Chinese at University of Leeds.

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeePanda)
    They said it's nothing to worry about, it was something they did in previous years but don't do any more! Whew!
    Oh good I was so worried I though I was going to be behind ! Thanks for updating !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thaliawaters)
    Hello! I'm not taking Chinese however I hope to be doing the Asia Pacific Studies at Leeds as well alongside Japanese. I haven't come across many people who are taking Asia Pacific so it'll be lovely to hear about your experiences in the course when you go! (I'll be taking a gap year then applying for it☺️)
    Hi there, I'm doing Asia Pacific Studies this year ! 😁😊

ReputationRep:
    When are you guys all moving in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blues Clues)
    Moved in last Saturday to iQ accommodation~ One of my flat mates is doing Chinese and linguistics

ReputationRep:
    Im moving in this Friday at Pennine House😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeePanda)
    Moved in last Saturday to iQ accommodation~ One of my flat mates is doing Chinese and linguistics
    So lucky that you got someone doing the same course !

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, guessing most of you went to the induction yesterday for Chinese. I need some help, when is our next lecture? I'm finding the time tables really hard to comprehend

ReputationRep:
    Friday from 9am in the Michael Sadler Building from 4.17, then in the Rupert Beckett lecture theatre downstairs from 10 and then we'll probably figure out where the next building is afterwards haha

ReputationRep:
    Friday from 9am in the Michael Sadler Building from 4.17, then in the Rupert Beckett lecture theatre downstairs from 10 and then we'll probably figure out where the next building is afterwards haha
    Ok cool thanks so much also, have you ordered the books? because when I go to order them it asks for my address but the lecturer said we had to pick them up?

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I'm not taking Chinese however I hope to be doing the Asia Pacific Studies at Leeds as well alongside Japanese. I haven't come across many people who are taking Asia Pacific so it'll be lovely to hear about your experiences in the course when you go! (I'll be taking a gap year then applying for it☺️)

Hey

I'm also applying for Asia Pacific Studies, but with Chinese. It's great to hear from someone else interested in that subject. So will you be entering in 2018 then? What are you doing for your gap year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fifitheflower)
    Hey guys,

So I just got accepted to Leeds for Asia Pacific Studies and Chinese starting this September, so I thought I would start a discussion so we can all meet each other before hand.
    Hey

I'm applying for the exact same course for 2017. How are you finding it so far. Hopefully I can get accepted and see you around campus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fifitheflower)
    Hi! Nice to meet another girl haha. I'm also basically completely new to Chinese aapart from being able to understand simple conversation.
    Same here! I have like zero knowledge of Chinese. But at least I have a year to try since I'm applying for 2017. How are you finding the workload? if you have already started that is. My name is Ogechi btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oanucha)
    Hey

I'm also applying for Asia Pacific Studies, but with Chinese. It's great to hear from someone else interested in that subject. So will you be entering in 2018 then? What are you doing for your gap year?
    Ooo that's cool nice to meet you!! Yeah, applying now if that's possible and deferring. I'll most likely go travelling, either spend the majority of my time in South East Asia or Japan/Korean, could do some voluntary work as well but I'll need to think about money first How about you? are you applying for 2017?

ReputationRep:
    Ooo that's cool nice to meet you!! Yeah, applying now if that's possible and deferring. I'll most likely go travelling, either spend the majority of my time in South East Asia or Japan/Korean, could do some voluntary work as well but I'll need to think about money first How about you? are you applying for 2017?
    Yeah I'm applying for 2017, but I might be thinking of a gap year too. How did you get interested in South East Asia? I started through kpop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oanucha)
    Yeah I'm applying for 2017, but I might be thinking of a gap year too. How did you get interested in South East Asia? I started through kpop.
    Nice! Same here!! I've always loved Asia having spent a lot of my holidays backpacking and traveling with family and I've always had an interest Japanese culture where obviously I became interested in Korea through kpop and kdramas. I would loveee to do an exchange year in Korea if possible☺️

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 23, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.