Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What have you done this Summer holiday so far? Watch

(Original post by cookie123456789)
    So far I have:
    -Got drunk with the squad at a sleepover after prom
    -Had a disastrous evening with the squad at Nandos http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4242004
    What have you done so far?
    I learned that the correct term for an imaginary friend is "the squad"
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Jokes

ReputationRep:
    Nothing, unless sleeping constitutes as an activity?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elen90)
    This is too detailed to be of interest to y'all but I'm gonna stick this here anyway so I can remember what I did this extended holiday. No, seriously, a lot of this won't make sense to you.
    Spoiler:
    Show

- Ate celebratory end of exams burgers with friends.
    - Then celebratory end of exams cocktails with friend (singular).
    - Got angry over Brexit. Still angry.
    - Obsessed over the Game of Thrones finale.
    - Decided to finally continue reading the ASoIaF series.
    - Finished learning a couple of piano pieces - including Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata 3rd Mvt. which took way too long.
    - Frantically picked up last-minute prom things and travel stuffs.
    - Had my eyelashes curled. Yeah, it's a thing, apparently.
    - Final dinner out with the fam before I depart.
    - Saw Derren Brown: Miracle live. That guy does some crazy **** yo.
    - Prom. Enough said.
    - Casually disappeared for three weeks with friends to take advantage of free movement around Europe - but I've already kept a journal for details of the crazy shenanigans there.
    - Survived on my own for a few days upon return because my parents ditched me for Croatia. :nopity:
    - Horribly sunburned chest and back begins to peel like clingfilm (becauseeveryonereallywantedtokn owthat). But the rest of me tanned which is a phenomenon.
    - Preliminary ideas for fantasy book, the brainchild of many long European train journeys, which I'll write at some point in the next fifty years.
    - Celebrated friend's 19th birthday.
    - Started learning Mandarin Chinese again. Spoken, it's alright. Written is another story.
    - Ate lunch out with an old friend who I haven't seen in ages.
    - Watched Grease with grandma!
    - My aunt comes to stay and we go out for lunch with the other, more dementia-y grandma.
    - Visited brother in Cambridge and stayed at his student accommodation which was surprisingly decent.
    - Went to my cousin's wedding and met my first-cousin-once-removed-something for the first time.
    - Family friends gathering thingimabob.
    - Had an interview at M&S. Was offered the job.
    - Job offer then immediately withdrawn when I told them I couldn't work at Christmas. Way to go, you honest moron.
    - Hung out with friends in park and was an awkward witness to a terrible who-cheated-on-who argument. Third wheeling - never again.
    - Watched Star Trek: Beyond in cinema, with a trekkie who ranted about it for hours.
    - Went to some day festival.
    - Started babysitting for a couple of cats.
    - Also did babysitting for real human little people.
    - Got addicted to 'Stranger Things' on Netflix. Like, crack-addict addicted.
    - Took up running again, in some attempt to make myself reasonably fit.
    - Started babysitting for a chicken, a rabbit and a guinea pig. What kind of child-animal menagerie profit-making business am I building here?
    - BBQ with grandma!
    - Golf with grandma!
    - Yay grandma!
    - Getting myself back into reading, a passion I lost around January thanks to A2s. Currently on the Kingkiller Chronicles and I'm slowly regaining my love for it.
    - I've finally cracked this 'making a decent coffee' thing.
    - Generally trying (and failing) to find a job to keep myself occupied this coming year.
    - And in between all this: procrastinated on TSR, Facebook, YouTube, Imgur, Twitter... procrastinated on Netflix, procrastinated playing AC Black Flag, procrastinated by eating (procrastination from getting a job and sorting my life out).
    Wow!! Where did you get the time for all of this??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Workangel_24)
    Wow!! Where did you get the time for all of this??
    My holidays really started on the 23rd of June, so I had the end of June to do some things, then 1st-21st of July was spent interrailing, and after that I've just been doing my best to keep myself occupied It looks like a lot but isn't that much when I consider that the vast majority of my time has been spent on the computer since I've got back. Today I've done absolutely nothing except write a few paragraphs for the 'book' haha.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.