Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powersymphonia)
    People do go over the top with political correctness now so I do think Clint has a point, but we do need to have laws against discrimination and racism. You can't just say anything you want. We need clearer guidelines and education on what is and what is not acceptable, because sometimes it's difficult to determine what someone will and will not find offensive. Clint Eastwood is just an actor so who cares what he thinks. Donald Trump is an idiot.
    "You can't just say anything you want"

Great, now I'm triggered.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    That would be Clint eastwood wife beater. He sure aint a pussy about that.

ReputationRep:
    He's right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inhuman)
    Shame he makes amazing movies though.

From Spaghetti westerns through Dirty Harry to Million Dollar Baby and Gran Torino. Amazing what that guy did.

Oh and there are some funny twitter reactions to this starting with "In 1930s" or "When Eastwood was born" or something like.
    He was a wonderful actor and director and Leone was a truly great director.

Doesn't stop him being a complete jerk on politics, but then why go to actors for political advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bassbabe)
    Don't even know who this bloke is ...
    Seriously?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RickmanAlways)
    A FEW PEOPLE?! Like the comment he made about the mother of the soldier that died in war and said "shes not speaking because her religion doesnt let her".

when she was simply over whelmed by the over-life size posters of her dead son that she thought if she spoke she would break down into tears.

I dont know ANYONE who didn't think that was absolutely horrible! When i heard that on the radio i was absolutly agasht!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...856_story.html
    Ok then

ReputationRep:
    Eastwood is right. Right now what we have is a generation of women who don't know how to act like women, and men who don't know how to be men.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    he's 100% right. the last time there was such a culture of offence, it was called the dark ages. this is almost like a new dark age.
    What utter bilge, people have never had it so good...

ReputationRep:
    Lol all the triggered lefties and liberals

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    well he's not wrong at all

ReputationRep:
    Lol all the triggered lefties and liberals

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    "Back in my day weren't so politically correct" Back in your day you got pissy if a black person sat in the front of the bus, or drank from the white only drinking fountain.

Also, just because you say whats on your mind doesn't make you right or presidential material.

ReputationRep:
    He comes from an era where white people would have a cry if a black person sat on the wrong bus. He's an idiot.

(Original post by KimKallstrom)
    He's right
    Have you read what he said?He thinks we are pussies because we call out racism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robby2312)
    He does seem like a racist to be fair.However I think people should be allowed to say whatever they want short of inciting violence.If you begin to control what people can and cant say then how long is it until you're not allowed to even think certain things.Its totalitarian.
    I mean... he did direct a film which basically illustrates why racism is really stupid... so I kinda doubt that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dom2375)
    "Back in my day weren't so politically correct" Back in your day you got pissy if a black person sat in the front of the bus, or drank from the white only drinking fountain.

Also, just because you say whats on your mind doesn't make you right or presidential material.
    Somebody has been triggered by an observation from an actor from a state that never practised Jim Crow.

ReputationRep:
    Popular speech does not need protection, unpopular speech does. Unfortunately the west is abandoning this basic humanistic principle in favour of self censorship and the entitlement to feel offended.

Cultural relativism and self censorship will inevitabely lead to regression. This is not some sort of conspiracy theory, this is a sociological fact.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jambojim97)
    Clint Eastwood is a horrible nasty racist sexist homophobic xenophobic transphobic misogynistic antisemitic bigot!!!!!!!!!!!
    He is great then!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingBradly)
    I mean... he did direct a film which basically illustrates why racism is really stupid... so I kinda doubt that.

Which film was that? Tbh Im not really familiar with him.I mean obviously I've heard of him but I dont think Ive ever watched any of his movies.Anyway he said hes voting for trump in that article so that pretty much tells you all you need to know about him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robby2312)
    Which film was that?
    Gran Torino I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gora The Xplorer)
    Eastwood is right. Right now what we have is a generation of women who don't know how to act like women, and men who don't know how to be men.
    There's no set requirement to be a proper man or a woman.Its not like you have to pass a test to be a proper man or woman.Men who cry are still men and Ive never understood why men shouldnt cry.If you cry when you sad then you're a human.Thats what humans do and to pretend that men dont have emotions is stupid and is probably why the suicide rate is so high.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 17, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.