The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Scroll to see replies

Lourdes is the hospital up the road :smile: It's about a 2 minute walk and I feel a lot safer parking up there, in general. Who knows though? We might get spaces :biggrin: I'm more worried about moving my stuff in to be honest... when I went to Newcastle the car park for my halls was a fair size, so we could keep the car there for a while.
Oh well, they've managed in the past!

hannah1987

ooooooooooh is the hospital near the halls?! I've been transferred from work to the liverpool hospital!? i do bank work, so can pick when i want to work, be handy if it was close! x

Lourdes is a private one... do you mean the Royal Liverpool Hospital? That's the big one in town :smile:
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 41
yeah i think i'm just going to take mine.

are you guys coming home at weekends??? i dunno what to do because i currently work at asda ( please spare the 'rollback' jokes lol ), i was planning on being transfared to the one at sefton park but they are messing me about 2 much etc.. so i think i may continue working at the one i'm at (in Bolton)on sundays only; as i could always pick up overtime if i was skint and work sat also.....what would u do?? also i'd prob be home most weekends to see my fella etc...

any help would be much appriciated

xxxx
Reply 42
Hey Laura, could you not do what i do and like in essence work at both, but like just do overtime. Not sure what they're like there, but i work at Fairfield Hospital in Bury at the moment, just housekeeping and what-have you, and i just do bank work at the moment, but if i wanted it i could work everyday. They said i could transfer to liverpool hospital and like work where-ever i wanted. So when i go home just ring them up and if i've got time i could work whilst in Liverpool!? That way u could have the best of both worlds! Not sure what asda are like though, whether they'd let u do that and if they have enough hours for u to rely on that.

Personally, if not, i wouldnt garantee that you'll be home for every sunday, until at least u know what everyone's doing. Not sure how many people stay and go at weekends, spose its different in every corridor! xxxx

oh and Jane, its the public hospital yer. Its not that far from the halls though is it? its just out of the city centre right? ten min drive!? xxx
Reply 43
thanks hannah, i know what u mean bout being home every sunday etc... i'm deffo staying with asda cos i can work there in the summer etc.. and the discount will come in handy lol, i may just do the sunday thing (obviously i would not start til oct etc) until i find something better for term time xxx
Reply 44
ooooh the hoosiers are playing liverpool at freshers... good times, lol, along with the vengaboys... bad times!

Plus... a quickie question... do you tend to go to the freshers fair with ur corridor friends!?

Im worried about all these events and who you go with!! lol! xxx
Reply 45
How do u kno whos playing? i wouldnt worry 2 much bout who u go with freshers weeks bout making friends so just go with the flow etc (please padon the crappy cathphrase lol) xx
Reply 46
haha vengaboys AND pat sharp at freshers week, cud it get any better??? lol
The Vengaboys?? Haha, my life will obviously be complete if I see them.

And the hospital isn't that far away :smile: It's on the edge of town, right by the Uni in fact!
Reply 48
Ive just got a room offer for J115 in DnR. I havent got my results yet but does that mean my status is now uncondition and im actually in?!!!!
Reply 49
I just got the same thing...im hoping this means I get in :smile: I'll be fkin gutted if I dont get in now to give me a room and already know my results and then reject me would seem odd?
Reply 50
I'm gonna say yer, it means ur in. (to make u happy!) What room u got then!? xxxx
Reply 51
ive got J115! Do u av2 become unconditional firm to get a room offer?:confused:
Reply 52
the uni's would have received ur results sunday, so i guess if they've accepted u for accomm then u wud have got in!!! oooh god, i hope im not wrong now. I no they def have ur results from sunday, the rest is a guess! x
Reply 53
It would seem weird for them to give you a room number etc and then you find out you aint got the grades. Why would they even bother updating the accomodation if you haven't got the grades cus they already know our results and give me my first choice room lol. Seems a stupid thing to as it would create more work for them to reallocate rooms. fkin hope i aint wrong now hahaha
xxnikkixx
ive got J115! Do u av2 become unconditional firm to get a room offer?:confused:

I would reckon you have an offer, cos i didnt get an accomodation offer until i'd decided with Liverpool i wanted the offer due to missing the grades. But dont take my word for it, good luck with the results tomorrow tho. Its good going you have an Old Court room offer, thats where the massive rooms are so your sorted.
Reply 55
congrats you guys!!!
Reply 56
I got in whaaay
i got into uni!!! yeooooooooooo!!! havent been made a room offer yet!!! im getting ****ing hammered/blizted/bedazzled/crunked/blocked/drunk tonigh... today!!!
Amores-Perros
i got into uni!!! yeooooooooooo!!! havent been made a room offer yet!!! im getting ****ing hammered/blizted/bedazzled/crunked/blocked/drunk tonigh... today!!!

Eee! Congrats! :biggrin:
Reply 59
I've met my next door neighbour on facebook, but its not enough, lol, can't believe i haven't found anyone else! No-one else in Q Block!?!? (Some Nice Friendly FUN people please!) xxx

Latest

Trending

Trending