2016 dentistry applicants [part 2]

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MedicineMaybe)
    wow that is amazing, which dental school did you get into?

Im going to apply for Liverpool or Manchester but will have to get in through an access course as I dont have A-levels and just GCSEs.
    What GCSEs do you have? Liverpool do a foundation year which only needs minimum of 5 b grade GCSEs including core subjects which you might be able to do. If you pass the foundation year you are guaranteed a place for dentistry. They won't consider you if you are already doing an access course or a levels though and you have to have been out in of education a while. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amberooney)
    What GCSEs do you have? Liverpool do a foundation year which only needs minimum of 5 b grade GCSEs including core subjects which you might be able to do. If you pass the foundation year you are guaranteed a place for dentistry. They won't consider you if you are already doing an access course or a levels though and you have to have been out in of education a while. Good luck.
    Hi, yes thats the course I'm looking into. I have 4 GCSE's at the mo RE A*, English & Science B, History C. I am now doing Maths, Additional Science & Business Studies. I am just worried about the C but hoping if I get the other Bs in my GCSEs.

I am not doing A-levels but just planning on getting on the access course with my GCSEs and work experience at a dentist and currently working at NHS as a PA. What do you think about my chances & can I apply if I still have not got my all 5 Bs yet ?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, yes thats the course I'm looking into. I have 4 GCSE's at the mo RE A*, English & Science B, History C. I am now doing Maths, Additional Science & Business Studies. I am just worried about the C but hoping if I get the other Bs in my GCSEs.

I am not doing A-levels but just planning on getting on the access course with my GCSEs and work experience at a dentist and currently working at NHS as a PA. What do you think about my chances & can I apply if I still have not got my all 5 Bs yet ?
    I would email the admissions people at Liverpool. They will be able to advise you. I think you might need to have your grades already but I'm not sure. Good luck with your applications.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks i will do that tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ranz)
    hi what uni was that?
    Sheffield uni! and they weren't my firm or insurance and I had been rejected pre interview by them before hand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agent R5)
    Has to be Plymouth as only they do result day/day after interviews I think
    I reckon Sheffield messed up this year with giving out places or something because I interviewed there the day after results day and there were over 20 people interviewing too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agent R5)
    Hi I was wondering if you could tell me where you applied on your re-application?
    Also what were your GCSE's and UKCAT score if you don't mind me asking and who did u firm?

p.s. COngratz on getting a place for Dentistry!
    I applied to Kings Manchester Leeds and Sheffield. Got two pre interview rejections from Manchester and Sheffield. Got interviews for Kings and Leeds, and got a conditional offer from Leeds. My UKCAT was ****- 640. And my GCSEs were 4 A*s and the rest As so nothing out of the ordinary. Thank you- feel lucky and undeserving hAha.

ReputationRep:
    wow that is amazing, which dental school did you get into?

Im going to apply for Liverpool or Manchester but will have to get in through an access course as I dont have A-levels and just GCSEs.
    Sheffield dental school :-) good luck

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

I am applying for dentistry this year and I was wondering what insurance/back up choices people are putting on their UCAS form.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone I wanted some advice on what unis to apply to
    Gcse:6A*s 4A's 1B
    AS results:AAAA
    A2 predictions: A*AAA
    UKCAT: 650 Band 3
    I am think of applying to Cardiff, Plymouth, maybe Bhum and Bristol. Sadly my mum really wants me to apply to Barts cuz she wants me to stay in London. Do think I have any chance of getting in???

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Students,

Keep an eye on the calendar! Don't leave things last minute!

See the UCAS link for application key dates:

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergradu...rack/key-dates

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eudneideodjo)
    I reckon Sheffield messed up this year with giving out places or something because I interviewed there the day after results day and there were over 20 people interviewing too
    Hi there. Congrats for getting into dentistry. Its really weird as I heard that Sheff accepts people with ABB too. One question, for the interview at Sheff there was that patient communication station. What did you have to do i.e. do you apologise to the patient as hers/his dentist was late and they had to pick their kids up? Last year I messed the interview and this year I need to resit y13!! I don't think the scenario changed when people got interviewed in feb and also after results day.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 13, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Wake up and smell the...
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.