Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vanessa53)
    Same here! I'm living at home, and not planning on going to any events that involve drinking etc... I guess I'll try and make friends with people that I meet during lectures, societies and clubs.

Just see what you're more comfortable with..who knows you might end up enjoying yourself? If not you can always leave early
    On a side note: Don't worry too much about making friends! I know a few people who ended up making really good friends in their 3rd week of uni. Also, I'm sure that there are loads of people in the same situation as you.

Btw what course are you studying?
    Yeah, I was overthinking it after reading why I shouldn't miss it, guess I read into it too much . I'll probably go to some events, not really much to lose

And I'm studying biomed too

(Original post by RS6)
    I don't drink either so won't be going to events involving drinking. Seeing that there will be other people like you who won't be drinking (e.g. the 3 people who replied to you ) you could hang out with them and perhaps even make great friends. So you shouldn't miss out on the chance of meeting new people and you only get to be a fresher once so why not make the most of it
    Also, there are many events for those who don't drink during the day which we will be told about once we get thereas it said in one of the documents they sent us so I wouldn't worry too much as you will end up meeting people there one way or another!
    Yep, was definitely thinking too much haha. I must have missed the part about the other events so that's good to know.

If people are half as nice as you guys then I have nothing to worry about, thanks for the replies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RS6)
    I don't drink either so won't be going to events involving drinking. Seeing that there will be other people like you who won't be drinking (e.g. the 3 people who replied to you ) you could hang out with them and perhaps even make great friends. So you shouldn't miss out on the chance of meeting new people and you only get to be a fresher once so why not make the most of it
    Also, there are many events for those who don't drink during the day which we will be told about once we get there as it said in one of the documents they sent us so I wouldn't worry too much as you will end up meeting people there one way or another!
    Me and my friend who's also coming to George's don't drink either, so you've got our company too haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jabruq)
    Me and my friend who's also coming to George's don't drink either, so you've got our company too haha!
    That's great to know. Cya there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samcro7)
    Yeah, I was overthinking it after reading why I shouldn't miss it, guess I read into it too much . I'll probably go to some events, not really much to loseAnd I'm studying biomed too Yep, was definitely thinking too much haha. I must have missed the part about the other events so that's good to know.If people are half as nice as you guys then I have nothing to worry about, thanks for the replies
    I'm glad we could help!

Looking forward to meeting you guys at uni!

ReputationRep:
    I got a space too.
    Though i also received one at Cardiff school of medicine, and I have one more problem: I've always wanted to study at imperial college though for that I've to do my A levels and get 3A* plus the highest grades. In addition, since I'm from Africa they rarely consider us.
    My parents are pretty keen on George's because of the student satisfaction etc. any help with whether I should join in or just continue with A levels?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.