Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What films should I watch? Watch

Announcements
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cookie123456789)
    You know? British comedies like 'The Boat That Rocked', 'Paul', 'Ali G in da House', 'Kingsman' or 'About a boy'??!?!

You need to watch some comedy my friend. It shall liven up your sense of humour.
    I've seen Kingsman, that's a class film! I almost forgot about it actually, are the other films you mentioned similar to Kingsman? I might give them a watch if they are

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelola)
    St trinians is on tv right now I think
    Smashing!!!
    I do love St Trinians...reminds me of my all girls school...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amefish)
    I've seen Kingsman, that's a class film! I almost forgot about it actually, are the other films you mentioned similar to Kingsman? I might give them a watch if they are
    Well they are comedies without the whole spy thing.

I would definitely recommend The boat that rocked. Some moments made me laugh out loud!!! Smashing I tell you!!!! You can watch it for free on Youtube

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsrsarahhhh)
    British comedies- what we did on our holiday, Kingsman the secret service, the decoy bride??
    I am going to watch the decoy bride. Looks very British!!! Fantastic!

ReputationRep:
    Grimsby
    The Dictator
    Rush
    Creed
    Kingsman
    Bridesmaids
    Miss Congeniality
    Eddie the Eagle
    The Inbetweeners 1&2

These are all I can think of at the moment, tried to include some SBC since he's a British comedian
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Well they are comedies without the whole spy thing.

I would definitely recommend The boat that rocked. Some moments made me laugh out loud!!! Smashing I tell you!!!! You can watch it for free on Youtube
    I'll definitely give it a go, then! Funny how this thread turned from me telling you what to watch, to you telling me what to watch

ReputationRep:
    Not a British comedy by any means, but if you have never watched Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind then watch it. So so good

ReputationRep:
    Good British comedies:

Spoiler:
    Show

Bend It Like Beckham
    It's A Wonderful Afterlife
    The Full Monty
    Love Actually
    Four Weddings & A Funeral
    Keeping Mum
    Nanny McPhee
    A Fish Called Wanda
    The World's End
    Shaun Of The Dead
    Run Fatboy Run
    Bean
    Four Lions
    Johnny English 1 & 2
    The Inbetweeners 1 & 2

One film I would not recommend though is The Truth About Love. It was **** and I stopped watching half-way through. Lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AfcFob)
    Grimsby
    The Dictator
    Rush
    Creed
    Kingsman
    Bridesmaids
    Miss Congeniality
    Eddie the Eagle
    The Inbetweeners 1&2

These are all I can think of at the moment, tried to include some SBC since he's a British comedian
    I love SBC!!! Love his Ali G!!! Brilliant I tell you!!
    And thanks for reminding me to watch Eddie the Eagle!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asif007)
    Good British comedies:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Bend It Like Beckham
    It's A Wonderful Afterlife
    The Full Monty
    Love Actually
    Four Weddings & A Funeral
    Keeping Mum
    Nanny McPhee
    A Fish Called Wanda
    The World's End
    Shaun Of The Dead
    Run Fatboy Run
    Bean
    Four Lions
    Johnny English 1 & 2
    The Inbetweeners 1 & 2

One film I would not recommend though is The Truth About Love. It was **** and I stopped watching half-way through. Lol
    Brilliant!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!! Bend it like Beckham is absolutely smashing as well

ReputationRep:
    I love SBC!!! Love his Ali G!!! Brilliant I tell you!!
    And thanks for reminding me to watch Eddie the Eagle!
    Who doesn't love SBC??! Ali G is the best but really did love General President Alladeen (however you spell it) and I loved Eddie so much- Taron is a great actor

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for these brilliant sounding suggestions! Leon the professional looks brilliant! and I might actually watch 12 Angry men...sounds interesting
    Please do, I think it should be much more mainstream

ReputationRep:
    I have in fact seen this film. I even brought the book the film was based from because I loved it so much. I thought it was bloody hilarious and I still do. It's packed full with the great British humour I love. I would even go as far as to say it's one of my most favorite films of all time.
    It is a great film but it only had 3 stars on Netflix 😢 In that case, I also enjoyed the Alan partridge film, it's obviously got British humour and I've seen it a few times and still laugh out loud

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amymcm11)
    It is a great film but it only had 3 stars on Netflix 😢 In that case, I also enjoyed the Alan partridge film, it's obviously got British humour and I've seen it a few times and still laugh out loud
    Brilliant!!! Another film I would love to watch! Thanks. Alan Partridge is bloody brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    Death at a Funeral?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by venetiaan)
    Death at a Funeral?
    cool yeahhhh smashing thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tamil fever)
    American beauty, american history x, requiem for a dream, shawshank redemption, the dark knight, fight cluv, LOTR trilogy, the matrix, pulp fiction, the grand budapest hotel, Goodfellas, the silence of the lambs, se7en, the usual suspects, leon, the green mile, interstellar, gladiator, memento, the prestige, dhango unchained, resevoir dogs, a seperation, the sixth sense, v for vendetta, shutter island, 12 years a slave, donnie darko, the martian, prisoners, imitation game, catch me if you can, moonrise kingdom,The guardians of the galaxy,Lorax,The Good Dinosaur,MazeRunner,The Host,The Giver,Tron,Civil War

btw I copied this from my old thread
    Lots of these are top films, but you are just itching to be a hipster

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Come And See, followed by Irreversible.

Then cry yourself to sleep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brahmin of Booty)

Looks interesting...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Which UK University has the most beautiful Campus?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.