Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    One of my best friends is a twin and they get on so well and talk about everything and do everything together etc.. i want a twin dammit!

ReputationRep:
    ive an identical twin sister but it can be annoying when pple treat u both as one person. like they assume ure both just totally similar, and have only one identity. and my mum always does that- kinda ironic, really. because most of my friends dont even do that.

ReputationRep:
    Ezekiel - there are also good parents, who cook decent food for their kids and stay at home with them instead of shoving them in day care. I think you're judging everyone on a few bad examples you've seen, which is a shame

Back on topic, my mum is a twin so I'm a bit freaked that it'll skip a generation and I'll have twins too. Part of me would quite like it but I know it would be expensive - bet shoe shopping, school uniform shopping etc etc costs a bundle each time you go! (Though I hope I'll be living in France where they don't have school uniforms )

I always quite wanted a twin, would be quite fun to basically be born with a best friend attached Though I can see the downsides of being a twin/triplet.

ReputationRep:
    I love being a triplet, though it has its downsides (people treating us as though we're one person, people making stupid comments at school etc.) It was great growing up with 2 readymade best friends who thought in a similar way and liked doing the same stuff, who I could say anything to.

ReputationRep:
    Being an identical twin is not as fun as it sounds.

Haha yes calling me by my brothers name was funny the first time, not the 2484th time.

Identical twins are apparently telepathic....just because we have the same DNA doesn't mean we can read each other's minds:confused:

Dressing us in the same clothes as kids was NOT cute.

We are not called "The Twins", we have our own names thank you very much.

This is all

ReputationRep:
    heh i had identical twins friends and from a kilometer away i can distinguish one from the other

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Djmilesno1)
    Being an identical twin is not as fun as it sounds.

Haha yes calling me by my brothers name was funny the first time, not the 2484th time.

Identical twins are apparently telepathic....just because we have the same DNA doesn't mean we can read each other's minds:confused:

Dressing us in the same clothes as kids was NOT cute.

We are not called "The Twins", we have our own names thank you very much.

This is all
    my bros are called "the boys" they dont seem to mind.
    and my mum always refused to dress them identically.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrisbeeFan)
    I love being a triplet, though it has its downsides (people treating us as though we're one person, people making stupid comments at school etc.) It was great growing up with 2 readymade best friends who thought in a similar way and liked doing the same stuff, who I could say anything to.
    I agree! The positives definitely outweigh the negatives. If I had the chance to be a triplet, twin or singleton in a future life, I'd still say I wanted to remain being a triplet!

ReputationRep:
    i have a twin sister!! does my head in most of the time! the wierd thing is we got exactly the same GCSE grades but i beat her in AS, will have to see if i beat her in A2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HistoryStudent)
    I hate it when people don't really acknowledge you as different people automatically too!
    That's probably the worst thing about being a triplet, I think.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.