Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you find really clever people attractive? Watch

(Original post by Pinkberry_y)
    No no I'm serious when I'm really happy my friends and family will comment on how good I look as well. Whereas when I'm sad or stressed even my mum will say to me I look bad or ask me if I'm ill or she'll say my face doesn't look good
    you overthink things to much, calm down

ReputationRep:
    When da *****ez start reading the manual for the LHC, nothing gives me a better rager.

ReputationRep:
    Okay - what defines a nerd and do you find their traits attractive?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Pinkberry_y)
    I hope someone finds me attractive because of my brains at 6th form the guys I met were all intimidated by it and at uni all the guys are equally smart if not smarter so it doesn't wow them
    More to it than just brains. In fact they probably come quite far down the list.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    no most of them are ugly(no offence)
    This is true, but what's absolutely awesome is when they're super intelligent and good-looking.

This is true, but what's absolutely awesome is when they're super intelligent and good-looking.
    you know best

ReputationRep:
    its a bonus but not essential.

ReputationRep:
    Yes but not those that are pretentious and narcissistic about it.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but only those who wear their intellect well.

ReputationRep:
    There is a difference between being clever, and being wise.

I am definitely attracted to wise people. The person needs to be spiritual, empathetic, aware of the world around them, not just spout off facts.

ReputationRep:
    Yes my thoughts exactly & not just book-smart!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    it really depends on what you mean by "clever" - if you mean somebody who's something like oxbridge level - sure- they'd be very interesting to talk to. if you mean "one in a million genius", then probably not to be fair - they will be "too clever" in the sense that they will be very unworldly or at least too intelligent to talk to another person in a normal manner - for instance, they won't understand the limitations of "normal people"

ReputationRep:
    Hell yeah

ReputationRep:
    Yes 👍🏼 But not if they ain't arrogant about it. ☺️

ReputationRep:
    Yes, if they can make me think in ways I didn't before, that's attractive.

ReputationRep:
    Intelligent people, yes. But intelligence can manifest itself in many different ways. The person wouldn't need to be academically brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    What is intelligence? The ability to write an essay... talk in front of a room of people... study statistics for 3 days and spot a pattern... have a deeper understanding of life beyond your own needs?

Different people have different abilities and qualities. I'm not sure you can pigeon-hole intelligence.

ReputationRep:
    I'm always fascinated by inteligence, so y E s!

Nevertheless, as many people pointed out above, too much of it would be... well, too much. If you're too "clever", you stop getting surprised by things, which may lead to a version of you that always gets bored / gets bored easily. And that wouldn't be good for you nor the people around you.

ReputationRep:
    Yes absolutely. Clever guys are a massive turn on. There is something incredibly sexy about a guy who is cleverer than me especially when they are good at maths 😍

to look good, thats all boys care about(trust me I'm a boy i know)
    only the nerdy/unpopluar boys dont care about looks because it wont make a difference to them
    What a very warped perception of the world you have. You speak only for yourself and other like-minded twits when you say that only looks matter. To whomever your post was addressed, just be yourself, and if anybody has any aversion to you (which is terribly unlikely) it will be their own profound loss. In any case, 'intelligence' coupled with tenacity and dedication (or being a nerd as this ******* puts it) is a very attractive trait indeed.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 24, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.