Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    A 16 year old can real off stats and figures all day long Dac but that doesn't mean they are in a position to comment on a car. Driving off road does not give you an idea of handling on the road either, I know, I did it for 3-4 years!

Would you ask a 12 year old what it's like to have a baby or a 30 year old mum?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pghstochaj)
    A 16 year old can real off stats and figures all day long Dac but that doesn't mean they are in a position to comment on a car. Driving off road does not give you an idea of handling on the road either, I know, I did it for 3-4 years!

Would you ask a 12 year old what it's like to have a baby or a 30 year old mum?
    yes it does! private roads are not necessarily off road now are they lol and same, i was 10 when i started driving on private roads (got pics to prove!)

thats a differenct scenario altogether, at 16 he may well have driven cars, and been driven in cars all his life,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dac_10)
    please excuse Paul, hes very grouchy and argumentative :p: im with you partly on this one, doesnt really matter what your age, if your interested enough it doesnt take that long to learn about cars, especially at the age of 16! youve had plenty of time to learn whats what, but as paul said, you may lack real world experience with driving. but on the otherhand you may well have driven on private roads alot? probabelys a much better chance to learn if a car handles well or not.

dont be put off by older people who may know more than you, its just that they are a few years ahead of you, but that doesnt mean they are more interested in it!
    Yeah been driving on private land since I was 14, been fortunate enough to have a huge driveway, and my uncle has alot of land around his house. Driven quite a few cars, but none on a actual real road (Also use the LCFC car park from time to time :p:).

I know clutch control, bay parking, reverse parking and a few other manouvers.

ReputationRep:
    You can't compare off road to on, theyre totally different beasts. I've driven since I was 12. I have 350 acres to play in.

As for the original question.... Just don't do it.

ReputationRep:
    What you talking bout you plonker I timed my 207cc from 0 to 60 mph in 8.6 seconds it has the same engine as the Mini Cooper S the BMW THP engine so in future get your facts right little boy your probably jealous because you drive a VW polo or some crap like that lol

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 16, 2016
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.