Turn on thread page Beta

Whats your favourite musical? watch

ReputationRep:
    I wondered how long it was going to take you to turn up and vote for WSS and then moan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Electric Magic)
    Just wondering if there is a website containing all the channel4 "100 greatest" lists because there must be loads and I find them quite interesting to see, even if I rarely agree with them

As for musical...I'd like to say "We Will We Will Rock You" but I just have this feeling that if the band or the remaining members were still going on in some form or another people would have laughed it off and gone to a proper concert.

I can't say I didn't enjoy it, far from it, but the evening I went there was a standing ovation and I couldn't help but feel that here were a lot of people who were starving for a new album or something...(*hint to Mr Brian May and Roger Taylor :mad: *)
    Couldn't tell you the exact address but on www.channel4.com there are the full lists of the various stuff they did - if you search or go on the programmes index or something like that it'll turn up. I managed to get there randomly at one point lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    I wondered how long it was going to take you to turn up and vote for WSS and then moan
    Yeah, ok, we've already had this argument but hopefully we can agree the andrew lloyd webber is a pile of sh*te.

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    Yeah, ok, we've already had this argument but hopefully we can agree the andrew lloyd webber is a pile of sh*te.

MB
    not agreed!!

ReputationRep:
    Hehe I've been listening to Joseph all week and thanks to Helenia I'm now in a Cats mood.
    IMO ALW is not the greatest composer ever. He does some nice musicals, with catchy tunes, but not enough meet to make it into my favourites. My only major gripes with him, are that he nicks other peoples', and even his own tunes, and a little thing called Sarah Brightman :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Cats

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    Hehe I've been listening to Joseph all week and thanks to Helenia I'm now in a Cats mood.
    IMO ALW is not the greatest composer ever. He does some nice musicals, with catchy tunes, but not enough meet to make it into my favourites. My only major gripes with him, are that he nicks other peoples', and even his own tunes, and a little thing called Sarah Brightman :mad:
    Oh dear, Well I guess it beats me. This week I had two 30-hour coach journeys. On one I listened to the whole ring cycle (great but i'm never doing that again - it was too mad) and the rest of the week i've been listening to Alban Berg's "Wozzeck" which is f*cking depressing.

MB

ReputationRep:
    I havent seen too many, but i liked guys and dolls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)

yeah, old style fun. A bit dodgy though but still better than some of the crap that is on at the moment. What did people think of jerry springer the opera? I loved the tap-dancing KKK.

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lil !*!)
    We did Les Mis at school last year and it was so much fun. I wasnt involved as a member of the cast but I was always doing something even if it meant I was permanently covered in paint! It has a lot of fond memories for me but I also enjoy a lot of other musicals, Chicago and The Lion King are the first 2 that come to mind! What about everyone else?
    Les Mis - I went to see it twice - with Hadley Fraser as Mario...don't like the new cast now. Chicago bored me. If I couldn't have Les Mis I'd vote Blood brothers (I cried everytime I went to see it).

ReputationRep:
    I go through phases, my favourite at the minute is The Wiz, so cool!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    My sis was in that, I quite enjoyed some of the songs, but others just didn't grab me at all. Oddly, when they sang "Luck be a Lady" I really liked it, it was bouncy and catchy and really energetic, but when I saw it in the film version I wasn't that impressed. Helped that Sky Masterson was not bad looking

I don't know, apart from that; I adored Les Mis when I saw it, but that was ages ago. Cats is fantastic, though I agree the music isn't the greatest ever. I love Chrissie Hammond's Grizabella though (seen her sing it 3 times) - better than Elaine Page, if you ask me

ReputationRep:
    i''ve only seen cats, so i vote for that. saw chess on tv though but it wasn't the same.

ReputationRep:
    My trouble is that I can't choose between them- I love them all! I've seen Cats, Fame, Grease, West Side Story, Whistle Down the Wind and the old version of Starlight Express. I'd really like to see Rocky Horror Show, Chicago, Bombay Dreams and Lion King.
    I don't really have much to compare him too but I love the songs of Andrew LW. Listening to a CD of his best tunes always puts me in a very good mood.

ReputationRep:
    The old Les Mis. My favourite song ever, empty chairs at empty tables.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    The old Les Mis. My favourite song ever, empty chairs at empty tables.
    Oooh, I like that one, a guy at school sang it for his leaving concert, was very moving. My favourites are On My Own and One Day More though.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah les mis is great but a nightmare from a set point of view ( We managed to build a barricade with help from many in our school production!!!)

ReputationRep:
    I love Stars personally . Javert is just such a brilliant character. That's just one of the songs that you can really feel the hairs on the back of your neck standing up .

ReputationRep:
    i just think that it's a great example of a modern musical - one that mixes contemporary stuff and instruments such as synths with the conventional classical/orchestra type approach to the older musicals. And most of the songs are instantly memorable.

As you may have gathered i'm pro les mis lol

ReputationRep:
    I totally agree with you. It's just so powerful as well. You've got all human life in one three hour, perfectly composed slice.

So who's your fave char and what's your fave song?

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.