Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is each flat mixed or same sex? And is there a living room area?

ReputationRep:
    Wooo just looked in my email inbox, I have a letter from the accommodation people, I have been allocated at Lupton

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trotsky)
    Wooo just looked in my email inbox, I have a letter from the accommodation people, I have been allocated at Lupton
    Awesome, what block you staying in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcmoore)
    Awesome, what block you staying in?
    I am in Block K.

Anybody else in Block K? Anyone know where Block K is, in reference to the car park and the office? I hope it's not too near the road! I'm so pleased I got Lupton, which was my first choice.

Now to work out how to pay £200 deposit...

ReputationRep:
    Wohooo, I'm block K, Room K2.32 (whatever the hell that means). It wasn't exactly my first choice. I'm a sucker for pretty architecture so Devonshire Halls and Clarence Dock were the most appealing (well, visually at least. I don't know what it would have done to my meagre bank account.)

It was comforting reading posts were people seemed excited about Lupton, made me feel much better about my placement. The pictures were helpful too, though to be honest the second picture was rather frightening, all that orange made me think of prison (not that I've been, don't worry you haven't been stuck with a psycho.)

Being able to speak to fellow Luptonians (stop cringing we'll see who's laughing when it catches on) for the first time in a nice thought out way is so much more preferable to what I imagine will be the uncomfortable silent grins of first day.

See ya'll in September
    Henry

p.s. Ignore the fact that this post is going out at 4:50 am, I do that sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    ^I'm in the same block as you, but a different flat! No doubt we'll meet at some point anyway, as we're both 'Luptonians'

Block K'ers are supreme :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Garfield)
    Is each flat mixed or same sex? And is there a living room area?
    apparently it's a bit of both. i don't know how to find out. i hope mine's mixed. but then i haven't even found anyone in the same block yet, haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hw597)
    I'm block K, Room K2.32 (whatever the hell that means).
    I have read somewhere on the forums that KA.bc means

- Block K
    - Floor A
    - Flat b
    - Room c

So K2.32 should mean Block K, Floor 2, Flat 3 and Room 2

I am not totally sure of this, but I think it works this way!

By the way, I am telling you something about my last bits of Italian life before starting the Leeds experience: I am right back from Ferrara (italian town between Venice and Bologna) where an important Busker's Festival takes place every year at the end of August (and lasts for one week). This year was the 20th Edition, I participated as a singer in a "black-winter-dressed-ChristmasCarolsSingers"... Being a Luptoner I can explain to you once in Leeds, and show you some photos. Basically we (about 20-30 people) dress completely in black (from hat to shoes) and sing Christmas songs with some modified words (to make people laugh).

It has been really great, unfortunately singing with winter trousers and winter coat and winter hat and winter gloves in the middle of August in the middle of Northern Italian planes is not that PERFECT! With high humidity and 35 degrees... but we have been lucky... wind and rain!

bye to you all
    see you in Leeds in weeks!

tommaso.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dodolatex)
    I have read somewhere on the forums that KA.bc means

- Block K
    - Floor A
    - Flat b
    - Room c

So K2.32 should mean Block K, Floor 2, Flat 3 and Room 2

I am not totally sure of this, but I think it works this way!

By the way, I am telling you something about my last bits of Italian life before starting the Leeds experience: I am right back from Ferrara (italian town between Venice and Bologna) where an important Busker's Festival takes place every year at the end of August (and lasts for one week). This year was the 20th Edition, I participated as a singer in a "black-winter-dressed-ChristmasCarolsSingers"... Being a Luptoner I can explain to you once in Leeds, and show you some photos. Basically we (about 20-30 people) dress completely in black (from hat to shoes) and sing Christmas songs with some modified words (to make people laugh).

It has been really great, unfortunately singing with winter trousers and winter coat and winter hat and winter gloves in the middle of August in the middle of Northern Italian planes is not that PERFECT! With high humidity and 35 degrees... but we have been lucky... wind and rain!

bye to you all
    see you in Leeds in weeks!

tommaso.
    Haha cool, it's a bit colder than that here!!! (by that I mean a lot colder, haha) I'm M2.32... Thanks for the translation of room no's, haha.

ReputationRep:
    im in block k at lupton too! i want to be in mixed flats as i dont mind messy boys everyone moving in on the 15th?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clareyooh)
    im in block k at lupton too! i want to be in mixed flats as i dont mind messy boys everyone moving in on the 15th?
    nah i'm coming the 16th. And i'm in block m!

ReputationRep:
    what is this residence like? i am not sure whether to stay in the private accomodation as this does not look too appealing!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trotsky)
    ^I'm in the same block as you, but a different flat! No doubt we'll meet at some point anyway, as we're both 'Luptonians'

Block K'ers are supreme :cool:
    I'm in block K too!! apparently its a more modern Block woohoo I'm in room K2.23. First choice was james baillie but am deffo liking lupton now. may not be the prettiest but seems a great location!!! excciiiited!!! x

ReputationRep:
    I'm in block K too! K2.13!!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.