The Official TSR Fantasy NFL Thread 2016/17

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Monkey_Pete)
    currently i am torn between Goskowski, Marshawn Lynch or the Browns Defence for the first pick. Will hopefully decide by Sunday evening
    Whoever misses the draft (there's always one) is getting Gotskowski in the 7th because of NFL.coms default setting of drafting starters before backups. The moral of the story is of course, do not miss the draft.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wattsy)
    Whoever misses the draft (there's always one) is getting Gotskowski in the 7th because of NFL.coms default setting of drafting starters before backups. The moral of the story is of course, do not miss the draft.
    Maybe I'll take inspiration from the raiders and take a kicker in the 1st

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Monkey_Pete)
    currently i am torn between Goskowski, Marshawn Lynch or the Browns Defence for the first pick. Will hopefully decide by Sunday evening
    Listen to the Rams goff is worth the 1st pick.

ReputationRep:
    I know my first pick already. I hope he's available at #2.

ReputationRep:
    I know who I have at 10 and 11 but neither are blue chip fantasy keystones. They're people who can take you to the Championship but both have question marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammy4041)
    I know my first pick already. I hope he's available at #2.
    I have actually already decided who i am taking first and told Motorbiker. If you tell me who you want, i will let you know if they will be avaliable

ReputationRep:
    Please PM me your email addresses so I can invite you to the league.*

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to use a random number generator to sort out the divisions.

Odd = Division 1
    Even = Division 2

Name:  Division Order Imput.png
Views: 32
Size:  118.6 KB

Name:  Division Order.png
Views: 33
Size:  115.9 KB

Therefore the divisions are as follows:

Division 1
    Knockin' on Evans' Door
    Tebow's Third Down Conversion
    Red Wright 88
    Please let me get A-Rod (R)
    Shad Khan has a Swimming Pool

Division 2
    Hernandez Pistol Offense
    Clinton-Dix Trump*
    Supreme Leader Kim Jon Goodell (R)
    Laces out
    Dez Caught It

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to use a random number generator to sort out the divisions.

Odd = Division 1
    Even = Division 2

Therefore the divisions are as follows:

Division 1
    Knockin' on Evans' Door
    Tebow's Third Down Conversion
    Red Wright 88
    Please let me get A-Rod
    Shad Khan has a Swimming Pool

Division 2
    Hernandez Pistol Offense
    Clinton-Dix Trump
    Supreme Leader Kim Jon Goodell
    Laces out
    Dez caught it
    Looks good. Done a few mock drafts today in preparation. Could you annotate those lists with the people who are new players and who are more experienced. Hopefully each conference got a mix of both?

ReputationRep:
    DT, back again with his **** mocks attitude that lead him to underwhelming GCSE results. I better do some reading today. I have no clue how to approach this year other than fail in the draft and survive off the wire.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/s...-draft-success

'Don't draft with only your heart'

Yeah, that might be a problem.

ReputationRep:
    What happens when I make the play-offs (lol), what happens to the players in your team that haven't made it? Is that where this 'waiver wire' comes in?

Edit: Just saw the schedule and realised it only runs during the regular season, cool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    What happens when I make the play-offs (lol), what happens to the players in your team that haven't made it? Is that where this 'waiver wire' comes in?
    The playoffs are week 15 & 16

ReputationRep:

Edit: Just saw the schedule and realised it only runs during the regular season, cool
    The waiver wire is used to ditch injured/ineffective/bye week players that you drafted (because we will all draft a disappointment or three) and pick up better players, usually those players which surprise everyone and emerge as the season progresses.

ReputationRep:
    The waiver wire is used to ditch injured/ineffective/bye week players that you drafted (because we will all draft a disappointment or three) and pick up better players, usually those players which surprise everyone and emerge as the season progresses.
    When drafting, are there limits to who your first pick can be? For example, could you pick a Defensive Team or Kicker as your #1 pick?

ReputationRep:
    When drafting, are there limits to who your first pick can be? For example, could you pick a Defensive Team or Kicker as your #1 pick?
    You can but people would assume you're trolling the league and get kind of annoyed. The only picks that make sense #1 are usually WRs or RBs, sometimes a QB might be in the mix.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmashConcept)
    You can but people would assume you're trolling the league and get kind of annoyed. The only picks that make sense #1 are usually WRs or RBs, sometimes a QB might be in the mix.
    Or gronk

ReputationRep:
    Smash has the right of it. The only picks that should be allowed at #1 this year are Antonio Brown, OBJ, Julio Jones, Todd Gurley IMO. For me it would be Brown nailed on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    Or gronk
    First round I get, but I'm pretty skeptical of him being a legit #1 choice.

Smash has the right of it. The only picks that should be allowed at #1 this year are Antonio Brown, OBJ, Julio Jones, Todd Gurley IMO. For me it would be Brown nailed on.
    I wouldn't have a problem with someone taking Zeke or Peterson.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmashConcept)
    First round I get, but I'm pretty skeptical of him being a legit #1 choice.

I wouldn't have a problem with someone taking Zeke or Peterson.
    I don't think he is a number 1 choice but I think some people would see him as a potential number 1

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 29, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.