Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Harold Godwinson)
    If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. Why are you on TSR at 3 in the morning if you can't take a simple discussion? With your stress tolerance, you are going to struggle in IB, big time mate, big time.
    'simple discussion' is telling me I'm going to have a trophy wife and be wasting away my twenties chasing money. I'm sorry but that is not how you have a discussion, nor is it in any particular way how you converse with respect with others.

All you've done in the past couple of posts is:
    - presume things about my motivations
    - presume things about how I'll lead my life
    - tell me I'm going to end up in back office
    - tell me I can't take 'stress'

Do me a favour and just drop this, because I'm not going to put up with it. You can take your kitchen and shove it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdeptDz)
    Wanting to have the finer things and have the best life you can is not greedy.. It's not like he's trying to take all the money in the world, money is the motivator for nearly everything.. If there was no money would anyone even bother getting a job?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not that you are entirely wrong, but that's a bit naive, don't you think?

ReputationRep:
    Wanting to have the finer things and have the best life you can is not greedy.. It's not like he's trying to take all the money in the world, money is the motivator for nearly everything.. If there was no money would anyone even bother getting a job?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nothing wrong with wanting to set yourself up nicely. But money is a powerful motivator, many people can't handle the temptation. I would just want enough to set myself and my family up. No need to be like Donal Trump you know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inhuman)
    Why you think I didn't pursue a career there?
    So you had the internship and didn't carry on out of choice?

smh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    'simple discussion' is telling me I'm going to have a trophy wife and be wasting away my twenties chasing money. I'm sorry but that is not how you have a discussion, nor is it in any particular way how you converse with respect with others.

All you've done in the past couple of posts is:
    - presume things about my motivations
    - presume things about how I'll lead my life
    - tell me I'm going to end up in back office
    - tell me I can't take 'stress'

Do me a favour and just drop this, because I'm not going to put up with it. You can take your kitchen and shove it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You see? You're getting frustrated. How are you going to handle the pressuring boss and he will get on you a damn sight more then a fella on the internet mate.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    You see? You're getting frustrated. How are you going to handle the pressuring boss and he will get on you a damn sight more then a fella on the internet mate.
    There is a difference between a demanding boss (I've had many) and some guy who made a TSR account today telling me about my life - which you know 0 about.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Make39kButNoHoes)
    So you had the internship and didn't carry on out of choice?

smh
    Thanks for confirming I made the right choice.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Nothing wrong with wanting to set yourself up nicely. But money is a powerful motivator, many people can't handle the temptation. I would just want enough to set myself and my family up. No need to be like Donal Trump you know?
    Well some people want to do better than just average or alright.. If it's there for you to have why not go for it.. I wouldn't want just enough to have an average life? You only live once, id rather have the best life possible than an average one, I want to have a fun good life, you need money for that.. I could probably have a good life with less, but if it's there for me then why not, if I don't like It I'll look for something with less hours but I don't think I'll mind It personally.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There is a difference between a demanding boss (I've had many) and some guy who made a TSR account today telling me about my life - which you know 0 about.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There is no difference in a guy you are getting annoyed with on the internet and a demanding boss. Other then the fact a boss at a world leading bank will come down on you like a tonne of bricks at any point in time they choose. If you can't handle me, you won't last long in a stressful environment like the financial sector. Pieman.

ReputationRep:
    Well some people want to do better than just average or alright.. If it's there for you to have why not go for it.. I wouldn't want just enough to have an average life? You only live once, id rather have the best life possible than an average one, I want to have a fun good life, you need money for that.. I could probably have a good life with less, but if it's there for me then why not, if I don't like It I'll look for something with less hours but I don't think I'll mind It personally.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You don't need to have a lot of money to have a fun good life. But I see your point Adept, you are ambitious nothing wrong with that mate! Good luck to you!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I get what you're saying but you need to remember everyone is different, everyone has different aims. You might aim for average and some might aim for higher.. You have no right to judge them or say they are greedy because they want their hardwork to be worth it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    You don't need to have a lot of money to have a fun good life. But I see your point Adept, you are ambitious nothing wrong with that mate! Good luck to you!
    Thank you, you too

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    There is no difference in a guy you are getting annoyed with on the internet and a demanding boss. Other then the fact a boss at a world leading bank will come down on you like a tonne of bricks at any point in time they choose. If you can't handle me, you won't last long in a stressful environment like the financial sector. Pieman.
    There is a HUGE difference. One person I have respect for because I know they've busted their ass to get to where they are and/or have been smart with making connections. The other, is a random guy who thinks he can just spout utter tripe about people's lives based on the same clichés bandied around the word of mouth chain.

I'm cool with pressure, I'm cool with even getting reamed when there is a reason for that. What I'm not cool with is when a random unknown person starts preaching to me about life, I don't know you, you don't know me - you don't even have a reputation on here to at least back you. Leave it at that and get on with your own life. Don't try to play stupid mind games over the internet with me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I get what you're saying but you need to remember everyone is different, everyone has different aims. You might aim for average and some might aim for higher.. You have no right to judge them or say they are greedy because they want their hardwork to be worth it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    True, true, but people like Princepie man don't realise what there getting themselves into. Pressure is a strong factor in the finance game. Dreams can literally be made and broken in a blink of an eye. Their just a little cocky too! 🙂

ReputationRep:
    Why would you waste your prime time years with optimal testosterone levels pursuing "money" rather than getting swole? Some people I just don't understand.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    There is a HUGE difference. One person I have respect for because I know they've busted their ass to get to where they are and/or have been smart with making connections. The other, is a random guy who thinks he can just spout utter tripe about people's lives based on the same clichés bandied around the word of mouth chain.

I'm cool with pressure, I'm cool with even getting reamed when there is a reason for that. What I'm not cool with is when a random unknown person starts preaching to me about life, I don't know you, you don't know me - you don't even have a reputation on here to at least back you. Leave it at that and get on with your own life. Don't try to play stupid mind games over the internet with me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just leave it, probably just trying to piss you off

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Dilzo999)
    Why would you waste your prime time years with optimal testosterone levels pursuing "money" rather than getting swole? Some people I just don't understand.
    If that's your priority, cool. But it's not the priority for others, which is also fine. Accept that and move on.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Who says I'm playing mind games? That's on you. Everyone else on this thread are getting on with each other discussing and conversing just fine. And you are judging me more then, I'm judging you. Judging by your character I don't have to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inhuman)
    Thanks for confirming I made the right choice.
    Joking mate, I'm one of those that didn't make it into IB so can't fathom how others wouldn't want to. To each their own.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Dilzo999)
    ???
    And I could say the opposite to you, but it would be stupid wouldn't it?
    We both have our reasons, we both have different priorities
    That's 'why'
    that wasn't so hard to understand was it
    Everybody has different aims okay.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.