Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls, how much do you spend on a handbag? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by honour)
    I have my eyes on a new arrivals handbag from Fiorelli, which costs £52 after discount. It's very stylish and compact - but at that price, I'm not sure whether to buy it or not. So, I'm wondering, how much money do you spend on a handbag?
    (Original post by Hamo2509)
    Designer bags really are high quality finishing though. And they retain their value if you ever want to re-sell them. Some (Chanel, LV, Hermes) even appreciate in value so it's a solid investment.
    I'm a guy
    the most I've spent on a 2 messenger bags was £875 (1 Montblanc and an LV) for personal use
    but
    for commercial trading I've spent £3,500 on a used Hermes Birkin which I bought in Yorkshire on holiday and I took it back to London and got £8,000 from a dealer

ReputationRep:
    My parents bought me a mulberry for my 18th, which looking back on it was the biggest waste of £900, seeing as I don't carry a handbag now. Phone goes in one pocket and card holder goes in another pocket

ReputationRep:
    My max is £35, I usually spend £25 because I use the bank of mum and dad and they aren't made of money 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    dont buy handbags
    they are unpractical things
    Spoiler:
    Show
    #Backpacks/Satchels/SmallMessengerBags=Bae :love:

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I've spent more than £25. My newest one cost £12 in a sale!*

ReputationRep:
    I treated myself to a red leather Gucci handbag out of my first pay packet when I was a dancer at the Moulin Rouge in Paris in 1987. I got all dressed up so I would look the part, and went in to their shop on the Rue Du Faubourg Saint Honore. I still have the receipt. It cost 2,000 Francs, or roughly £200. Sadly since then, one side of the straps has come away.

ReputationRep:
    Between £0 - £1,500. My handbag addiction has been steadily increasing since the age of 16.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesthehustler)
    I'm a guy
    the most I've spent on a 2 messenger bags was £875 (1 Montblanc and an LV) for personal use
    but
    for commercial trading I've spent £3,500 on a used Hermes Birkin which I bought in Yorkshire on holiday and I took it back to London and got £8,000 from a dealer

A Birkin for £3,500? What a BARGAIN! What colour was the bag/hardware?!

ReputationRep:
    For a typical purchase I would spend around £50 but once I qualify I'll be spending far, far more on my bags. Right now I'm saving up a bit for a mid range designer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Technetium)
    A Birkin for £3,500? What a BARGAIN! What colour was the bag/hardware?!
    orange tan
    and gold hardware

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vee_wuvshugs)
    For a typical purchase I would spend around £50 but once I qualify I'll be spending far, far more on my bags. Right now I'm saving up a bit for a mid range designer.
    what do you consider mid-range as I have a vintage Gucci in stock but if that's not your thing check these out
    https://www.yoogiscloset.com/handbags it's in the US but they do ship internationally
    or
    http://shop.prestigepawnbrokers.co.u...gner-handbags/ as they operate here with a store in London and manchester and 2 in surrey as well as the online site

ReputationRep:
    The most I've spent on a bag is £70 for my longchamp i don't regret it all its a really sturdy bag, will last a long time and is cute

ReputationRep:
    1. Have you checked out Ismad.co.uk they have a cool collection of bags, all handmade and chemical-free. 0

ReputationRep:
    I don't use handbags.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Most I've spent was just over £2500 on a dior bag, one of the best purchases I made. Got it for doing well at the start of year 10

ReputationRep:
    It depends. Usually around $80-$150 for tote bags. I like big bags so I usually end up spending that much, but I don't really go for high end luxury brands. I just don't think it's worth it. Just recently, I bought a black shoulder bag that's super classy and versatile. I love it and it was like $80. This is Australian dollars, by the way.

ReputationRep:
    Around $400

ReputationRep:
    I got a leather bag from H&M or Zara--forgot which one--for under £30. I think it was Rp.300,000/£20 at the time. It's gone though plenty of abuse over the past 3 years and is small, lightweight, and goes with everything. I can fit 3 books, a large phone, and a wallet in it easily. 10/10 would recommend.

Edit: Not a handbag btw. Its one of those shoulder bag things (???) uh. I'm a shoe person not a bag person I'm sorry.

Also, I get hand-me-downs from my mum, who is most definitely a bag person. Her most recent purchase was a dead ugly Fendi bag that could buy me 6 pairs of shoes. *cri*

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.