Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Just got chased by a pheasant, AMA watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForgetMe)
    Did you try to chase it back with a fork and a knife in your hands?
    Should've chased it back with a bow and arrow that's what

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OGGUS)
    Was it after your honey?
    No I didn't have any honey with me. Wait do mean was it after my blood? 😳

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinkberry_y)
    No I didn't have any honey with me. Wait do mean was it after my blood? 😳
    It could have been you never know

Reeve's Pheasant:

Lady Amherst's Pheasant:

Indigenous Pheasant (the 'normal' British one):

Golden/Oriental Pheasant:

so yours is a rare one to see

ReputationRep:
    Yes, Reeves are rare, and aggressive. So don't take it personally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salamandastron)
    Reeve's Pheasant:

Lady Amherst's Pheasant:

Indigenous Pheasant (the 'normal' British one):

Golden/Oriental Pheasant:

so yours is a rare one to see
    Omg S**T, lol trust my luck to come across the rare but unpleasant pheasant the only time I come across one! Cheers this was helpful!! I'll go tell my friend about it now. Omg kinda scared now imaging what else the pheasant could have done to me

ReputationRep:
    Omg S**T, Omg kinda scared now imaging what else the pheasant could have done to me
    Too bad. They have long memories too...

ReputationRep:
    This was on the BBC in 2005.
    Maybe they are long-lived as well as aggressive.

"Rogue pheasant attacks villagers

The pheasant is thought to have escaped from a private menagerieA rogue pheasant is believed to be behind a series of attacks on unsuspecting walkers in Wiltshire.Residents of Bishopstone, near Salisbury, have reported six assaults by the fowl over the past six months.The bird is thought to be a Reeves Pheasant, a rare Chinese variety that was probably hatched in captivity.Farmer Edward Draper said he had spoken to fellow villagers who had come across the bird, and heard stories of attacks first hand."Normally they are very placid birds, this one seems to come from some distance away and attack people and peck at you," he said.

ReputationRep:
    Attachment 571974Guys I'm actually serious here I even have a photo of it that I took before it started chasing me
    Why didn't you start chasing it back? You got chased by dinner lmao :laugh:

First time this has happened, felt rather traumatised. ASk me anything
    How many do you keep on your estate? And why didn't you call the hounds to attack it?

ReputationRep:
    This is so funny!

Pheasants are very territorial creatures and I think you stepped into its territory and it gave you the chase

ReputationRep:
    Really, its just a little bird.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dancing sloth)
    This was on the BBC in 2005.
    Maybe they are long-lived as well as aggressive.

"Rogue pheasant attacks villagers

The pheasant is thought to have escaped from a private menagerieA rogue pheasant is believed to be behind a series of attacks on unsuspecting walkers in Wiltshire.Residents of Bishopstone, near Salisbury, have reported six assaults by the fowl over the past six months.The bird is thought to be a Reeves Pheasant, a rare Chinese variety that was probably hatched in captivity.Farmer Edward Draper said he had spoken to fellow villagers who had come across the bird, and heard stories of attacks first hand."Normally they are very placid birds, this one seems to come from some distance away and attack people and peck at you," he said.
    Well at least this tells me my fears weren't unfounded. I can't believe this breed of pheasant is so unpleasant and terrorising. I just can't believe how randomly we came across this rare pheasant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whydoidothis?)
    Really, its just a little bird.
    Literally the two of them corned me into bushes and I was almost trapped and I had to run really fast between them to get away. Then they chased us really fast and wouldn't go, I honestly thought they were gonna trip me over and peck over my whole face

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saran23)
    This is so funny!

Pheasants are very territorial creatures and I think you stepped into its territory and it gave you the chase
    Yes I think so too because the minute we got a certain distance from the spot where we found them they stopped chasing. They wanted us off their turf

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 17, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.