Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Tabstercat)
    of one episode? that's pathetic, where is your attention span? watch the whole series right now. It's so far from boring.
    To be honest I wanted to watch more but my brother was controlling the TV and he found it boring so took it off and I cbb to watch it anymore and on my own so I just say it's boring 😂
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by AndrewSCO)
    Stranger Things was excellent but wouldn't say the best. They never actually explain why anything in it happened.

But after failing to find a new series for ages it was very good. Now I'm stuck again
    What didn't they explain, they showed how everything got there, and that teacher explained all the stuff about upside down world
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Deyesy)
    If I'd of done that with Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones - I had to persevere through the whole first season of the former, I'd of never have watched the single two best tv shows around
    try Gotham I liked that
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Stranger Things was excellent but wouldn't say the best. They never actually explain why anything in it happened.

But after failing to find a new series for ages it was very good. Now I'm stuck again
    Try gotham

(Original post by AdeptDz)
    To be honest I wanted to watch more but my brother was controlling the TV and he found it boring so took it off and I cbb to watch it anymore and on my own so I just say it's boring 😂
    then maybe you should just say you haven't watched it instead of calling it boring
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    try Gotham I liked that
    Gonna jump on the Stranger Things hype tomorrow/Saturday! Been revising for resits so not had the time to binge watch any more TV shows after getting through the whole of GoT

ReputationRep:
    Greys Anatomy, Suits, Prison Break

Also heard great things about Stranger Things so I'm going to try it soon...

ReputationRep:
    then maybe you should just say you haven't watched it instead of calling it boring
    Okay chill lol
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Deyesy)
    Gonna jump on the Stranger Things hype tomorrow/Saturday! Been revising for resits so not had the time to binge watch any more TV shows after getting through the whole of GoT
    Cool, you will enjoy it
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    What didn't they explain, they showed how everything got there, and that teacher explained all the stuff about upside down world
    How Eleven has her powers, where the Demogorgan came from/why it's there, how the gate to the upside down occured/why it's there/why then, why Will was being kept alive and others just killed, what were that corporation actually doing? What was the grand plan? If Eleven was 11, who were the others? Maybe they briefly explained a couple of those things but not adequately imo

Try gotham
    I watched it a while ago, didn't like it much. Not same level as Flash or Daredevil.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Yeh I know it, I cbb to watch it anymore
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    How Eleven has her powers, where the Demogorgan came from/why it's there, how the gate to the upside down occured/why it's there/why then, why Will was being kept alive and others just killed, what were that corporation actually doing? What was the grand plan? If Eleven was 11, who were the others? Maybe they briefly explained a couple of those things but not adequately imo

I watched it a while ago, didn't like it much. Not same level as Flash or Daredevil.
    It did say how eleven had her powers when the chief went to visit her mum but I forgot what she said, but her mum done something

The demorgogsn was just a monster in the upside down world I guess

Eleven opened the gate, there was a scene showing the gate open

The monster ate the others, will hid I guess in his play house

The corporation were trying to use eleven as a weapon but then She opened the gate and they started exploring the gate

It explained most things but I admit It could've been explained better
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

Cool
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    It did say how eleven had her powers when the chief went to visit her mum but I forgot what she said, but her mum done something

The demorgogsn was just a monster in the upside down world I guess

Eleven opened the gate, there was a scene showing the gate open

The monster ate the others, will hid I guess in his play house

The corporation were trying to use eleven as a weapon but then She opened the gate and they started exploring the gate

It explained most things but I admit It could've been explained better
    Just didn't seem to have much... purpose? Don't know if that's the word I'm looking for. But I still really enjoyed the show.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by wickedisgood)
    What is stranger things actually about? I've been hearing lots of people saying it's good but have never heard anything about what it actually is
    Mix between X files and ET.
    Sci fi, supernatural nostalgic thriller.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Jessica Jones, House of Crads and Narcos were better.
    Loved the nostalgia in Stranger things, quite slow at the start, but v good.

ReputationRep:
    Rupaul's Drag Race
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Arrested Development

ReputationRep:
    Orphan Black is brilliant! I also love Hinterland, iZombie and Jessica Jones

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wickedisgood)
    What is stranger things actually about? I've been hearing lots of people saying it's good but have never heard anything about what it actually is

It's about the government kidnapping children to experiment on using aliens,
    It was freaking awesome

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 29, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.