Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubblegumcat)
    I got 3 B's and was a bit disappointed...but whatever I'm still going to uni

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congratulations! Never think of how hard the journey was, just picture and savour the destination!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubblegumcat)
    I got 3 B's and was a bit disappointed...but whatever I'm still going to uni

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congratulations! Never think of how hard the journey was, just picture and savour the destination! .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zabveniye)
    I worked really hard, revised from the beginning of the year, and frequently got A grades on homework assignments, yet could not get higher than a C for overall A level results. Makes me really wish that I had taken a different course.

My A2 results are CCD in Biology, Geography and Mathematics respectively.

It's a little depressing seeing threads full of people who got all As and A*s or are disappointed with B grades. I'm not really complaining about them -- I understand it's disappointing not to quite reach your goals even if those goals are extremely high. But some of us found A levels particularly tough and had to work very hard just to scrape our passes.

Anyone else out there? I imagine generally people with grades like AAA are more inclined to post than those with lower passes like mine (CCD) but statistically not everyone can have gotten the very top grades.

Maybe seeing some threads like this in the mix will help some of the less high-achieving students feel less pressured, ashamed or alone
    Hey, yeah I get the feeling, I started Year 12 predicted to be studying in Cambridge or Oxford and ended up getting CCCD at the end of Year 13. Don't worry I feel ya. Trust me it's not the end of the world, by some miracle I got into Keele which was my firm offer. Hope you manage to achieve whatever your plan is, and don't be too disappointed, you gave your best, it's mostly all that matters.
    xx

ReputationRep:
    did pretty sh.t, got CCE, I am doing a foundation year at keele, which is a good course considering the grades i got

ReputationRep:
    I worked really hard, revised from the beginning of the year, and frequently got A grades on homework assignments, yet could not get higher than a C for overall A level results. Makes me really wish that I had taken a different course.

It's a little depressing seeing threads full of people who got all As and A*s or are disappointed with B grades. I'm not really complaining about them -- I understand it's disappointing not to quite reach your goals even if those goals are extremely high. But some of us found A levels particularly tough and had to work very hard just to scrape our passes.

Anyone else out there? I imagine generally people with grades like AAA are more inclined to post than those with lower passes like mine (CCD) but statistically not everyone can have gotten the very top grades.

Maybe seeing some threads like this in the mix will help some of the less high-achieving students feel less pressured, ashamed or alone
    Be proud of what you have achieved, passing A levels is not easy at all, and particularly with the subjects you choose. Maths is so much harder than any other A level subject I don't really know how it can be compared to some of the subjects you can get an A level in...

ReputationRep:
    I got D*ACCc - was dissapointed as I was 1 UMS off a B for computing and that's what I'm going to study but I got in anyway ^^ So I guess everything has a way of working out

ReputationRep:

Sorry only just read this, I'm going to get rid of my post. Wish you the best of luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angoranimi)
    I know the grades aren't terrible but I got A*AB (up from BBBC last year) and I really want to apply for medicine (AAA) for 2017 entry but my chances are now very slim
    You do realise A*AB is equivalent to AAA. You'll be able to do medicine with those grades.

ReputationRep:
    I was predicted ABB/BBB and ended up getting BBC (plus A in epq) so i know exactly how you're feeling! So disappointed I got a C, particularly because i worked my ass off this year. Taking a gap year anyway so might resit some papers! Life is unfair sometimes man x

ReputationRep:
    Yeh I feel yah.

Bruh I used to do really well too got like all A* and A in GCSE and 3A and B in AS cuz I would just bust my ass revising. But today got BCD lol for Biology, Chemistry and Maths for my A2. I worked my ass off as usual too which makes it worse.

But don't worry you've actually done quite well because those subjects are solid! There's still plenty of options like taking a gap year (like me) and re-sitting a couple of modules and re-apply for next year's cycle. Whatever you do, good luck! Don't let the high achievers put you down!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _demimc_)
    I was predicted ABB/BBB and ended up getting BBC (plus A in epq) so i know exactly how you're feeling! So disappointed I got a C, particularly because i worked my ass off this year. Taking a gap year anyway so might resit some papers! Life is unfair sometimes man x
    I was too, i got ABC plus an A* in Extended Project but i was most annoyed about my C in german- i know my speaking went badly but i don't understand how i did so badly in the written exam?

Unfortunately, i didn't get into either my firm or insurance but have received an unconditional offer from York University to study Music so i am happy.

If you didn't get the grades you wanted, then i am sorry. But its honestly not the end of the world (like i thought about 3 hours ago).

I know people will be fed up of it (including myself) and i am being a hypocrite but there is a way around it, whether you think so or not.

All the best. Peace ^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    Just note that TSR is entirely unrepresentative of people's results in general. Best to avoid trawling through the pages of top results.
    why isn't it representative?

ReputationRep:
    I got a C and an E, I'll probably fast track something next year and finish off an AS to get 1-2 more A-Levels.

An E in Music Technology, which was a total and utter farce, waste of two years of my life, in which most people did worse than I did! Two people got Cs and they were really good at it. I got a U in the coursework last year which prevented me from getting a D (WHOOPIE!) this year!

A C in AQA Biology, should've been a B (I got B E B C B(nearly an A in this one) A in the AS and A2 units), but I did go from a scraped D at AS then getting a U in the Mock in January, which caused me to work my ass off for pretty much the first time in my life, to being 20 UMS, so about 10 raw marks, away from a B overall so I guess I should be proud of that. It's just too bad my bad AS result in unit 2 (I retook unit 1 but wasted the time I could've used taking the other one on a Music Technology retake, in which I gained 1 UMS mark (MONEY WELL SPENT!)) came back to haunt me and dragged me down a bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by citibankrec)
    why isn't it representative?
    Well, far more top students go on TSR and they will additionally be more liable to post (assuming they get the top grades). Obviously many people are getting these grades (though I assume some trolls will say they got 5A*s or so for banter), but I mean in terms of representing the population as a whole, it's wholly inaccurate.

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, Just thought I'd share a brief testimonial to encourage you ! I completed my A-levels three years ago with a BCC, with CCDC at AS level in 2012. I graduated university with a 2.1 honours degree in sociology and communications.
    so please do not give up your dreams just yet all things are possible. Good luck with it all : )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bj1)
    Thank you, I thought the same too, especially UCL since it's off by a grade. Durham I guess is two grades but even still they didn't even take the EPQ or separate personal statement into account.
    I applied for natural sciences (bio/earth science) at Durham and biological sciences at UCL. I'm looking around for biological sciences or environmental sciences clearing vacancies. Email has been sent to Bristol and I have phoned Nottingham and awaiting a decision. How many different unis can you call/get offers from for clearing?
    Hi there, York has Natural Sciences and Environmental Sciences in Clearing. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PageNotFound)
    Hi there, York has Natural Sciences and Environmental Sciences in Clearing. Good luck!
    Thank you! For some reason all the natural sciences requires maths but I'll certainly ask them about environmental sciences. Thanks again and hope you did well too!

ReputationRep:
    I've had the exact same thing today. I worked extremely hard to up my grades from last year even by resitting.
    AQA have completely cocked up the results I got in Product design. I got full marks for my coursework earlier in the year but when I got my results today the moderators (WHO HAD SEEMED EXTREMELY POSITIVE OF MY WORK) marked me down from A's to D's... all my class mates had similar results and we are becoming very bitter over this because we all worked So SO SO hard for this.

I got BCC overall but i usually get A's and i was so disappointed with myself because I've been revising my Product Design since last August.... I don't know what happened either
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by maggielovesroses)
    I've had the exact same thing today. I worked extremely hard to up my grades from last year even by resitting.
    AQA have completely cocked up the results I got in Product design. I got full marks for my coursework earlier in the year but when I got my results today the moderators (WHO HAD SEEMED EXTREMELY POSITIVE OF MY WORK) marked me down from A's to D's... all my class mates had similar results and we are becoming very bitter over this because we all worked So SO SO hard for this.

I got BCC overall but i usually get A's and i was so disappointed with myself because I've been revising my Product Design since last August.... I don't know what happened either
    I'm really sorry, that sucks and seems completely unfair

Just remember your grades don't define you

ReputationRep:
    I only got CCC in my A-Levels in 2012, and I have recently graduated with a 1st class degree and will be studying my postgraduate at Cambridge. Nothing is impossible.

I remember feeling like my life was over at the time, as even clearing universities were rejecting me. Just keep your head up and keep going!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.