City University London Freshers Megathread 2016

University Navigation

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ARoxanne)
    Yeah, the official City ones come out today but there's lots of third party ones for which most people are going. There's a freshers facebook and whatsapp group if you're interested, pretty much all the events are discussed there amongst other things haha.
    How did you find out about the whatsapp group? Is there's any way I could be added

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pictorialdiary)
    How did you find out about the whatsapp group? Is there's any way I could be added
    Yo I've pm'd you x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going to be studying Maths? When do we get our student ID's?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PugDevil)
    A big congratulations to those that are going to the university!

You can use this thread to say hello to fellow students and discuss how excited you are to begin your fantastic journey!

This thread is yours, take it away
    Hello everyone, in going to be studying sociology and will be commuting probably by train
    Would anyone want to commute with me? I think It would help to lessen first week nerves travelling with a buddy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldjewel)
    Hello everyone, in going to be studying sociology and will be commuting probably by train
    Would anyone want to commute with me? I think It would help to lessen first week nerves travelling with a buddy
    Hey, going to be studying Criminology within the Sociology department also! Where abouts are you travelling from to get to City, sounds like a good idea!

ReputationRep:
    I'm commuting too where you travelling from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=bioloves;67044718]City for optometry
    So excited

Posted from TSR MobileThat makes two of us at least on here!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bighe4d123)
    Hey, going to be studying Criminology within the Sociology department also! Where abouts are you travelling from to get to City, sounds like a good idea!
    Hello
    First travelling on the London midland service, from Hemel Hempstead to Euston
    Then second train is Euston to Angel, northern line!
    How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fazza6200)
    I'm commuting too where you travelling from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm travelling from Hemel Hempstead, how about you?

ReputationRep:
    Hello
    First travelling on the London midland service, from Hemel Hempstead to Euston
    Then second train is Euston to Angel, northern line!
    How about you?
    I'm a bit closer than you are, I'm coming from Loughton on the Central Line then onto the northern line to Angel. Don't mind meeting up still if your up for it!

ReputationRep:
    I'm a bit closer than you are, I'm coming from Loughton on the Central Line then onto the northern line to Angel. Don't mind meeting up still if your up for it!
    Oh okay
    Yeah of course why not, when does your induction start? Do you think it's similar to mine?
    Actually I think all the social science department timetables are the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bioloves)
    City for optometry
    So excited

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What subjects and grades did you get for A-levels?

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay
    Yeah of course why not, when does your induction start? Do you think it's similar to mine?
    Actually I think all the social science department timetables are the same
    My timetable starts on the 19th, this Monday. Haha yeah I was going to say I'm sure ours will be very similar, maybe even together.

Send me a private message on here if you want to meet up though! Sounds like a good idea!

ReputationRep:
    My timetable starts on the 19th, this Monday. Haha yeah I was going to say I'm sure ours will be very similar, maybe even together.

Send me a private message on here if you want to meet up though! Sounds like a good idea!
    Okay I have x

ReputationRep:
    I'm travelling from Hemel Hempstead, how about you?
    For the first week Watford but then going from Harrow on the hill to Euston to Angel coz my fam's moving house xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fazza6200)
    For the first week Watford but then going from Harrow on the hill to Euston to Angel coz my fam's moving house xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We will probably be on the same train then for the first week!

ReputationRep:
    We will probably be on the same train then for the first week!
    Yes!! Most probably! I already know about 6/7 people travelling from Watford to Angel so we won't be alone!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone commuting to King's Cross?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing Civil Engineering?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys
    Check out these discounts !
    myunidays.com/r/AacZMpOZ4kI

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 23, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
What is your favourite day of the week
City University London resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.