whats better, being single or being taken? Watch

Rock Fan
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Zoecb)
Well lucky them. I generally find that being single = being celibate. And it sucks.
That's your opinion some people prefer it differently.
Enchanté
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I prefer being in a relationship really being single is ok for a while then it's just horrible when you have no one.
Zoecb
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Rock Fan)
That's your opinion some people prefer it differently.
It's not my opinion, it's a state of being that I am intermittently forced to endure. believe me, I don't prefer it.
ILikeToHaveFun
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
Being in a relationship is so much better. I love my girlfriend so much.
r0manticide17
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
This was obv gonna be a biased thread, the people in a relationship will clearly be happier that way, and the single folk that way.
I'm single, but to me it doesn't matter, i don't mind either way
AverageGuyOnTheStreet
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I definitely prefer being single.

I've never been in a relationship, never want to be in a relationship, would far rather die a virgin than have sex any time soon.
BlueRoses
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I prefer being single it seems.
Jamesb283
Report 11 years ago
Personally, it depends how I'm feeling... I'm normally a bit of an arrogant arse to be honest, so singleness suites me, I like the freedom at parties, but I guess you can take a gf along... But as soon as relationships hit the rocks, things can start to get ugly, especially if the girls start rebelling against you...

I tend to avoid relationships with friends nowadays, as they normally tend to end up destroying a decent friendship.
sTe\/o
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Being in a relationship is better than being single imo, but only if you're with someone you really like. Any old relationship would not necessarily be better, and in fact I could imagine it being much worse if you feel tied down to someone you don't even like or fancy that much.
dumbdunc
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
sTe\/o
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by dumbdunc)
I can't say I have a preference really...It's pointless anyway as you don't really have all that much control over when the right person will turn up.
I'm just happy whatever's happening at the time...although, when I really like someone and I can't see any chance of anything happening that sucks.
So true!!
Danielle89
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I've always hated the fact I've never really had a proper relationship but recently Im just enjoying the looks and smiles from random guys now it's getting into summer. Hopefully one of them will take the initiative and ask me out or something but since Im starting uni in september, moving away from home, it's really not top of my list of priorities.
SmilerNuts
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Danielle89)
I've always hated the fact I've never really had a proper relationship but recently Im just enjoying the looks and smiles from random guys now it's getting into summer. Hopefully one of them will take the initiative and ask me out or something but since Im starting uni in september, moving away from home, it's really not top of my list of priorities.
And what exactly is stopping you asking them out?
SmilerNuts
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by AverageGuyOnTheStreet)
I definitely prefer being single.

I've never been in a relationship, never want to be in a relationship, would far rather die a virgin than have sex any time soon.
Seriously? Why? Being in a relationship can be the best feeling in the world
Zoecb
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It sounds like AverageGuyOnTheStreet is very very asexual...
SmilerNuts
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Zoecb)
It sounds like AverageGuyOnTheStreet is very very asexual...
Really? what gives you that impression :p:
Is that natural?
Zoecb
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Well dying a virgin used to be my No.1 fear in the world...
fizzycolabottle
Report 11 years ago
It alsod epends on what stage of your life you are at too...
e.g. when you're finishing up school or uni it is often better to be single bc you don't have to worry about whether to continue a relationship or cut it off etc. all of which can be rather stressful.
though i think all things considered it is probably better to be taken.
SmilerNuts
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Zoecb)
Well dying a virgin used to be my No.1 fear in the world...
Really? How come?
I'm sure everyone thinks like that at some point cause you think all your friends are having sex before you, even though you're only 14.
But AverageGuy didn't want to have sex ever, wasn't worried about not getting the chance to, that's the unnatural thing
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm single at the moment. Explains the LONELINESS. But you get positives and negatives from being single and being taken. Of course, you can't beat being in a relationship with the right person.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (17)
94.44%
No (1)
5.56%

Watched Threads