Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What bullying did you suffer at school? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Mostly racial bullying for years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jape)
    Mostly verbal, occasionally physical. It wasn't all bad. I learned that some self-respect goes a long way.

It sounds heartless, but people really will only bully you if you let them. If you provide a target, I mean. Love yourself enough to deny them that.

That's my experience with boys anyway. Girls are probably different.
    This is so true, if you let them bully you(by not standing up to them etc) then they will continue bullying you

ReputationRep:
    People are mostly racist to me in school and i also used to get bullied for my weight and how i looked in general. unfortunately i just didn't fit in.

ReputationRep:
    wow so many people get bullied, who know bullying was a big problem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hashtosh302)
    wow so many people get bullied, who know bullying was a big problem
    It always has been a big problem

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tasha_tah)
    It always has been a big problem

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i guess i just never realized it because it didnt happen to me,
    if im honest I just thought the people who get bullied are just timid, but i guess not

ReputationRep:
    I was picked on a lot for being the brightest one in the year group. I hated it when the teachers would give me praise in front of the class before then essentially saying that I was ahead of everyone; yes I was, but I saw myself as a normal person. People would spread my "germs", make nasty comments, hide my stuff and isolate me. The first three years of secondary school were pretty darn miserable on that account. Even in my GCSE years, the one time I ever raised my hand for a query on a maths question they wouldn't let that go for ages, so after that I never asked for help as I didn't want to be mocked for being "stupid" again. People also used me at that point, too, when they realised that their GCSEs were approaching. Additionally, I was always picked on by my "friends".

Though things are so, so much better now, it still affects me to this day. I'm only just getting better at asking for help from lecturers, realising that I'm not being stupid to ask for help. I also take a long time to get close to friends, and worry about what they "really" think of me even when I know we're tight. At uni, I've had one person make me feel like utter **** for a medical condition I have, and is generally a very controlling person, so I steer clear of them, too, but apart from that, things are much better.

ReputationRep:
    In secondary school some girls said rude things towards me until I called them out in front of everyone in school. They never said anything rude to me ever again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AperfectBalance)
    Sexism. Religious bullying from a teacher, Physical bullying but I got him a Police Record so I am good with that.
    What kind of religious bullying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by illegaltobepoor)
    I was bullied to the point where I was physically and emotionally scared for life turning me into the sociopath I am today. Cross the film Crows Zero with Hannibal and your get the experience I had. I doubt you can get worse than that.
    So sorry to hear your experience, I have also been scarred for life by the bullying I suffered

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This thread makes me feel so sad
    Kids can be so horrible

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't liked at my primary school so I changed school in year 5 which was the best thing to ever happen & secondary school were these two girls had jealously problems now we're cool loool

ReputationRep:
    I was first bullied in infant school. I was the only asian kid and this boy called Corey started bullying me. Once he pushed me to the ground into a puddle for no reason other than my race, I assume.
    Later he was friends with these ******** boys who lived next door to me and they were extremely racist. I saw him years after that incident and received verbal abuse from them.

In primary school I was picked on to an extent but don't recall too much. These girls that I had to share a table with always bullied me and made me feel like ****. I remember one time I was in charge of the drawers for our table which held our work. One girl's work went missing (it fell out of the tray and down the back of the cupboard) and she gave me the most hateful and verbally abusive rant for losing her work and I felt so ****ing **** because of that.
    There was also a girl called Rudy who bullied me so throughout primary and secondary. Calling me out whenever she saw me and making fun of me.

In secondary I was bullied for years mainly by a group of girls including the same girls from primary.
    For some reason they went on my bebo page and started making fun of the things I had on there. I remember it started in ICT class.

They also made fun of my name every single day whenever they saw me.
    Another girl was openly racist.
    One of them also squirted a water bottle all over me/in my ear during class.

One of the girls who bullied me from primary to secondary had a picture on FB of her friend and I was in the background (all you could see was the back of my head) and she ****ing posts a comment calling me a "RAT".

There's loads more stuff but that's what I recall. They literally ruined my life and my education and they made me want to die. I ****ing hated school and myself. They really ****ed me up.

I'm so confident and comfortable with myself now and have gotten over those issues.

I was such a shy and weaky easy target during my school years, but I didn't ****ing deserve to be treated like that. Nobody does. Ugh. It makes me sick thinking about those days.

I've only seen one of the bullies since leaving college (4 years ago). Not sure how I'd react if I was to see the others today.
    Also, I've been applying for jobs at local accountancy practices and the brother of a girl who severely bullied me works in one of them, so I didn't apply to that one as I don't want to associate with that ***** ever again.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    I was bullied for having ginger hair. Was constantly called names and antagonised. One thing that always stuck in my mind was when a guy decided to randomly turn around in class and say "you're so ugly". Nothing prompted it. Teenagers can be so heartless and vicious.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What I've learned is that ignoring it because you think you're the better person does not work out.

It might make you feel better but if you're still in school and someone is constantly bothering you, you should go up to them and punch them right in the nose.

You'll get a week or so exclusion but they'll leave you alone after that.

Obviously this is only a response for physical bullying.

ReputationRep:
    Verbal, Physical, Mental and Cyber

ReputationRep:
    Few physical fights in Highschool , if anyone tried to bully me i'd just hurt them , seemed to have worked.

ReputationRep:
    none

ReputationRep:
    Sad Thread.
    Never really got bullied physically or verbally by students. It was teachers sadly(verbal bullying). I personally faced some cases of racial discrimination! I used to avoid talking to such teachers but they used to continuously taunt me. It made me develop a severe hatred towards school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sh9)
    I was first bullied in infant school. I was the only asian kid and this boy called Corey started bullying me. Once he pushed me to the ground into a puddle for no reason other than my race, I assume.
    Later he was friends with these ******** boys who lived next door to me and they were extremely racist. I saw him years after that incident and received verbal abuse from them.

In primary school I was picked on to an extent but don't recall too much. These girls that I had to share a table with always bullied me and made me feel like ****. I remember one time I was in charge of the drawers for our table which held our work. One girl's work went missing (it fell out of the tray and down the back of the cupboard) and she gave me the most hateful and verbally abusive rant for losing her work and I felt so ****ing **** because of that.
    There was also a girl called Rudy who bullied me so throughout primary and secondary. Calling me out whenever she saw me and making fun of me.

In secondary I was bullied for years mainly by a group of girls including the same girls from primary.
    For some reason they went on my bebo page and started making fun of the things I had on there. I remember it started in ICT class.

They also made fun of my name every single day whenever they saw me.
    Another girl was openly racist.
    One of them also squirted a water bottle all over me/in my ear during class.

One of the girls who bullied me from primary to secondary had a picture on FB of her friend and I was in the background (all you could see was the back of my head) and she ****ing posts a comment calling me a "RAT".

There's loads more stuff but that's what I recall. They literally ruined my life and my education and they made me want to die. I ****ing hated school and myself. They really ****ed me up.

I'm so confident and comfortable with myself now and have gotten over those issues.

I was such a shy and weaky easy target during my school years, but I didn't ****ing deserve to be treated like that. Nobody does. Ugh. It makes me sick thinking about those days.

I've only seen one of the bullies since leaving college (4 years ago). Not sure how I'd react if I was to see the others today.
    Also, I've been applying for jobs at local accountancy practices and the brother of a girl who severely bullied me works in one of them, so I didn't apply to that one as I don't want to associate with that ***** ever again.
    I'm sorry that you went through this. Hope those jerks suffer !

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.