Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomber)
    Where was this?
    On the way back home from a night out in Manchester.

ReputationRep:
    I dunno, the firearm aspect seems to be in certain areas. But it is getting more and more common I guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KMaguire)
    Sorry to hear about that man you did the right thing tho!
    A little money and blood and tear's for life is a fair trade.

I am sure who ever did this will get a unconditional for HM Birmingham Prison
    I heard there doing a Msc in Biological Engineering no formal education but
    2 underage teen pregnancy's is sufficent.
    I wasn't remotely close to being in tears, i wasn't bloodied, just bruised, and very pissed off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    On the way back home from a night out in Manchester.
    Yeah I assumed it was Manc if you're in Cheshire. Can be a pretty rough place I guess. Was it Fallowfields/studenty area?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomber)
    Yeah I assumed it was Manc if you're in Cheshire. Can be a pretty rough place I guess. Was it Fallowfields/studenty area?
    It was 5 minutes away from where i live, that is, on the outskirts of Stockport.

ReputationRep:
    Don't feel embarassed or belittled. I was attacked by a group of 15 year olds but at the end of the day if there's a group and they jump on you there's **** all you can do. In my case I left it with a dislocated shoulder and bad head injuries but no weapon was brandished apart from a pool cue thankfully..

At the end of the day you did the right thing. Main thing is that you learn from it and avoid walking by yourself at night, especially in dodgy areas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    I wasn't remotely close to being in tears, i wasn't bloodied, just bruised, and very pissed off.
    When I said "Tear's" it wasnt ment in the literal term more for the emotional side.

ReputationRep:
    Where and what time did it happen?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lorrybeep)
    Where and what time did it happen?
    Why? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I meant what time did you walk home alone?

And do you remember what they look like?

ReputationRep:
    I meant what time did you walk home alone?

And do you remember what they look like?
    Not late at all. It was dark, 10.15pm. I wouldn't be able to ID them because they approached and attacked me so quickly, kicking and punching me, with my head naturally facing the floor, so i wasn't taking all their hits, and purely because my body was being hit downwards towards the ground. They didn't floor me. Close to where i live, there's an infestation of chavs. They all look the same, chavvy tracksuit bottoms, the obligatory baseball cap, skinny, socks over the bottom of their tracksuit bottoms etc etc...

ReputationRep:
    and you don't know the race?

Sometimes you can tell from the way they talk. That'd help the police investigate better.

And what's the bank's take since you had given them passwords to your account?

ReputationRep:
    and you don't know the race?

Sometimes you can tell from the way they talk. That'd help the police investigate better.

And what's the bank's take since you had given them passwords to your account?
    they were all white. Very few words were muttered, as far as i can remember/recollect, it was "gimme yer money....gimme yer ****ing money"

It's probably a good job i did give them my pin. I ran from the crime scene, then phoned the police, from a location i thought would provide me with relative safety. But no, had to hang up on the police as two youths approached a couple of minutes later, obviously had just walked up the same road i ran up. They were acting aggressively and swearing, so i ran away from them again. Had i not given them my pin, then these two youths would have been right there, and probably attacked me again, until they got the genuine pin number. When a gun was pointed in my face, and with so many youths in the local vicinity, although 4 assaulted me, there were approx.10 in the group, hanging around on a street corner...you don't take risks. I didn't, gave them my card, and probably, in the circumstances, did the right thing in providing them with the correct pin number. They couldv'e quite easily have found me again, chased me and attacked me even more viciously, and who knows, used the gun on me.

The bank will be dealing with the police, the police with the bank...the bank informed me today they will send a letter out to me, regarding their stance on the situation, within a week. They have police contacts regarding this specific incident, so it's a waiting game for the moment. It'd be nice to have my money back. I know my health is important, i'm fine, but it'd be the icing on the cake if i had the money put back in. But banks are banks, and banks can also be real *******s!

ReputationRep:
    Sensible, because you didn't know if the gun was real or not. £200 is no price for your life.

ReputationRep:
    Castration should be the punishment for those ****ers :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martyn1989)
    National service, get 'em licked in to shape jolly what ho.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martyn1989)
    Eh? You think they should have their balls chopped off?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white haired wizard)
    The bank will be dealing with the police, the police with the bank...the bank informed me today they will send a letter out to me, regarding their stance on the situation, within a week. They have police contacts regarding this specific incident, so it's a waiting game for the moment. It'd be nice to have my money back. I know my health is important, i'm fine, but it'd be the icing on the cake if i had the money put back in. But banks are banks, and banks can also be real *******s!
    I, too, was 'mugged' yesterday: to the tune of precisely £279.99. Then, inexplicably, within the week, a brand-new Xbox 360 materialised on my doorstep (in a large, brown box marked 'Argos').

True story. So, Mr. Barclay: how's about me getting my money back?

Sarcasm aside: you're relying entirely upon their goodwill as regards having your finances re-instated. If evidence of the incident is sufficiently compelling, the judicial system will see you duly compensated; if not, it won't. Either way, this is not your bank's concern. (I mean, can you imagine the sort of precedent that would set?)

ReputationRep:
    Good God man, I'm terribly sorry to hear this. I never ever walk home at night if I've had more than a few pints, and when I do walk at night, I keep to places where it would be hard for bandits to conceal themselves. My rule of thumb is to not let anybody get within a dozen metres of my person. If I see people approaching I go by another way or retreat. I have recently given serious thought to having a blade fashioned such that it can be concealed in my umbrella...

ReputationRep:
    *Contemplates the beginning of a TSR Vigilante Justice society*

Sorry to hear about that man. Best you can do is hope to get your money back, and realise they'll probably end up serving you a Big Mac in a couple of years time.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.