Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    the door to my flat is really well hidden anyway.. most people can't even find it when they are specifically looking for it and its taken the postlady a while to locate it!! lol - i was thinking of leaving a box or something out and asking for it to be put in there?? I just hope it's not raining or it will get soaked hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    Me too! What if no one answers the door and it gets sent back????!!! Oh God no! I think I will have to call in sick!
    i'm not working however, i am getting dragged to homebase to buy garden furniture :| WHY?! it's no longer summer!! :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kidders)
    the door to my flat is really well hidden anyway.. most people can't even find it when they are specifically looking for it and its taken the postlady a while to locate it!! lol - i was thinking of leaving a box or something out and asking for it to be put in there?? I just hope it's not raining or it will get soaked hehe
    but someone might nick it!! :eek: people have nicked stuff from our porchway of our house when delivery men thought it was a good idea to leave stuff there instead of going to our neighbours hmph!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting scared that ours won't come. I've ordered two. 1 for me, 1 for blissy, what if one comes and the other doesn't :eek: What if both don't come :eek: arghhhh....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    I'm getting scared that ours won't come. I've ordered two. 1 for me, 1 for blissy, what if one comes and the other doesn't :eek: What if both don't come :eek: arghhhh....
    I'm starting to panic as well. Logged on to amazon and it said delivery expected 21st-23rd. What if it doesn't come tomorrow...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ally Kat)
    I'm starting to panic as well. Logged on to amazon and it said delivery expected 21st-23rd. What if it doesn't come tomorrow...
    When did you order it? Before a certain date (not sure when, but it will only have been a few days ago), they guarantee that it will arrive tomorrow - and I think Royal Mail have some special operation to make sure it does - so don't worry, just wait a little longer

ReputationRep:
    mine was dispatched on 15th july apparently and delivery estimate is expected on the 21st

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    When did you order it? Before a certain date (not sure when, but it will only have been a few days ago), they guarantee that it will arrive tomorrow - and I think Royal Mail have some special operation to make sure it does - so don't worry, just wait a little longer
    I ordered it months ago so it should come tomorrow. It doesn't stop me worrying though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hana_1987)
    mine was dispatched on 15th july apparently and delivery estimate is expected on the 21st
    It said mine was dispatched on the 18th! It will still come tomorrow won't it?!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else hear about the stoopid american online booksellers that sent out 1200 copies 4 DAYS EARLY due to 'human error.'

What idiots working for that distributor wouldn't notice when the most important book of the year (in terms of sales/security etc) is getting sent out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fakeplasticsmee)
    Anyone else hear about the stoopid american online booksellers that sent out 1200 copies 4 DAYS EARLY due to 'human error.'

What idiots working for that distributor wouldn't notice when the most important book of the year (in terms of sales/security etc) is getting sent out?
    Yeah, I saw that as well (in The Times, I think)
    Shame Amazon weren't the same for us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ally Kat)
    It said mine was dispatched on the 18th! It will still come tomorrow won't it?!
    I hope so!! it probably means dispatched as in to royal mail to hold/sorting office until the release date or something...

ReputationRep:
    How annoying, books were not here by 10am so I went to asda and bought 2. Came back, they still were not here then about an hour later royal mail put a thing through letter box saying they'd tried to deliver them (without even ringing the buzzer) ****ing ******s! So we wouldn't have had them till Monday! I'm going to send them back and demand a refund on account of royal mail being ******s!

Half way through

ReputationRep:
    How easy do you think it would be to get a refund from Amazon? I don't think I can wait any longer!
    I gave up my break from work so I could come home early, but my brother and sister texted to say it wasn't here - I thought they were playing a trick on me.

Edit - I didn't actually get an 'item dispatched' email, just the 'preparing for dispatch' one (on the 18th).

ReputationRep:
    How easy do you think it would be to get a refund from Amazon? I don't think I can wait any longer!
    I gave up my break from work so I could come home early, but my brother and sister texted to say it wasn't here - I thought they were playing a trick on me.

Edit - I didn't actually get an 'item dispatched' email, just the 'preparing for dispatch' one (on the 18th).
    Wait until tomorrow..
    If they guranteed delivery today (which they should have done) then you'll get a refund easy if it doesnt arrive today.
    My aunt ordered the last one from amazon....she was still waiting for it 2 weeks after the release. Hence why I opted to pick mine up at midnight last night...cant trust the post

ReputationRep:
    Jeez! Do you think I should watch JK reading the first chapter on YouTube or would that just drive me to pull out my fingernails?!

ReputationRep:
    MY postman banged on the window for 5 mins at 8am this morning apparently lol...n my mum eventually went to get the door and he was like "eerr it's the HP book" and my mum was surprised he was so nice and persevered in trying to give it to us-bless!!

ReputationRep:
    Arrrrgggghhh! My sister! The book DID come (she's just come home), she hid it in her room. Bah! I've wasted a good 1 1/2 hours. :mad: Off to read. Hope everyone else's comes soon!

ReputationRep:
    Arrrrgggghhh! My sister! The book DID come (she's just come home), she hid it in her room. Bah! I've wasted a good 1 1/2 hours. :mad: Off to read. Hope everyone else's comes soon!

Man, if that was my sister, I'd bury her!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    mine didn't come on saturday so going to get a refund from amazon.went to the shops to get one in the morning.finished the book now

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.