Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Saw it last night, and being a massive fan of the original cartoons was expecting to be really bad in comparison, but I loved every minute of it! Took my girlfriend along, who's never seen the show before and she thought it was the best film of 2007 so far!

Very funny, awesome CGI, and just non stop action. Absolutely superb!

It's just a shame the had to edit some of the character designs so much, that there was so Soundwave, that Jazz was killed off after having no time on screen, and that the scenes showing Starscream trying to betray Megatron as usual were cut from the film.

Will definitely be getting this on Blu-ray when it comes out!

ReputationRep:
    10/10. I loved it.

And Megan Fox looked stunning.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently Volton is also coming to the big screen next year, they managed to make transformers work so it might work with a decent budget and people behind it.

I thought it was really good , CGI was stunning. Hope they make a sequel.

ReputationRep:
    Transformers was just out of this world, the CGI and the visuals were mindblowing. The only bit I didnt really like was the Shia Lebouf or whatever his name is, anyway the guy who played Sam. Most of his comedic moments especially with his parents just werent funny, I found him to be a rather irritating character. But yeah, I knew nothing about transformers going into this film and I absolutely loved it.

ReputationRep:
    To be frank, I was more glued to the screen due to Megan Fox than the Transformers. She was absolutely stunning.

The movie, on the whole, wasn't that great at all. Very predictable, acting wasn't special, the dialogue delivery was ordinary, and I'm not a big fan of over used special effects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Adarshster)
    The movie, on the whole, wasn't that great at all. Very predictable, acting wasn't special, the dialogue delivery was ordinary, and I'm not a big fan of over used special effects.
    Seriously, what were expecting going in to see this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pav27)
    Seriously, what were expecting going in to see this?
    I wasn't expecting much, tbh. I was dragged in by my friends. I still thought it'd have some decent acting and a decent plot since it's been getting some good reviews.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1.9.8.4.)
    Michael Bay should not be allowed to make movies. Period.
    There was a really funny quote in the Times review of this film, "That moment more than anything sums up everything I hate about Bay’s braindead machismo – this dumb, thuggish movie is the directorial equivalent of Bay beating his chest and waving his penis at us for a couple of hours" :toofunny:

But still I was a transformers fan when I was younger so will watch it eventually, wait for DVD probably.

Heres me in my transformers gear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pav27)
    I thought the plot was good.
    Sorry but how many films have you seen exactly? Transformers had a very basic plot which pretty much just provided a framework for the action.
    It was pretty good on the whole though - CGI was fantastic and there were some funny moments. Hugo Weaving as Megatron was a nice surprise too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by conoraq)
    Sorry but how many films have you seen exactly? Transformers had a very basic plot which pretty much just provided a framework for the action.
    It was pretty good on the whole though - CGI was fantastic and there were some funny moments. Hugo Weaving as Megatron was a nice surprise too
    They kept the general theme close to source (very important), introduced both sets of Transformers reasonabley well and didn't overload the story with unecessary rubbish. It was a good plot, for what was required. Complexity doesn't = good, winds me up when people are critical of such things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by conoraq)
    That comment just made me laugh out loud. So, conoraq; how many action movies have you seen? Because it can't be that many, otherwise you'd know that stories for action movies are rarely more than framework for the actual action. The ones that have great stories are the exception, not the norm. :rolleyes:

As far as Transformers goes, it didn't really have to have a great story to be a hugely entertaining movie. Servicable would've been more than adequate, and from what I've heard, it's verging on a genuinely good story for an action flick. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bah! Work!)
    It's just a shame the had to edit some of the character designs so much, that there was so Soundwave, that Jazz was killed off after having no time on screen, and that the scenes showing Starscream trying to betray Megatron as usual were cut from the film.
    If you get the chance, read the comic they used as a prelude to the movie, you get some of Starscream's good old hate for Megatron shown in it.

I wish Starscream had more lines.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely agreed. This film was amazing, probably the best ever in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Great movie, i really enjoyed watching it, the action, the effects and the whole idea of protect and destroy amongst robots was amazing definitely 10/10

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brak3n)
    The lubricated jokes seem to fall a bit flat.
    Your probably not an 80s cartoon fan. The line of "he leaked lubricant on me" by ironhide is a nod to the 80s cartoon

Ironhides catch phrase in that was "leaking lubricants"

the film had many such nods to the G1 series especially the line of "one shall stand one shall fall"

ReputationRep:
    Which Autobot died in the end?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cadre_Of_Storms)
    Your probably not an 80s cartoon fan. The line of "he leaked lubricant on me" by ironhide is a nod to the 80s cartoon

Ironhides catch phrase in that was "leaking lubricants"

the film had many such nods to the G1 series especially the line of "one shall stand one shall fall"
    Yeah, every time I heard a line from the G1 series, I was giddy like a little school girl. Shame my friends didn't seem to share the same sentiment (due to not knowing) :mad:

(Original post by Andy Pipkin)
    Which Autobot died in the end?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Jazz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tabris)
    Yeah, every time I heard a line from the G1 series, I was giddy like a little school girl. Shame my friends didn't seem to share the same sentiment (due to not knowing) :mad:
    i know what you mean, when i heard Prime say one shall stand one shall fall i made a very strange sound kinda between and orgasmic moan and a chipmonks sqeak

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tabris)
    If you get the chance, read the comic they used as a prelude to the movie, you get some of Starscream's good old hate for Megatron shown in it.

I wish Starscream had more lines.
    Oh Starscream, you conniving little ferret...

I loved his voice in the old series, which was diabolical and snivelling at the same time as I recall.

Quite enjoyed 'Transformers'; thought the first half was much stronger than the second. Couldn't believe that they killed Jazz. Thought Shia LeBeouf (sp?) outclassed Megan Fox.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 25, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.