The Student Room Group

Which science at A-level is harder

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Frank Peters
I was wondering which science from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology is the hardest because I have heard that Chemistry is hard, but I wanted to hear from more people since I may do chemistry at A-level

Please also give a reason why

Physics is the hardest to conceptually understand.
Chemistry just requires consistent work ethic.
Biology is just memorisation.
Biology ain't the easiest science that goes to psychology.Self taught it at GCSE ,got an A then my friend showed me his AS level psychology textbook and it's all the same as GCSE with slightly more content lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gnatt27
Biology ain't the easiest science that goes to psychology.Self taught it at GCSE ,got an A then my friend showed me his AS level psychology textbook and it's all the same as GCSE with slightly more content lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

OP was referring to natural sciences/hard ones.
Such a classic pleb. You even aware to do Maths/Engineering courses you need Physics? :facepalm:

I find Chem boring af and a useless science subject at A level if you're not going to a medical related career.
Its all subjective depending on your learning styles and what interests you. Recently finished year 12 so can't speak for the year 13 portion of work.

Hardest: Biology - boring AF, pure memorisation test in my opinion. Dropped it after ~2 weeks and picked up Computer Science instead.

Easiest: Physics - barely anything to remember, really interesting so its not as much of a chore when revising it.

Chemistry is pretty easy too though in my opinion, just a bit annoying have to remember ~50 colours of different compounds and stuff.
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Such a classic pleb. You even aware to do Maths/Engineering courses you need Physics? :facepalm:

I find Chem boring af and a useless science subject at A level if you're not going to a medical related career.

Couldn't you say Physics is a useless A Level if you're not planning on doing engineering? I mean the core, theoretical aspects of chemistry and physics makes it seem useless, but the applied principles that are taken from it with regards to structures/engineering and drug action makes them very important.
(edited 7 years ago)
Perhaps to an extent Biology is just applied Chemistry, and Chemistry is just applied Physics, but nonetheless there is no such thing as a 'useless' science or STEM subject for that matter. Each has its own purpose, applications, and career pathway.
Original post by Frank Peters
I was wondering which science from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology is the hardest because I have heard that Chemistry is hard, but I wanted to hear from more people since I may do chemistry at A-level

Please also give a reason why

Physics by far, it's basically just applied maths
Reply 48
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
Yeah, got 4A. Maths was pretty painful for me. School made us do D1 maths, and it's the most boring **** ever.

Nice job. Should have no problem next year.
Original post by meridian0
don't higher grade boundaries suggest people do better because it's easier...?

I guess but it wasn't an easy exam and hardly anyone I know who usually gets good grades got an A.
I find it better to do an subject with a "harder" exam with low grade boundaries then you're more likely to get a good grade (if you do the revision).
But I do see your point.
Physics is the easiest, providing you are good at maths
Biology is the hardest as it is so boring
Chemistry is between the two

Quick Reply

Latest