Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Taekwon-do sounds alrighty Two girls who were in my block do it and love it

-x-

ReputationRep:
    Awesome

Does anybody else want to join Libby and me in Taekwon-do?

ReputationRep:
    I can tentatively say yes, but I won't know until I get there whether it conflicts with something I want to do more. Baa!

ReputationRep:
    :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    I gotta get fitter as well this year..(but that's what I said last year)...and it didn't quite go according to plan...

ReputationRep:
    Well I have to make sure other stuff isn't on at the same time. I'm having trouble with the big list anyhow, i've been put off some societies because they're all ZOMG ALCOHOL and it's a shame cause it's put me off participating in some fun sounding stuff

ReputationRep:
    I'd quite like to join a couple of societies, but I’m doing engineering, fancy joining the gym as well, plus all the usual going out in evenings...is there time for all this?!

As much as I love the sound of me course I do wish it had less hours sometimes!

ReputationRep:
    Ah, but this is where we come in handy, because you can just agree with us and come to Taekwon-do, rather than having to attempt to choose which clubs/socs to join!

ReputationRep:
    Why don't we have a TSR social at one of the 'taster nights' they do for Taekwon-do... lol!!

What i'm liking about Taekwon-do is that there are only a few training sessions you have to go to, others are up to you (well that's the impression i've got!), and it's only 1 or 2 hours

-x-

ReputationRep:
    From looking at Lufbra.net, it seems that they have one night per week which is for real training (different times for beginners and advanced), and the rest seem to be open sessions so you can drop by if you want some practice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baby_emmy)
    Why don't we have a TSR social at one of the 'taster nights' they do for Taekwon-do... lol!!
    I'm tempted.....but I dunno.....after getting to blue tag I got a bit bored of it, but I might come along

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [email protected])
    I'm tempted.....but I dunno.....after getting to blue tag I got a bit bored of it, but I might come along
    What other colours can you get?

ReputationRep:
    Lol a few, it goes white, yellow tag (on white belt), yellow belt, green tag (on yellow), green belt, blue tag, blue belt, red tag, red belt, black tag, black belt then black up to 9th dan

I'm surprised I still remember all that :p:

ReputationRep:
    I got up to yellow! Woo! My brother got to brown (talking about Karate) but couldn't be bothered to do black randomly!

-x-

ReputationRep:
    Sounds good to me. My ex is in the England team so I've seen quite a lot of it. I might come along to a taster and see. TSR TKD wooo :P

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 9, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.