Turn on thread page Beta

Bra rant... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shady lane)
    I used to be a 36DD. I've lost about 35 pounds, and now I'm a lovely 34C and thrilled about it. Almost everyone reduces a bra size from losing weight. Of course, no offense to the ladies posting here, but hardly anyone of a small/average size will have breasts in the range of F or G. Weight loss is actually recommended as the first course for most women who seek breast reductions by doctors.

Obviously genetics matter; even though I've lost weight, my breasts are pretty much the same proportion to my size. But yeah, you can change your bra size with diet and exercise for sure.
    That is absolutely ridiculous. And the person you were talking to is a 32 back hardly fat!!!

And, I'm a 34F and even when I've been at my smallest (8/10) I was still an F cup. So, no just losing weight doesn't work. What a ridiculous thing to say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ..Inphinite..)
    Don't wear one...
    Obviously a male would say that, I challenge him to have 34DD sized breasts and not wear a bra. Not only does it look ridiculous but it HURTS, it hurts not to wear a bra but it also feels uncomfortable wearing one. I just hate my boobs all together. I pity women who say they want bigger boobs, sure if its to a size C but anything bigger then that it just stupid. ARAGH CURSE the women in my family being busty! Anyone want mine? And don't say I'm lucky to have them because I'm not.

ReputationRep:
    ps I just read the above comment and I totally agree with you, I've but on weight but I'm still the same size as was before I put it on. So I think its totally stupid to say that big woman have bigger boobs and need to diet to loose em because small women can have big boobs too! (which in my experience is very annoying, maybe that was why I was so clumsy....)

ReputationRep:
    If you really think that most women with a 34F bra size are of a healthy size, then you're in denial or naive. Just because someone is wearing a 34 doesn't mean she isn't really a 38; isn't it something like 60% of women are wearing the wrong bra size?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thud)
    oh dear god sweet jesus and mary....you paid £209 for FIVE BRAS?!?!?!?!?!?! #zomg#

are you a mentally-retarded lobotomy patient on ketamine?
    :laugh:

On my days off, lounging about the flat I wear pyjamas and no bra. I used to buy all my bras from Primark but have come to realise that they are a crap fit whatever size you buy. I might try La Senza or Anne Summers from now on. Go for the up-market-tart approach

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hang_your_heart)
    I walk into the one place where I know I'll find a bra that fits... Bravissimo. After many hours of agony I manage to find five pretty (well as pretty as they're ever going to be with that much fabric) bra sets and I take them to the checkout lady. Ay, there's the rub! "Two hundred and nine pounds please" she says with a smile. Two hundred and nine pounds! My bank is officially broken. From now on I'll be sticking with worn out bras and spending money on clothes instead.... if I ever recover financially that is.
    :eek4: £290 for 5 bras??!! i get mine from H&M (im not too keen on the ones from Topshop) for £10 but then i am a A cup :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Why should people have to lose weight to fit into decent underwear which is decently priced? When I was at my lowest weight, I was still in a 38E, and I was of an average build.

ReputationRep:
    Unless you are six feet tall, a 38 band size is not an average build. I myself am 5'10" with a healthy BMI and mine is a 34.

I'm not trying to be obnoxious, but I literally do not know a single person whose cup size didn't decrease with significant weight loss. I don't have any friends who have over a DD who have flat stomachs and are a healthy size. There are all at the very least a bit chubby. And I have two friends who got breast reductions, both of their doctors made them lose weight before the surgery to determine how much actually needed to be removed.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for thinking I'm average when I'm a fatty then, jeez.

ReputationRep:
    I used to be a 36DD. I've lost about 35 pounds, and now I'm a lovely 34C and thrilled about it. Almost everyone reduces a bra size from losing weight. Of course, no offense to the ladies posting here, but hardly anyone of a small/average size will have breasts in the range of F or G. Weight loss is actually recommended as the first course for most women who seek breast reductions by doctors.
    Maybe for a lot of people, but not everyone. I'm 5'4, size 8/10 (10 is because of my boobs most of the time!) 7 and a half stone and have a 30 back. But I'm a DD. That's just genetics, not me being fat. I very much doubt that losing weight is going to make me lose boob... welll not until I've lost so much I look unhealthy. If people are less than a 34 it's pretty unlikely that their big boob size is fat.

ReputationRep:
    Unless you are six feet tall, a 38 band size is not an average build. I myself am 5'10" with a healthy BMI and mine is a 34.
    In general I'd agree, but there are always exceptions eg. very muscly athletic people. But big boobs themselves aren't a sign of being overweight. A lot of people with big boobs are fat, yes, but a lot aren't!

ReputationRep:
    Well I am a DD and a size 8/10. I'm also at a perfectly healthy weight and have been losing any bits of flab I have but nothing at all has come off my boobs. So I disagree strongly with the notion people should have to lose weight to make their boobs smaller. Sometimes it just doesn't work that way. Like I said before, it genetics for most people.

ReputationRep:
    If you really think that most women with a 34F bra size are of a healthy size, then you're in denial or naive. Just because someone is wearing a 34 doesn't mean she isn't really a 38; isn't it something like 60% of women are wearing the wrong bra size?
    I am definitely a 34 and have been measured a lot of times and have never been bigger than a 34. I'm not as thin as I would like to be. But, I wouldn't say I'm not a healthy size. I'm a 10/12. 5ft 10. I have a 26 inch waist. Is that fat now? As I said when I was an 8/10 I was still a 34F. Weight just doesn't come off my boobs.

To say that anyone who is an F cup is fat really is just ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    I said most.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.dukehealth.org/Services/A...reastReduction

Are there any feasible alternatives to a breast reduction that achieve the same results?

There are no other surgical procedures that will produce the same dramatic results of a breast reduction. But, patients can always attempt a general weight loss program before deciding upon a breast reduction. For some women, especially those who are overweight, simply shedding some pounds may give them the reduced breast size they desire. Typically, a half or at most a full cup size can be lost with significant changes in diet and exercise.

ReputationRep:
    For some women, especially those who are overweight
    Not most women.

ReputationRep:
    One of the skinniest people I know is a G cup. It's quite insane. I was trying to find a fencing chest protector for her (goes by bra size) and it was absolute murder. She doesn't look like a G cup - I'd have guessed something like 34B tbh - she really does look so tiny. Any weight loss for her would probably be unhealthy.

Anyway I understand the point. I'm a D cup, but I think I really should be looking at DD, but don't want to have to greatly reduce my choice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    Anyway I understand the point. I'm a D cup, but I think I really should be looking at DD, but don't want to have to greatly reduce my choice
    I feel your pain. Going up that one size just makes life a whole lot harder:mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    I'm a D cup, but I think I really should be looking at DD, but don't want to have to greatly reduce my choice
    I was in denial for literally a year because I couldn't bear to get all new bras and not be able to order from loads of places but it is worth it. Despite me now being an utter pauper, I think a well-fitting bra makes a real difference to how all your clothes look.

ReputationRep:

I'm not trying to be obnoxious, but I literally do not know a single person whose cup size didn't decrease with significant weight loss. I don't have any friends who have over a DD who have flat stomachs and are a healthy size. There are all at the very least a bit chubby. And I have two friends who got breast reductions, both of their doctors made them lose weight before the surgery to determine how much actually needed to be removed.
    I'm sorry, but I don't think you actually know what you're talking about - especially since you cannot generalise when it comes to women & their breasts (everyone stores fat in different places of their body)

I'm not trying to be obnoxious, but I literally do not know a single person whose cup size didn't decrease with significant weight loss.
    Albeit, not significant weight loss (anymore would make me unhealthy) but I went from a size 10-12 to a size 8-10 & all that happened with my boobs is that my band size went down, making my cup size GO UP - I didn't lose any fat from my boobs (unfortunately), just other parts of my body

I don't have any friends who have over a DD who have flat stomachs and are a healthy size. There are all at the very least a bit chubby.
    I'm not saying I have the perfect body, but I have a BMI of about 19 & wear size 8-10 & have boobs sized 32E/F.

Sorry to have a rant, but I actually find it frustrating that I'm not losing weight from my chest area even after losing weight overall grrr....

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.