Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Alter-ego)
    I've dated this guy for a couple months now, I'm 23 and he's 26. It came up in conversation yesterday that when he was 18 he dated a 14 year old for a few weeks. Apparently nothing sexual happened but he would've seen her breasts etc.

To be honest I feel a little uncomfortable with this. I know it was 8 years ago but the fact that he would've been attracted to a 14 y/o doesn't sit well with me.

Am I being unnecessarily harsh or would you feel the same? Not really sure what to think...
    In fairness, a lot of 14 year olds look older than they are, quite a few I've met look like 17 and 18 year olds, even when standing next to another girl that's 18ish. I wouldn't worry - lads change a lot over a year, so he's probably a completely different person to the 18 year old he was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamza772000)
    Haha no! :innocent:
    Lies!
    How would you know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessBO$$)
    Lies!
    How would you know?

ReputationRep:
    virginty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessBO$$)
    How can one date a 14yr old like what does a 14yr old have?
    Lots of things! When I was 14 I already had boobs.

I'm a guy though so...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athematica)
    Lots of things! When I was 14 I already had boobs.

I'm a guy though so...
    I believe the scientific term is "moobs".

ReputationRep:
    14 year olds are hot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sorani)
    I believe the scientific term is "moobs".
    they were also back-boobs so I call them mboobs with a silent m

ReputationRep:
    I remember this girl in my year (15) dated someone in uni who was 21.To this day, it's still very weird and esp going out with a minor lol

:eek:
    What was he thinking then?lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    18 = can vote

14 = cannot own a goldfish

14 year olds can't own a goldfish?

ReputationRep:
    "In fairness" if you know she's not legal, doesn't matter what she looks like. That excuse of not being able to tell the difference between an adult woman and a child only works if you don't actually know their age 🙄

If it were me, the relationship would be over.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 12, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.