Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Out of an abusive relationship - Am I crazy for feeling this way for my ex-boyfriend? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying so hard to make myself feel better - distracting myself by doing other stuff that I enjoy doing, spending time with friends and family, but I just feel so emotionally drained.

u should just delete him out ur life.

ReputationRep:
    He emailed me today, and that's the email:

I am soo very sorry for what I said 😞 i really hate myself for it! I am going to get help with controlling my anger. It shocks me to see what kind of person I can be. I had such an awful day, and I very wrongly took out my anger on you. I most certainly should not have, you didn't deserve any of that. I only need to say my peace.I will not be in contact, I promise.

When I told my friends about it, they said that it sounds more like he had an awful five months instead lol
    So ironic how he called me insane when I suggested that he needed help for anger management when we're still together... sigh.
    I find it really sad how he could just say stuff and apologise - like he has done for so many times.
    I really hope he means it when he said he wont be in contact.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s081013)
    He emailed me today, and that's the email:

I am soo very sorry for what I said 😞 i really hate myself for it! I am going to get help with controlling my anger. It shocks me to see what kind of person I can be. I had such an awful day, and I very wrongly took out my anger on you. I most certainly should not have, you didn't deserve any of that. I only need to say my peace.I will not be in contact, I promise.

When I told my friends about it, they said that it sounds more like he had an awful five months instead lol
    So ironic how he called me insane when I suggested that he needed help for anger management when we're still together... sigh.
    I find it really sad how he could just say stuff and apologise - like he has done for so many times.
    I really hope he means it when he said he wont be in contact.
    Ignore that *****

ReputationRep:
    He keeps on texting my brother to ask me to talk to him and i told him to stop, so that we can both move on.

He said this

Saves me a whole bunch of heartache

P.s he knows that i kept it with a friend
    Attachments Pending Approval
  1. File Type: png 20160828_210912.png (489.5 KB)

ReputationRep:
    There's this quote from the Perks of being a wallflower that goes- we accept the love we think we deserve.

And OP you really do deserve more. You shouldn't have to settle for this and I'm sorry you've had to go through this. You may love him but being is love is not supposed to hurt you. I never realized how low my self esteem and self value were until I met the guy I call voldermort. I let him break me and I settled with his behavior until I finally saw things for the first time. The tipping point was just after my uncle died. He was the first person I told.All I wanted from him was to comfort me but he posted back a question asking why was I spamming him again? When I spoke to him in real life he said "maybe i was testing you".

Real men don't play mind games and don't deliberately set out to hurt you. The reason I thought he was so special was because he was nice to me, but that should be a given. Something that isn't negotiable. I was bullied at school and that still affects me today.I didn't think I could get any better. I would really suggest that you work on rebuilding your self esteem because you deserve to be happy and you will find someone who truly cares for you. Let him be your never again. You will go through days were you will miss him, but you will get through them. It's been 2 months since I last spoke to Voldermort but he's been in my head all day. It sounds silly but I still debated if I should buy him a birthday present or ignore his birthday completely. You need time to heal and I would seriously suggest seeking therapy.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 28, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.