Turn on thread page Beta

Favourite Harry Potter quote watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I absolutely love Ron, some of his quotes are legendary. Some of my favourites are:

"Sunshine, daisies, butter mellow,
    Turn this stupid, fat rat yellow." <----This has stayed in my head from the very first book it still makes me giggle!

"I tell you, that dragon is the most horrible creature I've ever met, but the way Hagrid goes about it you'd think it was a fluffy little bunny rabbit. When it bit me, he told me off for frightening it. And when I left he was singing it a lullaby."

"Can I have a look at Uranus, too, Lavender?"

Hehe this site has some amazing quotes http://www.mugglenet.com/books/quotes/index.shtml reading some of them again has given me a good giggle

ReputationRep:
    ANYTHING RON SAYS! Me and my friend have been quoting Ron all year with stuff all year like "Bloody hell Harry," and you know in the first film when Harry gets his invisivbility quote the way Ron goes "WHOA!" and I'm not sure if he says these in the actual books but in the Goblet of Fire film he goes "P*ss off" (just the way he says it) and "RUDDY PUMPKIN HEAD!!!" about Krum. Yeah most of mine I like because of the films...just the way Rupert Grint acts them. (sorry I got a bit over excited there :P)

Also from the first film there,
    "Hagrid how am I to pay, I haven't any money..." (again the way Daniel Radders acts it makes me laugh)
    and Hermiones "NEARLY headless? How can you be NEEEEEEEEEEARLY headless?"

and of course theres the old
    "I'm going to bed before either of you come up with anotehr clever plan to get us killed...or worse EXPELLED."
    Ron: "she neeeeeeeds to sort out her priorities."

and when Dumbledore goes "Alas! Earwax."

theres also one in the first book hen Ron goes "My mums got a cousin whose an accountant...we don't talk about him."

Yeah sorry most of mine I remember from the films-I do read the books and love them...but I've recently rewatched a couple of the films and they make me laugh...because of the way the actors act them.

ReputationRep:
    the very last line of the goblet of fire something said by hagrid can anyone rember ive forgotten

ReputationRep:
    "It's levioosa, not leviosaaa."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robin_Hood90)
    the very last line of the goblet of fire something said by hagrid can anyone rember ive forgotten
    What'll come'll come and we'll meet it when it does. How sad is it that I don't hve to look that up?!

ReputationRep:
    Lol, not sad at all!!
    Dumbledore's meaningful ones really got the tears running for me. When Harry was banging around his office and breaking everything...and then "a tear rolled down his cheek" (Dumbledore's) from OoTP.
    Just Dumbledore's wise words!! I'm going to miss them in this book!!

ReputationRep:
    'she needs to sort out her priorities' Ron to harry, about hermi.

ReputationRep:
    Mine

why are you worried about You-Know-Who? You SHOULD be worrying about U-NO-POO - The Constipation Sensation that's Gripping the Nation

or summat like that

xx

ReputationRep:
    Luna about the DA- " I enjoyed the meetings, it was like having friends"

ReputationRep:
    Harry to Snape:

"There's no need to call me Sir, Professor."

xx

ReputationRep:
    DH minor spoiler.

Spoiler:
    Show
    "Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"

ReputationRep:
    "I've got two Neptunes here," said Harry after a while, frowning down on his parchment, "that can't be right, can it?"
    "Aaaah," said Ron, imitating Professor Trelawney's mysical whisper, "when two Neptunes appear in the sky, it is a sure sign that a midget in glasses is being born, Harry..."

Speaking quietly so that no one else would hear, Harry told the other two about Snape's sudden, sinister desire to be a Quidditch referee.
    "Don't play," said Hermione at once.
    "Say you're ill," said Ron.
    "Pretend to break your leg," Hermione suggested.
    "Really break your leg," said Ron.

"I want to fix that in my memory forever. Draco Malfoy, the amazing bouncing ferret..."

Ahhh you have got to love Ron!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxBubbleTMxx)
    Harry to Snape:

"There's no need to call me Sir, Professor."

xx

yea, that one too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hang_your_heart)
    DH minor spoiler.

Spoiler:
    Show
    "Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
    Damn you I was going to post that. It's not exactly a quote as it is three sentences given by a patronus How about:

Spoiler:
    Show
    The ministry has fallen. Scrimgeour is dead. They are coming.

That gave me chills as I knew the book was about to explode from there.

Spoiler:
    Show
    "You show spirit and bravery, and you come of noble stock. You will make a very valuable Death eater. We need your kind Neville Longbottom."

"I'll join you when hell freezes over," said Neville, "Dumbledore's army!"

Spoiler:
    Show
    "Fight! Fight! Fight for my Master, defender of house-elves. Fight the Dark Lord in the name of Brave Regulus! Fight!"

ReputationRep:
    I think the quote we all love is:

Spoiler:
    Show

Mrs Weasley and Bellatrix Lestrange!

'NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU *****!'

Greatest quote. Period.

ReputationRep:
    Deathly hallows...poss spolier?

"you are nearly there" said james "very close. we are...so proud of you."

Harry looked at his mother. "stay close to me" he said quietly

SO SAD!

ReputationRep:
    I'll spoiler this, just in case:

Spoiler:
    Show
    DH Epilogue: something along the lines of "and one of the headmasters was in Slytherin, he's one of the bravest men I know". I don't know the exact quote, but it made me soooo sad!!

ReputationRep:
    "What do you think you're doing Potter?"
    "Just deciding which hex to use on Malfoy, sir." Or something like that.
    The spoiler tags denote quotes from the final book, so please don't read if you've not finished.
    And also
    Spoiler:
    Show

"You've been so brave." and: "we're ever ..... so proud of you." and of course, dumby: "you brave boy. you wonderful, wonderful man." Still chokes me up now.
    Of course, the twins' reaction to George losing his ear, but that got me, when I read it second time around, after I read the book, and George tells his mum at least she'll be able to distinguish between them.

ReputationRep:
    Kreacher changing and bringing them french onion soup! <3

ReputationRep:
    Kreacher's words at the battle - so touching! I cried at most of the points everyone else mentioned up there. And Mrs Weasley .... whoop whoop!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2007
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.