Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikaboo)
    Little Britain's Vicky Pollard is a particularly good representation of Manchester townies. Even down to the pink Kappa
    Well, apart from the fact she doesn't really sound very Mancunian...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley...)
    How can you be an expert on accents when you can't even speak proper English

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charters)
    No I was walking to my hench "rugger" friends....
    Yes, I had five....
    I was walking down Ken High at about 10 o'clock this morning....but to be honest I woulnd't of helped me either, I have to admit I did look like a posh prat...!
    hehe, that still sucks though!

being poor has nothing to do with them being total arsebandits; but you shouldve done something! and if you see someone in the same position you should try to help!

bloody scumbags !

ReputationRep:
    Chavs have an accent of their own basically incomprehensible and I can't spell tonight.

ReputationRep:
    I have cramp in my leg and it cains, I blame the Pikeys :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikaboo)
    Chavs have an accent of their own basically incomprehensible and I can't spell tonight.
    Not so much an accent, more a lack of accentuation

ReputationRep:
    How can you be an expert on accents when you can't even speak proper English
    How I speak depends who I'm with. Yeah, I live on a council estate, but it is in Surrey, and I do have some frightfully posh friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infekt)
    is it sumthign like lock stock and two smoking barrels ? ... i loved tht movie ....

ive only realy lwatched two british movies before , lock stock and trainspotting ....

i hated the other one ...

yup its like lock stock - its by the same director (Guy Richie) and has a few of the same actors, as well as some big names like Brad Pitt (the pikey)

ReputationRep:
    frightfully posh friends.
    No, they probably just seem posh to you

ReputationRep:
    Good point.

Ah well.

ReputationRep:
    so how come there are pikeys in Ken high streeet?

i'd thought they have their own corner to hang about in. do you see them on King's road then?

ReputationRep:
    Shame they just spat on you. It doesn't seem to have learned you good.

ReputationRep:
    I have cramp in my leg and it cains, I blame the Pikeys :rolleyes:
    What did your mates do when he spat on you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)

i'd thought they have their own corner to hang about in. do you see them on King's road then?
    London's a curiosity though. More so than other places, the nice areas and *****y areas are all mixed close together. Kensington quickly turns a bit crap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)

pikeys on the KR :confused: only thing that comes close are wannabe-sloanes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)

Ah Kings Rd is THE WORST! I have had loads of phones nicked, they ride round on their "peds".....a guy got shot the other day. We used to live on the KR but it started getting rough so we moved. The houses are like 10 mil but then you have council estates right next to you, where all the scum live- its proper crap. Pikeys get everywhere, yes EVEN Ken High....Liturally no is safe :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Minding my own business walking to a friends down Ken High street, pikeys start walking towards me, I look- think in head "oh look pikeys walking towards me...." and carry on walking. They stop I carry on and there it goes a big piece of gob lands SPLAT right on the back of my head....
    Dirty Commoners!
    So didn't you react? Man, your really calm, if somebody did that to me I would turn around and **** them one prefferably with a brick. Anyway, spitting is a nasty habit. Are you sure it was spit, and not some bird **** outta the sky?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    pikeys on the KR :confused: only thing that comes close are wannabe-sloanes.
    yes shows how much you know...also you live in Bristol, not London....!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d750)
    Shame they just spat on you. It doesn't seem to have learned you good.
    Ah, he's just stirring.

And if he's actually serious, who gives a flying one? Certainly not me (as Ms. Dynamite might say).

ReputationRep:
    yes shows how much you know...also you live in Bristol, not London....!
    i spose that's true. i was at KR (well, parsons green) 2 wks ago, and i turned a corner and found loadsa council estates, and a notice from the police appealing for info about a kid from an estate who was shot recently.

it seemd so hard to believe that the Hurlingham club was just on the other side of the wall!

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.