The fibs your teacher told you in school [golden thread]

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    "Misbehaviour will go on your permanent record to secondary school and college"*

ReputationRep:
    Your paper has been sent for a remark.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by She-Ra)
    You're welcome
    1.) How did you get that many followers??

2.) what fibs do you remember being told? Like above I agreed with the "don't swing on your chair or you'll fall back and split ur head"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Questioness)
    Your paper has been sent for a remark.
    really??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by She-Ra)
    What do they tell you at GCSE?
    Electrons are positioned in an orbit around the atom, like planets in the solar system, but with a maximum per "shell".

But actually, there's shells and subshells and they take all different shapes, and that's why you get the maxima that you do!

And then you find out that there are no shells and subshells, and it's actually a big cloud of probability for where an electron is likely to appear in the atom...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raman_17)
    really??
    Yes, I would have sent it for a remark myself If they hadn't offered. But they lied

ReputationRep:
    "If you don't write with joined-up handwriting in high school they'll give you a detention."

ReputationRep:
    Back in reception/year 1 my teacher got us counting down from 10 to 0 afterwards I asked what comes next and she told me there are no numbers smaller than 0. Was in a bad mood the rest of the day until my brother told me there are negative numbers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I would have sent it for a remark myself If they hadn't offered. But they lied
    1.) what year was this?
    2.) schools always lie, my school had money to pay for remarks but still made us pay

ReputationRep:
    That they'd tear us exam papers(6th grade school exams) and as a result, We'd fail unless we kept quiet.

ReputationRep:
    "you can be whatever you want to be." ***** I want to be a bird

ReputationRep:
    1.) what year was this?
    2.) schools always lie, my school had money to pay for remarks but still made us pay
    Yeah, it was GCSE English Lang which is pretty important. I was 2 marks from a B which sucks as it's usually the guiding by Unis. Basically could of saved me a lot of trouble, as had to retake this year.

I know, they are pigs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surina16)
    "This topic hasn't come up in 5 years so it will definitely be in the paper"
    Slightly similar; "this topic has come up for the last 3 years so it will definitely come up this year "

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it was GCSE English Lang which is pretty important. I was 2 marks from a B which sucks as it's usually the guiding by Unis. Basically could of saved me a lot of trouble, as had to retake this year.

I know, they are pigs.
    first... what year you in? just asking cos you are mentioning GCSE's

second, english is seen as major for unis

you had to retake the year!! WOW!!

they are pieces of s***

ReputationRep:
    There's always the teacher who fibs about the number of students they know of who have broken their neck leaning backwards in their chair...

ReputationRep:
    first... what year you in? just asking cos you are mentioning GCSE's

second, english is seen as major for unis

you had to retake the year!! WOW!!

they are pieces of s***
    I've just finished year 12. I meant retake the exam(not the year )because I wouldn't get into many Unis with a C for the courses that I want.

ReputationRep:
    "The smallest thing are protons, neutrons and electrons" WHAT ABOUT QUARKS?!!!!!?

ReputationRep:
    I really don't remember much from school (primary school is nothing but a blur, secondary school is starting to fade away too). The one thing they didn't fib about was that school would be some of the best years of your life. Okay, not everyone has a perfect experience at the time and I didn't have one either but I dunno. Because of that it was more true for 6th form. But I digress

ReputationRep:
    'High School is going to be one of the best times of your life' they said

ReputationRep:
    'This isn't going to be on the test don't bother learning it'

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 19, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which is the best season?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.