The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Craig1998
I wrote it with the intention of someone picking up on it and suggesting what you did so people can see the idiocy.

When there's an 'Islamic' extremist attack and people say the attackers do not represent all muslims, the typical comments of '"Not all muslims"' or 'religion of peace' are given.

Well, Islam absolutely isn't a religion of peace, as you would know if you knew anything about it, and the reason people sarcastically say "not all Muslims" isn't because they're implying that all Muslims actually do support terrorism, it's just they're mocking what is essentially a completely empty, unhelpful, platitude that only serves to deflect attention from problems within the Muslim community.
Reply 41
Original post by Craig1998
If all lives matter, why are innocent people being killed in Syria when their houses are destroyed by Western forces?
If all lives matter, why do people on TSR instantly think to go to blame when a terrorist attack happens, rather than thinking of the victims?
If all lives matter, why are benefits of the needy being cut and cut again by the Tory government?
If all lives matter, why does America still have the death penalty?
If all lives matter, why was the woman in the video saying All Lives Matter like an 'Islamic' extremist would say 'Allahu Akbar'?
If all lives matter, does that mean the lives of people in Daesh, the KKK and other hateful groups/people matter?

The people who say All Lives Matter, do not mean it. They say it to contradict the Black Lives Matter movement. Most people within the Black Lives Matter movement, including myself, care for lives as long as that person has done nothing wrong, this is simply not the case with All Lives Matter.

Well, I happily say "all lives matter", I'm generally against air strikes unless absolutely necessary, I do think of the victims, I despise the Tory government, I am utterly opposed to the death penalty, that is one particular woman, and yes, their lives do matter, though not at the expense of other people's
Original post by ellie0497
"All Lives Matter" is such nonsence. It is like a person saying "football is great" after a major game and somone responding with "no, all sports are great".

So you think that Asian and White lives don't matter? Racist.
Original post by The_Opinion
So you think that Asian and White lives don't matter? Racist.

Read the post i made above yours
Read the post i made above yours

I saw your racist post. You didn't address why you think White and Asian lives don't matter.
All lives matter? Some cops don't think so. The cameras can't lie.

1470313384273.jpg

1470313411853.jpg

1470313439643.jpg

1470313464584.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
I saw your racist post. You didn't address why you think White and Asian lives don't matter.

I don't recall saying white lives or Asian lives don't matter. I said BLACK lives matter; not many people understand that.
Reply 48
Original post by anarchism101

Laughably flawed analogy. It doesn't even make any sense.
I don't recall saying white lives or Asian lives don't matter. I said BLACK lives matter; not many people understand that.

By having an issue with people saying "all lives matter", you clearly think that one or more groups lives don't matter.
I'm sure MLK would be an advocate of BLM.

Reply 51
Who/what started the fire and is there a high incidence of some specific types of property setting fire to other similar properties?
By having an issue with people saying "all lives matter", you clearly think that one or more groups lives don't matter.

All lives matter is used to disguise and dissemble the 'black lives matter' campaign and that is my issue with it. Yes of course all lives matter (no doubts about that), but black lives don't seem to matter in the US and the campaign is trying to show awareness so people recognise this. People who are getting upset clearly feel threatened that a marginalised minority group are empowering each other.
Reply 53
Only a racist would take issue with the phrase "all lives matter".
Original post by viffer
Who/what started the fire and is there a high incidence of some specific types of property setting fire to other similar properties?

You'd make a really **** fireman if that's your immediate response fo a burning building.

Obviously some houses are more likely to burn than others. Some materials are more flammable, some houses have weaker structures, etc. That doesn't change the fact that houses on fire need those fires put out, and those houses which aren't, don't.
Reply 55
You'd make a really **** fireman if that's your immediate response fo a burning building.

Obviously some houses are more likely to burn than others. Some materials are more flammable, some houses have weaker structures, etc. That doesn't change the fact that houses on fire need those fires put out, and those houses which aren't, don't.

I didn't think you would be willing or able to 'get' it as it was too subtle for you. As others have pointed out earlier in this and other threads about BLM the B community have a pretty poor record of....... errrrrr, how shall I put this to help you understand........ 'setting fire to themselves'

I do not condone unprovoked police violence/killing but the B community really do not help themselves taking into account the disproportionately high level of criminality including B on B murder. Maybe the BLM campaigners should factor in not throwing stones in their own glass house.

Did you see what I did there with my building related proverb < theme_emerging > :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 56
I don't think one video of an instance of racism should define an entire country. Just because one family is racist, it doesn't mean that American society as a whole is racist.

That being said, this racist encounter is indeed unfortunate. :frown:
All lives matter is used to disguise and dissemble the 'black lives matter' campaign and that is my issue with it. Yes of course all lives matter (no doubts about that), but black lives don't seem to matter in the US and the campaign is trying to show awareness so people recognise this. People who are getting upset clearly feel threatened that a marginalised minority group are empowering each other.

The issue is not necessarily with the movement as a core but with the individuals who are representing it. They have gone from an anti-racist movement to a fascist-like group, who stifle talks and intimidate political candidates. Moreover, the BLM movement has focused far too much on police violence rather than inner city and 'black-on-black' crime. Fact of the matter is that race relations have deteriorated due to a narrative with both sides attempting to politicise the issue.
Reply 58
Original post by Aceadria
The issue is not necessarily with the movement as a core but with the individuals who are representing it. They have gone from an anti-racist movement to a fascist-like group, who stifle talks and intimidate political candidates. Moreover, the BLM movement has focused far too much on police violence rather than inner city and 'black-on-black' crime. Fact of the matter is that race relations have deteriorated due to a narrative with both sides attempting to politicise the issue.

That's because its never just been about helping black people. It is first and foremost an anti-police lynch mob, to be exploited by Democratic politicians for votes every election season. The fact is that when black people are killed by the police in America, 9 times of 10 they have it coming. Trayvon, Mike Brown, Korryn Gaines and Alton Sterling are all examples of that. And when the death really is indefensible, like in the case of the guy who was recorded getting shot in the back, then the officer goes to jail.
Original post by Aceadria

Police brutality is far more of an issue than black-on-black crimes. The police misuse their authority to aid their racist ideologies considering a large number of US police are openly white supremacists/KKK members.

Latest

Trending

Trending