The Student Room Group

What is the most horrific thing to happen to you in your life?

Scroll to see replies

Being betrayed by the only person I've ever truly cared about. Even several years later I'm negatively affected by this; I am incapable of sustaining relationships with people. Although I know that most people wouldn't betray me as brutally as this one person did, I am seemingly incapable of loving someone. It's not simply a matter of not being able to trust people (because I can), but I just cannot feel the same way I could before. Strong positive feelings towards people just don't happen for me any more. It's not a conscious decision at all, because I don't want this to be the case. This has already ruined several short term relationships which would have otherwise been great. I can't properly sum up this situation in a single paragraph, but I've done my best.
Edexcel failing to send any A2 Maths results to UCAS until yesterday! Consequently, my first choice uni can't send out any offers until all of the results have been collated. Hoping to go to Sheffiield University to study Electronic & Electrical Engineering, but still waiting for the offer that I thought I'd get at 8am on Thursday. If I have to press the refresh button on UCAS Track one more time, I think I'll go crazy! Is anyone else out there in the same position? Praying for an unconditional offer today 😩
I would post about domestic abuse and bullying myself but it seems laughably trivial compared to some of the stuff people are saying on here
Got bantered off 2 years ago.
I sat a WJEC exam once. I mean, I also got molested by a sadistic clown who made me try to breed with his pet cow called Betty, but, I mean, a WJEC exam, cmon.
Reply 45
Original post by davidguettafan
Mine is the bullying from hell I suffered every day for 5 years :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was relentlessly bullied for 7 years (and still am) it was so severe that I was
hospitalised due to being kicked in the balls so hard they thought I would never have children again I think I was vomiting blood

I nearly drowned to death in a pool it happened like this I was around 7 and my
cousin was 10 I didn't know how to swim so I was in the shallow bit of the pool he put me on his shoulders and then jumped into the deep end without telling me
I was too scared to get off his shoulders because I would drown but I was pushing him down making him drown so I sacrificed myself for him and jumped off his shoulders letting him rise up for breath he then got out the pool thinking I escaped but I was at the bottom of the pool trying to jump to the surface but I couldn't do it Ithen slowly sunk down and just looked up through the water and I felt at peace I
didn't want to resist anymore and then at the last moment some fat kid grabbed me and then dragged me to the surface I was in shock afterwards so I don't
remember anything after that

a door handle penetrated my head due to my cousins sister slamming a door
straight in my face while I was chasing my cousin

my kitten got ran over and its spine broke so it dragged its self to the pavement
with its 2 front legs and the back ones were just trailing behind it (its entire lower body was paralysed) it died infront of me

my best friend fell onto a knife and it penetrated his heart killing him
(I was 2 he was 4) R.I.P Brandon

I was at a holiday and some random irish kid picked me up and dropped me on my head (don't know why)

I have also been suffering with insomnia since the age of 12 and I know that I have probably shortened my lifespan
as I am typing this to you now I have been up for 2 days and only a couple hours of sleep so it makes me depressed
I crie
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 46
I have also been suffering with insomnia since the age of 12 and I have probably shortened my lifespan like literally as I am typing this now I have been up for the past 2 days with only a couple hours of sleep
so it makes me depressed
I crie
Original post by davidguettafan
That's terrible :frown:. If you don't mind me asking, what happened to cause his death?

Posted from TSR Mobile

This content is potentially distressing

(edited 7 years ago)
My most horrific moment was almost being hit by a bus.

It really felt like death was upon me.

I really need to watch where i am going and stop at the traffic lights
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
When a close friend of mine attempted suicide and was in hospital for awhile.

It terrified and saddened me to my very core. :frown:

:cry2:
Original post by markova21
x

Ahh sad :frown: See what a few nasty actions and words can do to people, especially people with mental health issues?
(edited 7 years ago)
Losing my godmum
Best friend killed herself
And I saw a puppy being run over when I was little. I couldn't stop crying.
I ate an ant once

seems I can't really compare to everyone here :3
Original post by Danny the Geezer
Ahh sad :frown: See what a few nasty actions and words can do to people, especially people with mental health issues?

This content is potentially distressing

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by markova21
x.

My Dad was a monster and a nightmare to grow up with when I was a child I have no doubt that that, as well as other factors, have had an impact on my mental health. But people don't care...they'll say and do what they please to their own family and sometimes......they push them too far.
(edited 7 years ago)
Learning to drive
Original post by saraxh

Spoiler

I'm sorry :frown:
Burnt my hand once, so badly it turned black but thankfully it was only a 2nd degree burn so as soon as the top layer of skin came off my hand healed. the pain however was truly horrific
I lost the ability to walk in Year 7, and went through hell with the NHS (including almost having to take them to court) because it's such a rare and complex condition, they decided it was better to pretend I was 'making it up' even though I was in agony for four years. It didn't really start recovering until Year 11, and I missed most of my secondary school career. When I was at secondary school, I got bullied very badly as well, so it was just an awful time really.
This thread doesn't allow anonymous posts so I'm not gonna say.

Quick Reply

Latest