Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

No Mans Sky: A word of warning before anyone considers buying (PC focused) Watch

ReputationRep:
    The game looks decent enough but if you compare it with pre-release footage it looks nowhere near as good graphically, and it seems to be missing features. I know trailers and such aren't exactly reliable, but there's a stark difference and it's misleading. Pretty much like Ubisoft and all their games.

I'll pick it up when it's cheaper. It was never going to live up to the hype, but it didn't live up to it's own standards either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritSharD)
    The game looks decent enough but if you compare it with pre-release footage it looks nowhere near as good graphically, and it seems to be missing features. I know trailers and such aren't exactly reliable, but there's a stark difference and it's misleading. Pretty much like Ubisoft and all their games.

I'll pick it up when it's cheaper. It was never going to live up to the hype, but it didn't live up to it's own standards either.
    I think its all a facade mate. Looks really dull to me. Like a chess game where all your moves are forced, despite things appearing to be 'free': look for resources and warp to another similar planet ad infinitum.

ReputationRep:

I wouldn't be bothered if it were the usual post-E3 graphical downgrades to keep a steady FPS, but the fact is that Sean actually blatantly lied about it even. Even EA don't outright lie from what I can tell from the state of their games. Mislead, yes. Sean might as well be the lovechild of Peter Molyneux.

(Original post by hellodave5)
    I think its all a facade mate. Looks really dull to me. Like a chess game where all your moves are forced, despite things appearing to be 'free': look for resources and warp to another similar planet ad infinitum.
    I saw a great video of NMS the other day where someone posted a video of Sean saying "well people don't have to collect resources if they don't want to if they find that kind of thing laborious". What a load of crap.

Found it: https://youtu.be/A8P2CZg3sJQ?t=7m4s

ReputationRep:
    PSA from reddit:

Steam is refunding copies of No Mans Sky, even if you have played more than 2 hours because of the barrage of complaints. If you bought the game and are unhappy with it, I suggest you try and get a refund.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fango_Jett)
    PSA from reddit:

Steam is refunding copies of No Mans Sky, even if you have played more than 2 hours because of the barrage of complaints. If you bought the game and are unhappy with it, I suggest you try and get a refund.
    Owch. That's gotta hurt.

Tbf, this is why we need more regulation and such when it comes to the games industry. False advertising is rife and they get away with it 90% of the time.

ReputationRep:
    Owch. That's gotta hurt.

Tbf, this is why we need more regulation and such when it comes to the games industry. False advertising is rife and they get away with it 90% of the time.
    I think Valve's policy of refunding withing 2 hours is pretty fair to be honest. Afaik, the only other time they've done refunds on a big game like this was Arkham Knight, and Warner Bros gave the go ahead for it as well, and it shows how dire the game is right now.

Fun fact: The game has lost ~90% of it's players on PC already, if you look at concurrent players from peak to peak.

ReputationRep:
    Why are you so obsessed? Let alone over a game you apparently haven't even played?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    Why are you so obsessed? Let alone over a game you apparently haven't even played?

(Original post by ozzyoscy)

This is the forum warrior people have been thinking was simply writing an honest review. People can make their own judgements, but mine is that I ended up reading that opening long post, and in combination with the above quote, I have no further reason or will to read any more from this person.
    K. How dare I tell people that they can get a refund for the game.

ReputationRep:
    K. How dare I tell people that they can get a refund for the game.
    That's fine, it's that your nearly only contribution to this forum and indeed sometimes this website has been to spam this thread, and before that the other thread, never mind the general rudeness to others.

How dare I not recall something I said days or weeks ago on an internet forum. It's hard to avoid your posts unfortunately.

I ask that you skip the internet arguer-isms and stick to replying on-topic, so I ask again why you're so obsessed.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.inquisitr.com/3458500/no-...-of-play-time/

Sony and Amazon are handing out refunds as well. The bad news train just doesn't end.

I didn't even know Sony had a refund policy.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't even know Sony had a refund policy.
    This... actually doesn't surprise me...

ReputationRep:
    I wishh
    they'd bring kerbal space program to the ps4. A much better game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott.)
    I wishh
    they'd bring kerbal space program to the ps4. A much better game.
    But a different game.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.