The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

iTalya
You are not a doctor so please do not make sweeping statements like this. There are different degrees of phimosis, the OP will not know the best treatment for them until they go and consult a doctor.

Exactly. People need to stop giving out medical advice. I mean I found out I didn't have a tight frenulum, but it's the fact that the hole in the foreskin is too small, so I may only need an incision to widen the hole without actually losing the whole foreskin...

So OP: Go and see your doc like I did. :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Well, it's a very popular problem amongst males so I doubt that he'd need to see the doctor unless it is seriously causing a problem. Phimosis is harmless, and you shouldn't need to see a doctor unless you have pain.
Reply 43
we need a foreskin sticky
Reply 44
I've got phimosis too, known about it for a while but only got round to seeing an urologist today because my gf made me, it was a problem i was ignoring 'cause I knew the solution was circumcision which I wasn't too keen on. However after finding that it made unprotected sex too uncomfortable I felt it was a problem that should be sorted out sooner rather than later.

I had hoped that the urologist would say that it could be solved with a steriod cream and stretching but alas it looks like i'm going to lose my foreskin;he said the cream wouldn't help in my case and was more likely to make the skin that had lost it's elasticity worse :frown:

I'm not too bothered about the idea of being circumcised now as it will be a lot less hassle with cleaning; I guess i've never really been able to clean under there properly as it's too tight but it hasn't caused a problem so far, well at least my gf hasn't complained! As many others have suggested see your GP and just get it sorted, i hope in your case the cream + stretching will be an adequate solution.
Reply 45
Yeah, it's not painful when I masturbate, although I found that when trying a condom on once I couldn't just slip it on, it kept pulling my foreskin back to the point where it was getting too tight and I was worried I'd tear or something and so I had to fiddle to get the condom on comfortably.
Reply 46
How did you not know that you had to clean it?
You just need to keep pulling it slowly everytime you take your shower. Wash it and keep it clean. May I know how old are you?
Sooner or later it will be better..
Reply 48
I'm 19. I just didn't know when I was younger, it just never seemed obvious to me. I didn't even know the foreskin was meant to be retracted like that when I was a child. I did it once accidentally and thought I'd damaged myself or something.
It's alright. Just slowly slide it down and wash it everyday.
You'll be fine.
Remember. Do it slowly, day by day. Don't pull it in a rush. You'll have to take it slow. Ocassionally, you might hurt yourself and see some scar of blood on the skin. This is normal. Give it some time and it will heal.

Just remember - take it slow, and be patient.

Also, if you will, go and see a doctor. But if you're too afraid and ashamed of it, you can try my method.
There will be some pain, as I would assume there are some stain inside that was being accumulated upto age 19.
These sticky thingy are the ones who preventing your foreskin to be able to slide down. But just do it slowly and you'll recover.
Just go to the doctor. Got to ask, whats the problem with circumcision anyway? I know somebody who got circumcised at 17, it's cleaner and theres no more hassle anymore.
Circumcision at age 12 +/- is alright. The older you're, the more pain it is.
Reply 53
Anonymous
Got to ask, whats the problem with circumcision anyway?

Apart from the fact that I would imagine it would hurt like hell, it is a surgical proceedure and there is therefore a chance (very small but still a chance) of complications. It can also leave a scar on your penis. For these reasons alone, it is surely best to avoid it unless there are no other options? Stretching is very safe if you don't go too hard and won't result in you losing a part of the penis that helps to increase sexual pleasure. It is also free so you have nothing to lose by trying it

If it wasn't for TSR's stupid rule about linking to other forums, I could show you a forum where many people have been told that they needed surgery by their doctors only for the problem to be healed just by stretching
Reply 54
kftjkp
How did you not know that you had to clean it?

I didn't know until I read about it on some forum.
Hey for sure you have phimosis.

If gentle stretching works then go for it. For some guys it works fine, for others it just isn't going to work.

If you have bad phimosis and pull it back to far when you are hard it can cause paraphimosis when the foreskin gets stuck behind your glans forming a dangeous constriction, which becomes a medical emergency, and can even require immediate circumcision.

If it isnt working then get along to the doctor. He will have seen it plenty of times before. he will be able to tell you what the deal is and put you out of your worry.

If it is really too tight then circumcison isnt that bad a deal. Millions of guys have gone before you and still find everything works fine. In my personal experience being circumcised (at age 16) sure beats having a permanently tight foreskin.

Good luck
Anonymous
I have slight phimosis too, but I think it's going off. First I couldn't pull back the foreskin at all. I started pulling it slowly, day by day. Eventually, I could pull it behind the glans while flaccid. And even more so.

However, when erect, and I pull it back behind the glans it's very tight and it hurts a bit too. I can't pull it back any more than behind the glans. It doesn't help when I've got an extremely sensitive glans either.

I'm exactly the same as you!
I was told only 5% of men had this problem, which is obviously bull**** when you look at how many people make threads about it on this forum. :s-smilie: I'd reccomend going to your doctor, which is the obvious option.

About a year ago I found a thread on another forum about a tight foreskin, and got worried because what he described was happening to me: foreskin couldn't fully retract over the head, extremely sensitive glans etc. I could retract the foreskin fine when flaccid but just not when erect. After looking on the Internet and getting worried just from seeing 'circumsicion' I found a website which had information about a frenuloplasty, which is an operation for those with a short frenulm. If I hadn't of found this website I probably wouldn't have went to see the doctor, because the thought of a circumsicion put me off.

On the website were pictures of a short frenulm and many of them were similar to mine, so I thought that is what I had and went to see the doctor. The silly bastard told me nothing was wrong but I told him I wanted to see the urologist for a second opinion, I went in August and by December I had had the operation and after about a month it was perfect. I can retract the foreskin when erect, the glans is not painful to touch and the sensitivity is more pleasurable than painful, like it used to be. The point of this post is say that on this forum whenever anyone posts about a tight foreskin everyone immediately says a circumsicion might be needed, which is what scared the **** out of me until I luckily found the website about a short frenulm. It's difficult to find information about frenuloplasty's it said because not a lot is known about them. :s-smilie:

Look here: <Link Edited Out>
Reply 58
burntgorilla
As long as you can get it back you're fine. For some guys an erection uncovers the whole glans, for others a bit, for others none. It's all normal.

What do people mean by "glans"? Are you saying the skin is meant to uncover all of the penis?
Reply 59
Anonymous
I'm exactly the same as you!

your not alone. It must be like 30% of us guys have this trubble.

Latest

Trending

Trending