Turn on thread page Beta

Rhianna- umbrella (arghhhhh) watch

• View Poll Results: Do you like Rhianna- Umbrella?
    yes, I love it!
    33.19%
    No, I hate it so much it makes my ears bleed.
    45.69%
    It doesn't bother me
    21.12%

ReputationRep:
    I still like it :P
    *sings* umbrella-ella-eh-eh-eh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tesh^^)
    That song was meant to be for Mary J Blige.She must get pretty annoyed every time she hears it.
    not sure if she'd have made it a success to be honest, Rhianna's unusual vocals add something to it, and although she has a great Voice, Mary J Blige may have overdone it.

and there's loads of mega-hits that other artists have turned down, such as Sophie Ellis Bextor apparently passed on 'cant get you out of my head' which sold millions worldwide, Michael Jackson turned down 'like I love you' at a time he could have had a hit with it etc

ReputationRep:
    How the hell is this crap still number one?

I bet it's because Rihanna is buying them herself.. As i for one don't know anyone who would even listen to, let alone buy this... :rofl:

Get this off my ****ing tv screens.. Cancel the ****er... Gnarls Barkley 'Crazy' Part 2...

:mad:

That's all.

ReputationRep:
    It's a brilliant urban pop song. I think it is great. But then I don't listen to radio all that much so i mainly hear it on my ipod or on mtv and the video never upsets me.

ReputationRep:
    Had this song in my head since I read this thread this morning! Grrr!

ReputationRep:
    It's great, still. It's set to beat the record since 1994 or something by holding onto the #1 spot for 10 weeks. I don't think she'll make it though, it'll probably get overtaken by whatever else is out by the end of the week.

ReputationRep:
    I hope Kate Nash would take her over... But i don't think she has...

It's ridiculous being number one for this amount of time...

Boring too.

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was ok at first. But the more I hear it, the more I wonder how it managed to get to nubmer one, let alone stay there. It's such a blah song, nothing special about it.

ReputationRep:
    Meh its so sucky, the lyrics could have been written by a ten year old.

Why must chavs pollute the airwaves with their filth that is RnB when there are loads of songs that talented people wrote with clever words?? It does my head in!

ReputationRep:
    Meh, does my head in now!

ReputationRep:
    I dislike this song now, purely because its so overplayed.
    It was alright in the beginning...

ReputationRep:
    The lyrics are so simple, and i mustyh ave heard it a billion and one times, but I still love it I think its the chorus, cant get enough of it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Botticello)
    Meh its so sucky, the lyrics could have been written by a ten year old.

Why must chavs pollute the airwaves with their filth that is RnB when there are loads of songs that talented people wrote with clever words?? It does my head in!
    Why are you so retarded?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Botticello)
    This may come as a bit of a shock, so I'm glad you'll be sat down at your computer when you read this but ... Chavs in fact listen to all that MC'in crap and not RnB.

Are you having a pop at RnB in general and saying that there are no good lyrics in the songs? ... Just because YOU don't like a certain type of music does not mean that it is crap, no?

ReputationRep:
    Anything that isn't rock or metal = Chav music
    Anything that isn't chav music = Emo

These are the rules that you must stick to. Ignore them at your peril

ReputationRep:
    I usually hate R&B music, but I really like listening to Umbrella!

ReputationRep:
    I love this song! The lyrics are lovely and mean a lot to me because one of my close friends bought the single for me when I was feeling down. I'm not bored of it yet. I like the Chris Brown version too

ReputationRep:
    Aargh i hate it. yes great sentiment for the song- but does it reaaly have o drive you nuts

someone hand me a hammer when i next hear it- i might just destroy the radio

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sausage)
    Its ****ing ****. I've heard better noise out my dogs arse.
    Can i listen to it?

ReputationRep:
    Reminds me of why I don't switch radios on.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 29, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.