• View Poll Results: Window or aisle?
    Window
    70.60%
    Aisle
    20.04%
    No preference
    9.36%

ReputationRep:
    I'm a big child inside when it comes to planes so window every single time for me Plus yeah, gotta love the views!

ReputationRep:
    Window!!!!
    I like looking at the scenery, if it isn't the sea that is!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuclear Ghost)
    6'4". But that's mainly due to my legs. My hip is much higher than most people's.
    Damnnnnnnn I'm an entire foot shorter than you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raniafern)
    Damnnnnnnn I'm an entire foot shorter than you!
    Ha ha, one thing that's extremely annoying is people telling me that I'm tall. No [email protected]$, Sherlock.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuclear Ghost)
    Ha ha, one thing that's extremely annoying is people telling me that I'm tall. No [email protected]$, Sherlock.
    Yes... Which is why I simply stated my height So, are you happy with your height? Why/why not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raniafern)
    Yes... Which is why I simply stated my height So, are you happy with your height? Why/why not?
    There are pros and cons. For instance, plane seats are a huge con!

I'm glad I don't have to strain to reach things, I naturally have a fast walking speed without losing much energy, and girls seem to like my height.

On the other hand, it's hard to find clothes that fit, or beds you can fit in, and you keep hitting your head on things if you're careless.

Not joking, when I was 12, my parents wanted a new car, and spent months searching various car companies for cars I would fit in. At 15, I was waiting for a bus and was hit in the face by the bus mirror; everyone else was so short, they were in no danger from it at all.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really have a preference, for me both the window and aisle seat have their pros and cons. I like the window seat because you can look out when landing and taking off and see the land below is nice, you can lean against the side of the plane too and also don't have to move to let people get past you.

If I had to choose either one I would probably be more inclined to go for the window seat but it is 51% -49%

ReputationRep:
    Looking out of the window is the best entertainment on a plane as it gets for me When I sit in the middle or the row seat I always try to sneak peek at the view and the people sitting near the window freak out that I'm staring at them lol

ReputationRep:
    Depends where I'm going.I mostly fly back and forth to the US.

The flight there takes around 9 hours and there's next to nothing to see for most of the flight. *So it's better to have an aisle seat for easy access to the loo/snacks.*

The flight back is around 6 hours. It's a night flight and the plane is usually not as full. I can often bag an unoccupied row. When I can't do this I'd prefer window; I sleep for most of the flight - and having the side of the plane to lean on is nice.*

Having said all that, sometimes being at a window is nice. We over flew New York City a few months back and it was quite cool to see.

Any short/medium haul flights - don't really care.*

ReputationRep:
    Window on long haul, the upper deck on the A380 is sublime by the window, lots of room to rest your head
    Short haul flights i prefer aisle slightly.

Window bc when u look out it is easier to day dream without someones head being in ur daydream.
    But sometimes the window seats get bad bc when u try to get past all those ppl on the aisle seats the whole situation gets tough.I just end up hurting some much ppl when i try to get past and end up saying sorry a hundred times.
    But i still prefer the window seats,the scenery always suits my music ,like ur in a film and ur the person running away from home or depressed.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Wooo my poll got featured

ReputationRep:
    Window. For the views.

ReputationRep:
    window aisle but when I went turkey in December my mum booked a seat near the emergency exit, me and my brother were so scared we didn't want to sit near the window ( which we usually love)so we swapped with our parents.

ReputationRep:
    Aisle especially if I'm flying alone as I don't like to make people get up if I need to go to the toilet or get something from my bag

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squeakysquirrel)
    Aisle every time - easier to get to the toilet and the food section and also quicker to leave the plane
    (Original post by Glib)
    With the window seat, you get to enjoy watching take off and landing, which is pretty cool.
    However with the aisle seat, you get that valuable extra leg room on one leg.

The seat in the middle is just disgusting.
    This is basically my view. I'd rather have space to move about in, than have a nice view for about 10 minutes, and then be stuck for the rest of the flight

ReputationRep:
    I like sitting next to the window because then I can take pictures like this

Attachment 570782570786

Okay idk why two pictures have uploaded but it won't let me delete one of them.
    Attached Images

• Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Aisle because I desperately need the leg room. 6ft + master race but planes are one area long legs are a burden

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squeakysquirrel)
    Aisle every time - easier to get to the toilet and the food section and also quicker to leave the plane
    This. Also - you can angle yourself so your legs are towards the aisle and you get more leg room

ReputationRep:
    Why are people talking about a "food section"? WTF is a food section in a plane?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.