The Current Year 12 thread 2016-2017

Announcements Posted on
TSR looking different to you this week? Find out why here. 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Totally stole this layout but, i'm Ellie and I live in Wales.

At GCSE I got 9A*s and 2As.

What are your hobbies and interests?
    Honestly I just watch endless documentaries, play the sims and get too emotionally invested in the arrowverse TV shows, Agents of Shield and Marvel films in general...

What subjects are you planning to take?
    Maths Mechanics, Physics, Chemistry and Geography (if possible I will take French instead of geog)

Your favourite subject(s)?
    Physics and Chemistry, what can I say I love science and my teachers made it extremely enjoyable and interesting throughout my GCSEs!

Your ideal future occupation?
    I want to be an aeronautical/aerospace engineer, or maybe something to do with physics or chemistry? I guess we will see how much I enjoy my A-Levels

- Introduce yourself

My parents named me Benedict, but everyone calls me Cumberbatch. I cried too much watching 'The Theory of Everything'.

- What are your hobbies and interests?

Cycling, anime and teen/young adult fictional romance books.

- What subjects are you planning to take?

Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths.

- Your favourite subject(s)?

I would say Physics slightly edges the others.

- Your ideal future occupation?

A physician or a surgeon.

ReputationRep:
    Never done this before but nvm

- Introduce yourself + Hobbies and interests

I don't have many hobbies really , I enjoy playing tennis, watching House M.D. on Netflix and doing maths and of course my main hobby is waiting for the 25th at the moment...

Predicted Grades/What I get (to be updated):

English Language (CIE): A* (2015)
    History (OCR): A*/ A* (200 UMS)
    Geography (AQA): A*/ A* (395 UMS)
    French (Edexcel): A / A
    English Literature (CIE): A / A*
    Maths (Edexcel): A*/ A* (97%)
    Biology (Edexcel): A*/ A* (91%)
    Chemistry (Edexcel): A*/ A* (89%)
    Physics (Edexcel): A / A*
    - What subjects are you planning to take?Biology, Chemistry, Maths and maybe Government and Politics to A2- Your favourite subject(s)?It's a pretty tough choice between Biology, Chemistry and Maths, I enjoyed the maths exams the most I guess - Your ideal future occupation?

Not really sure, medicine or law would be most interesting

ReputationRep:
    Hello! My name is Nin-kaii and i'm going to a sixth form college. I love drawing (on a pc) and messing with computers, as well as learning stuff. Currently teaching myself Japanese during the summer as my third language (as well as giving myself a head start with my a levels )
    I'm taking media studies, fine art and computer science. I love each of them and want to do something VFX animation related as a career.
    Obviously those are my favorite subjects. (in the order: CS, FA then MS) However I really also enjoyed all three sciences at GCSE, and I'm a little sad I can't take them any further.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ColossalAtom)
    Welcome to the official Year 12 Thread! (2016-2017) :bigsmile::borat::bunny::clap2::dance::elefant::excited:

I'm always continuously editing.
    Introduce yourself
    Hi, my name is Vanessa and I'm going to a sixth form in London.

Piano, Guitar, Figure skating, singing, reading and maths. Watch wayyyy to much Casualty.

Maths, Further maths, Physics, Chemistry and Biology
    MATHS! Physics and Chemistry come in a close second and third though.

Either a medical doctor or an engineer

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm Katie!

I'm a musical theatre addict, and I sing, and play trumpet and piano - but never perform!

I'm one of the few people who doesn't seem to know what they're doing for definite next year... I'm either going to college to study BTEC level 3, health and social care extended diploma, or sixth form to study BTEC level 3 health and social care diploma, and hopefully biology.

I don't think I've got the B I need to study biology though. Sixth form is my preference because it is a part of my school so I know it well etc. College would be a better option for my future, but I don't deal with change well!!

Good luck with your results everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Stole Someones layout

- Introduce yourself + Hobbies and interests

Hi, I'm going to 6th form in Sheffield.
    I enjoy flying planes! Whether it be on sim or in the real world (rc I'm not yet a pilot )

Predicted Grades are in () What I get (to be updated in []):

Maths (A/A*)
    English Language(A/B)
    English Literature(A/A*)
    Core Science (A) [A]

ReputationRep:
    For people who have started learning their courses, did you begin by recapping gcse and then reading through an exam board specific course book? Also is it hard to self teach AS?

Im thinking i might have to self teach in September as some teachers in my school have a reputation for not caring

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Do it Right)
    For people who have started learning their courses, did you begin by recapping gcse and then reading through an exam board specific course book? Also is it hard to self teach AS?

Im thinking i might have to self teach in September as some teachers in my school have a reputation for not caring
    Depends, at the moment I'm self teaching c1 maths as it's just A/A* GCSE Material.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Introduce yourself
    actually really excited for year 12

I love playing Hockey, anything Outdoors and tv shows like Game of thrones, the walking dead, Mr robot, stranger things.

English, Biology, Geography and Sociology or Philosophy

Definitely Literature and Geography

No idea, perhaps teaching, i only see myself studying Geography or English at Uni

ReputationRep:
    Introduce Yourself
    Hiya, my name is Ada and I'm planning to stay in Sixth Form if I get the required grades (fingers crossed :bubbles:).

Hobbies and Interests
    I don't really have exciting hobbies; I love watching TV series (The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad! :heart:) and Anime, reading Manga, playing games (LoL, Osu!, The Sims and much more XD) and hanging out with friends. :loveduck:

Subject Choice
    I am still not 100% sure on all my subjects I want to take but I'm definitely taking Graphics, ICT, Philosophy&Ethics. With my fourth choice I am struggling between Business Studies, Computing or History. :sigh:

Favourite Subject
    Graphics! :love: Even though I can't draw

Ideal Future Occupation
    I hope to become a graphic designer (suprise suprise :giggle:) or something to do with ICT. :lovedup:

Nice to meet y'all!

Any other 16 year old work as well? Or planning to find a job?

ReputationRep:
    I want to try and look for a part time job as soon as we get our results, have you tried yet?

(Original post by xSailorMoonQueen)
    I want to try and look for a part time job as soon as we get our results, have you tried yet?
    I'm already working. But during school term, I only want to do 8-12 hours a week. I recently accepted to do 20 hours during bank holiday week.

R.I.P my body from August 29th to 2nd of September.

ReputationRep:
    I'm planning to see what my workload is and then apply. I have a few in mind at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    I'm already working. But during school term, I only want to do 8-12 hours a week. I recently accepted to do 20 hours during bank holiday week.

R.I.P my body from August 29th to 2nd of September.
    Woah, that's a lot! Let's all pray for you
    What is your job if you don't mind asking?

(Original post by xSailorMoonQueen)
    Woah, that's a lot! Let's all pray for you
    What is your job if you don't mind asking?
    Unloading packages onto a conveyor belt and sorting them into the appropriate area.

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to, but then I decided I'd enjoy my summer more if I just continued what I was doing before, which is selling my art online lol
    I refuse to work in a supermarket or any kind of job like that, waste of time

ReputationRep:
    Heya! My name is Amy and I will be moving to a new school to sit my a-levels.
    I have a deep love for watching Sherlock and Supernatural, reading (especially Harry Potter and The Hunger Games series... which I have done way to many times.) Baking is a great hobby that I use to de-stress and also just make yummy treats that put a smile on peoples faces.
    I hope to be studying Biology, Psychology and Health&Social Care at a-level (the school do not allow students to sit 4 a-levels as we do work experience every month instead).
    My favourite subjects were always French and Mathematics and so they are my back up A-level choices just incase I do not get my Additional Science grade.
    I aspire to be a Primary School Teacher and wish to sit a teacher training course at Newman University.

ReputationRep:
    HELLO BEAUTIFUL PEOPLES:excited:
    My name is Fatimah My hobbies include reading books, listening to music and talking to friends (I'm such an interesting person haha)
    I'm planning to take Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Economics for A level. Let's just hope I get the grades i need to do them
    I guess my favourite subjects would be Maths (sometimes) and Biology.
    My ideal future occupation is probably going to be Paediatrician or something to do with how the mind works (I want to medicine or something along the lines of medicine in the future).

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 8, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.