The Student Room Group

Best Netflix series ever

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Tabstercat
of one episode? that's pathetic, where is your attention span? watch the whole series right now. It's so far from boring.

To be honest I wanted to watch more but my brother was controlling the TV and he found it boring so took it off and I cbb to watch it anymore and on my own so I just say it's boring 😂
Reply 41
Original post by AndrewSCO
Stranger Things was excellent but wouldn't say the best. They never actually explain why anything in it happened.

But after failing to find a new series for ages it was very good. Now I'm stuck again :frown:

What didn't they explain, they showed how everything got there, and that teacher explained all the stuff about upside down world
Reply 42
Original post by Deyesy
If I'd of done that with Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones - I had to persevere through the whole first season of the former, I'd of never have watched the single two best tv shows around :tongue:

try Gotham I liked that
Reply 43
Stranger Things was excellent but wouldn't say the best. They never actually explain why anything in it happened.

But after failing to find a new series for ages it was very good. Now I'm stuck again :frown:

Try gotham
Original post by AdeptDz
To be honest I wanted to watch more but my brother was controlling the TV and he found it boring so took it off and I cbb to watch it anymore and on my own so I just say it's boring 😂

then maybe you should just say you haven't watched it instead of calling it boring
Reply 45
Original post by AdeptDz
try Gotham I liked that

Gonna jump on the Stranger Things hype tomorrow/Saturday! Been revising for resits so not had the time to binge watch any more TV shows after getting through the whole of GoT :redface:
Greys Anatomy, Suits, Prison Break

Also heard great things about Stranger Things so I'm going to try it soon... :biggrin:
then maybe you should just say you haven't watched it instead of calling it boring

Okay chill lol
Reply 48
Original post by Deyesy
Gonna jump on the Stranger Things hype tomorrow/Saturday! Been revising for resits so not had the time to binge watch any more TV shows after getting through the whole of GoT :redface:

Cool, you will enjoy it
Original post by AdeptDz
What didn't they explain, they showed how everything got there, and that teacher explained all the stuff about upside down world

How Eleven has her powers, where the Demogorgan came from/why it's there, how the gate to the upside down occured/why it's there/why then, why Will was being kept alive and others just killed, what were that corporation actually doing? What was the grand plan? If Eleven was 11, who were the others? Maybe they briefly explained a couple of those things but not adequately imo

Original post by AdeptDz
Try gotham

I watched it a while ago, didn't like it much. Not same level as Flash or Daredevil.
Reply 50

Yeh I know it, I cbb to watch it anymore
Reply 51
How Eleven has her powers, where the Demogorgan came from/why it's there, how the gate to the upside down occured/why it's there/why then, why Will was being kept alive and others just killed, what were that corporation actually doing? What was the grand plan? If Eleven was 11, who were the others? Maybe they briefly explained a couple of those things but not adequately imo

I watched it a while ago, didn't like it much. Not same level as Flash or Daredevil.

It did say how eleven had her powers when the chief went to visit her mum but I forgot what she said, but her mum done something

The demorgogsn was just a monster in the upside down world I guess

Eleven opened the gate, there was a scene showing the gate open

The monster ate the others, will hid I guess in his play house

The corporation were trying to use eleven as a weapon but then She opened the gate and they started exploring the gate

It explained most things but I admit It could've been explained better
Reply 52

Cool
Original post by AdeptDz
It did say how eleven had her powers when the chief went to visit her mum but I forgot what she said, but her mum done something

The demorgogsn was just a monster in the upside down world I guess

Eleven opened the gate, there was a scene showing the gate open

The monster ate the others, will hid I guess in his play house

The corporation were trying to use eleven as a weapon but then She opened the gate and they started exploring the gate

It explained most things but I admit It could've been explained better

Just didn't seem to have much... purpose? Don't know if that's the word I'm looking for. But I still really enjoyed the show.
Original post by wickedisgood
What is stranger things actually about? I've been hearing lots of people saying it's good but have never heard anything about what it actually is

Mix between X files and ET.
Sci fi, supernatural nostalgic thriller.
Jessica Jones, House of Crads and Narcos were better.
Loved the nostalgia in Stranger things, quite slow at the start, but v good.
Rupaul's Drag Race
Arrested Development
Orphan Black is brilliant! I also love Hinterland, iZombie and Jessica Jones :smile:
Original post by wickedisgood
What is stranger things actually about? I've been hearing lots of people saying it's good but have never heard anything about what it actually is

It's about the government kidnapping children to experiment on using aliens,
It was freaking awesome

Quick Reply

Latest