Original post by Pinkberry_y
No I didn't have any honey with me. Wait do mean was it after my blood? 😳

It could have been you never know:wink:
Reeve's Pheasant:

Lady Amherst's Pheasant:

Indigenous Pheasant (the 'normal' British one):

Golden/Oriental Pheasant:

so yours is a rare one to see :smile:
Yes, Reeves are rare, and aggressive. So don't take it personally.
Original post by Salamandastron
Reeve's Pheasant:

Lady Amherst's Pheasant:

Indigenous Pheasant (the 'normal' British one):

Golden/Oriental Pheasant:

so yours is a rare one to see :smile:

Omg S**T, lol trust my luck to come across the rare but unpleasant pheasant the only time I come across one! Cheers this was helpful!! I'll go tell my friend about it now. Omg kinda scared now imaging what else the pheasant could have done to me
Omg S**T, Omg kinda scared now imaging what else the pheasant could have done to me

Too bad. They have long memories too...
This was on the BBC in 2005.
Maybe they are long-lived as well as aggressive.

"Rogue pheasant attacks villagers

The pheasant is thought to have escaped from a private menagerieA rogue pheasant is believed to be behind a series of attacks on unsuspecting walkers in Wiltshire.Residents of Bishopstone, near Salisbury, have reported six assaults by the fowl over the past six months.The bird is thought to be a Reeves Pheasant, a rare Chinese variety that was probably hatched in captivity.Farmer Edward Draper said he had spoken to fellow villagers who had come across the bird, and heard stories of attacks first hand."Normally they are very placid birds, this one seems to come from some distance away and attack people and peck at you," he said.
image.jpgGuys I'm actually serious here I even have a photo of it that I took before it started chasing me

Why didn't you start chasing it back? You got chased by dinner lmao :laugh:
First time this has happened, felt rather traumatised. ASk me anything

How many do you keep on your estate? And why didn't you call the hounds to attack it?
Reply 48
This is so funny!

Pheasants are very territorial creatures and I think you stepped into its territory and it gave you the chase :biggrin:
Really, its just a little bird.
Original post by dancing sloth
This was on the BBC in 2005.
Maybe they are long-lived as well as aggressive.

"Rogue pheasant attacks villagers

The pheasant is thought to have escaped from a private menagerieA rogue pheasant is believed to be behind a series of attacks on unsuspecting walkers in Wiltshire.Residents of Bishopstone, near Salisbury, have reported six assaults by the fowl over the past six months.The bird is thought to be a Reeves Pheasant, a rare Chinese variety that was probably hatched in captivity.Farmer Edward Draper said he had spoken to fellow villagers who had come across the bird, and heard stories of attacks first hand."Normally they are very placid birds, this one seems to come from some distance away and attack people and peck at you," he said.

Well at least this tells me my fears weren't unfounded. I can't believe this breed of pheasant is so unpleasant and terrorising. I just can't believe how randomly we came across this rare pheasant
Original post by whydoidothis?
Really, its just a little bird.

Literally the two of them corned me into bushes and I was almost trapped and I had to run really fast between them to get away. Then they chased us really fast and wouldn't go, I honestly thought they were gonna trip me over and peck over my whole face
Original post by saran23
This is so funny!

Pheasants are very territorial creatures and I think you stepped into its territory and it gave you the chase :biggrin:

Yes I think so too because the minute we got a certain distance from the spot where we found them they stopped chasing. They wanted us off their turf

Quick Reply

Latest