Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Durham University 2017 Applicants Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    I am applying for PPE (sort of reapplying.. got an offer last year but decided to apply again this year). I didn't do A-Levels but an international qualification (German Abitur 1,0 if anyone can make anything of this )
    Last year I applied to Chad's and got allocated to Hild & Bede, this year I am going to apply to Castle/University
    I also can sort of confirm that they don't send offers too early. I got my offer in February and applied in October.
    I still hope that they are not mad at me for rejecting them last year..
    I hope everyone here gets an offer, good luck!

ReputationRep:
    just found out that this year durham are doing an entrance exam for maths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KloppOClock)
    I only just found out too!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bananabrain12345)
    cost me £39 to register!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scblx)
    I am applying for PPE (sort of reapplying.. got an offer last year but decided to apply again this year). I didn't do A-Levels but an international qualification (German Abitur 1,0 if anyone can make anything of this )
    Last year I applied to Chad's and got allocated to Hild & Bede, this year I am going to apply to Castle/University
    I also can sort of confirm that they don't send offers too early. I got my offer in February and applied in October.
    I still hope that they are not mad at me for rejecting them last year..
    I hope everyone here gets an offer, good luck!

Well, good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bananabrain12345)
    To be fair, it looks like a pretty easy entrance exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    To be fair, it looks like a pretty easy entrance exam.
    yeah and a good result in the exam could lead to a reduced offer

ReputationRep:
    yeah and a good result in the exam could lead to a reduced offer
    Good luck! Which college are you thinking of putting as your preference?

ReputationRep:
    Good luck! Which college are you thinking of putting as your preference?
    no idea so far, and im sending off my application tomorrow. if i dont decide then ill just do an open application.

what about you?

ReputationRep:
    no idea so far, and im sending off my application tomorrow. if i dont decide then ill just do an open application.

what about you?
    St Mary's!!! It was really nice and well located too. The buildings are nice, the rooms are a good size and the grounds are lovely! I'd strongly recommend applying

ReputationRep:
    St Mary's!!! It was really nice and well located too. The buildings are nice, the rooms are a good size and the grounds are lovely! I'd strongly recommend applying
    I'll give it a look the only college that I don't really like is St Johns

ReputationRep:
    Hello!!
    At AS level I got AAAB and I'm not sure about my predicted grades yet as my teachers are yet to finalise them (possibly AAA/A*AA). I'm applying for geology and hopefully to St Hild and St Bede!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone

GCSE: 3A*,4A,3B
    A2; A*A*A (maths, further maths, physics)

Applying for Natural Sciences (maths and computer science)

Am I right in saying Josephine Butler is the only self-catered accommodation? I have it chosen currently only because I really want to be self-catered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DylanJ42)
    Hey everyone

GCSE: 3A*,4A,3B
    A2; A*A*A (maths, further maths, physics)

Applying for Natural Sciences (maths and computer science)

Am I right in saying Josephine Butler is the only self-catered accommodation? I have it chosen currently only because I really want to be self-catered.
    yes and st cuthberts which offers all 3. Self catered is significantly cheaper so it's a shame only 2 places offer it :s makes me worried in case they allocate me else where if accepted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theawesomejem)
    yes and st cuthberts which offers all 3. Self catered is significantly cheaper so it's a shame only 2 places offer it :s makes me worried in case they allocate me else where if accepted
    Thank you for letting me know. its crazy how they dont have more self catered colleges actually

yea I agree with the cost thing, especially as i can barely eat anything first thing in the morning so id be paying for nothing basically. Also for me my days would just be too rigid if I had to go for lunch and dinner at certain times.

ReputationRep:
    Applying for Maths at Hatfield. Would love to study at Durham, and ex girlfriend of mine was a Hatfielder back in the day.

I'll be doing the entrance exam I expect, as it'll give my application something a little extra.

ReputationRep:
    Someone should make a facebook group!

ReputationRep:
    [to the person who gave me the positive rating]
    I'd make one, but I'm blind and don't really know how it works... I mean, I wouldn't be able to upload a photo or add a description, but if you could PM me, I'd give you my full name so you can add me, create the group and make you an admin.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!

Applying to study Law

GCSEs: 10A*s, 1A
    IB: 43/45

Struggling between either St Mary's or University College, any advice?

ReputationRep:
    GCSES: 11A* 1A
    AS: AAAAB
    Predicted: A*A*A*A
    Subject: Economics
    College: University

Poll
Is GoT overrated?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.