Turn on thread page Beta

I have Harry potter and the deathly hallows, (proof) watch

ReputationRep:
    Don't really see the point in boasting about having the book early, it doesn't make you any better than any of us, it doesn't put you above people because you think you have something so spectacular.
    Infact boasting about it just makes me think its even more of a lie.
    But oh well, worlds full of people like that. It annoys me how people try and spoil it for others, sometimes waiting is the exciting bit

ReputationRep:
    Some people do get the book earlier. People who write the reviews, and all that.
    One of them let his daughter read it before it came out.. why can't my dad have that job?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/156...17/index.jhtml

"No copies to press reviewers before the day of this release". Until the leak apparently the number of people who knew the ending was under 10 - the security cost £10,000,000.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thePhantom)
    if I could get a physical copy early, I definetly would. I'd probably pay up to £50 (a few times the RRP) for one today. Not because I'm loaded, not because I'm stupid, and not because 'I want it early for the sake of getting it early' - but because I just want to read the book now ...

If the leaked online version was better quality - I'd be reading it now ...
    I would have said that about a month ago, but with it only three days away, I'll wait.

After all, I've been waiting for an answer for 10 years. I can wait a little bit longer :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thePhantom)
    if I could get a physical copy early, I definetly would. I'd probably pay up to £50 (a few times the RRP) for one today. Not because I'm loaded, not because I'm stupid, and not because 'I want it early for the sake of getting it early' - but because I just want to read the book now ...

If the leaked online version was better quality - I'd be reading it now ...
    I'm not sure if I would. I quite like the idea of reading it at the same time as everyone and being able to discuss it.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, imagine reading it early and not being able to talk about it to anybody.

Anyway, unless you know Stephen Fry, Jim Dale, Mary GrandPre, Emma...something or other or Arthur Levine, you probably don't know anybody who's read the book yet. And if you do manage to get a hold of one of those people...good luck trying to get something out of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent_hill)
    hell yeah i have whats that got to dp with anything AT ALL ?
    If you'd been paying attention to the books, you'd realise there's actually quite a lot of "minor swear words".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quadruple_twist)
    If you'd been paying attention to the books, you'd realise there's actually quite a lot of "minor swear words".
    And other stuff, JK often writes "performed a rude hand gesture*

ReputationRep:
    But the swear words aren't shown are they? Such as Ron calling Malfoy something that made Hermione say 'Ron!' in a shocked voice (PoA?). She generally avoids printing the word/gesture. I seem to recall when the Weasley Twins' fireworks were spelling out 'rude' words (OotP), the only ones mentioned were FART or BUM or something like that and actually reminded me very suddenly that I was reading a kids' book.

There's also a couple of Uranus puns.

ReputationRep:
    Anus isn't a swear word.

I never said it was.

ReputationRep:
    Okey-doke.

ReputationRep:
    lofl waffle troll alert.

I think one time is in Divination and Ron says he'd like to see Uranus (to Lavender). The other is in the Department of Mysteries where Ron picks up the brains and says he can see Uranus (to Harry).

I don't why I bothered giving the examples.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sufiankane)
    lofl waffle troll alert.
    I actually don't know what this 'sentence' means if it is directed at me.

ReputationRep:
    There is an occasional "damn" in the books. But nothing too big I agree.

(Original post by Robin_Hood90)
    actually theres a minor swear word -arse- there i dont no if JK would write that
    There's a "*****" towards the end.

(Oooooooooohhhhhhhhh, SPOILER!)

EDIT: also a "*******". One of each.

ReputationRep:
    hey guys
    i would like to tell all the people that dont believe this guy that the book has indeed been leaked, http://www.nzherald.co.nz/feature/st...ectid=10452558, you can search it on google and download it off torrents. I am talking about the American edition, the british one by Bloomsbury is not leaked!

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.