Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Access to HE (Business) hopefully leading to either Marketing or Economics well that's the plan anyway, Just feel it will be a bit of a shock to the system going from two part time jobs into full time education.

ReputationRep:
    I've just done my access course (starting uni on couple of weeks) and this time last year I was so nervous, but looking back never should have been as it was great.

Left school 10years ago only having done gcse. The course starts of basic and steadily builds on that. Loads of different people and we all got on and made friends quite easily.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mccmonkey)
    Access to HE (Business) hopefully leading to either Marketing or Economics well that's the plan anyway, Just feel it will be a bit of a shock to the system going from two part time jobs into full time education.
    On my Access course about half the class were 17-21, rest were mid-twenties to late-thirties.

Six people had children/families, out of a class of 18.

ReputationRep:
    I was the same last year!

I studied an pre access course (english, maths and sociolgy) and i was out of education for 16 years and it was very daunting for me. But i recieved any extra supported that I needed from the support teachers which helped me alot, especially maths.

Now this year. I am doing access to social work and I am very nearvous and I start my course next Tuesday.

ReputationRep:
    I'm dreading going back to college, Haven't been in education since '95 and worried it will be step too far, Any advice for a 36yo heading into a world of teenagers?
    I was in your position this time last year 😄
    Although college had many teenagers, my course had more 24+ students.
    Canteen at lunch was the most challenging - screaming teenagers!
    On the while, fine. You worried about owt in particular?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Is cheesecake a cake?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.