Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    where are you lot meeting all of these people? are you messaging them randomly via places like myspace?

ReputationRep:
    Ooooh! Myspace..

Think you should watch chapter one of this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAh6WwKILfk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrissylouise)
    i began toalking to a guy over a week ago nad we have spent hours talking on msn, even a whole night. He has asked to meet up and i dunno if i should. WHat would u do? would anyone else meet up with some one they met online and has anyone ever met anyone they met on line?
    Depends on where online you met him. If it's a random chat room, no don't do it. If it's a student forum like TSR, it should be ok, but make sure you take a friend with you, like other friends know where you are and meet this guy in a public place in broad daylight.

I've met people from online before but they're all from TSR - 11 in all, I believe but four of whom were male. All of whom I met in public places except one, but that one was a crush and now an ex and I was naively stupid at the time. Thank God nothing happened to me and that guy was not a weirdo (still in contact now) - but basically I got lucky and you can't guaruntee that you'll get lucky too.

And watch what he says as well. I almost met this guy, also from TSR, who was a complete and utter weirdo perv. I never met him in the end and have deleted his number long long ago. It was during the time when I was on the uni forums on TSR and that guy happens to be going to the same uni (we all were lol) so I got loads of people's numbers and met up with various people. That particular guy texted me saying "Wanna meet for a coffee?" - I took it as friendly fresher week stuff, so I said yeh sure, when etc. And basically that guy went onto saying stuff like "You could stay overnight" on msn to me :rolleyes: So I thought "Hmm, weird..." so I played along and joked "But where would I sleep?" and he may have said "In my bed" - so at that point I was like... :eek: :rolleyes: :eek: and still I played along and said, "Oh so you're sleeping on the floor then?" And he replied saying "I like cuddles at night." :rolleyes:

^understandably, I never met the guy!

So just watch who you're meeting. On the other hand, one of my best uni friends who's also my housemate, I'd met on TSR first.

ReputationRep:
    I've met many people online, and met IRL about five times, once was disasterous, the guy was weird, but was not threatening, I just felt he was only after one thing. The other's were all really nice, and I met my fiance on a dating website, I waited a few weeks to meet, and felt right about it.

ReputationRep:
    hi thanks fr the advice, im gonna wait a while bfore i decide to meet, bt i have a problem my dad found out i was talkignt o him online and he doesnt want me to meet ppl from online whihc is a bit annoying but i think i will still meet, wait a couple of months and see if i still want ot, my mates said they will come with me

ReputationRep:
    talk to him for a little bit longer say a month or two

meeting people for the internt is fun

BUT meet somewhere busy like a shopping center or liverpool street train station (some where like that)

ReputationRep:
    i would like to meet lads online. what is the best way of doing this please?

ReputationRep:
    wouldnt meet them after only one week they could be a weirdo or something worse, if it was over a long period of time then maybe. But still take a friend with you or some friends just to take you there to makesure you are safe.

Myspace the best way to start talkin to new people!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.