Nutrition and Dietetics 2017 entry

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    Yes I have my final draft so far.

ReputationRep:
    I know what I'm going to include but I haven't finished writing it yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Econway10)
    Yes I have my final draft so far.
    How did you get going with it? I'm struggling with starting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrownEyedHijabi)
    I know what I'm going to include but I haven't finished writing it yet.
    I'm so stuck with writing it

ReputationRep:
    My other A2s are chemistry, biology, geography and an EPQ. I know these are the subjects I need, but just wondering if maths would be useful.
    Yeah, I'm doing biology and chemistry as well and psychology instead of geography.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rose.n)
    I'm so stuck with writing it
    I'm deffo coming Nottingham tomorrow btw are you? Our college gave us a structure and I kind of bullet pointed everything I wanted to include and asked my form tutor to look over it. She reordered/ crossed out some stuff and I've just started writing it properly. It's pretty hard tbh

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to Nottingham on Saturday. For your personal statement, try to get all your experiences and interests down first, and then you can add the start and conclusion. Just be prepared for anything you include because they may ask you to explain/give an example. Make it sound that you know what the course/career entails xx Be really careful with what language you use too - you want to come across like you know what you're taking about. X

ReputationRep:
    Don't get too many people to read over it and suggest things as it will end up not being your own xx Make sure you know it well x

ReputationRep:
    I'm deffo coming Nottingham tomorrow btw are you? Our college gave us a structure and I kind of bullet pointed everything I wanted to include and asked my form tutor to look over it. She reordered/ crossed out some stuff and I've just started writing it properly. It's pretty hard tbh
    I'm going on saturday! My college has given me stuff for it and i've written some notes I just don't know how to start off! I think once I get going i'll be okay!

I'm going to Nottingham on Saturday. For your personal statement, try to get all your experiences and interests down first, and then you can add the start and conclusion. Just be prepared for anything you include because they may ask you to explain/give an example. Make it sound that you know what the course/career entails xx Be really careful with what language you use too - you want to come across like you know what you're taking about. X
    Me too! Thanks so much for the advice!!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck!! Maybe I'll see you on Saturday x

ReputationRep:
    Good luck!! Maybe I'll see you on Saturday x
    Thank you! Did you write much about your work experience? x

ReputationRep:
    Only a small paragraph - I'm hoping they'll ask me to expand IF I get an interview x But definitely mention it if you have any x

ReputationRep:
    Only a small paragraph - I'm hoping they'll ask me to expand IF I get an interview x But definitely mention it if you have any x
    What did you guys think of nottingham?

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was ok but I definitely prefer a city university. The SB campus was a bit isolated, but the accommodation was nice. King's is still my first choice, but I'll definitely be applying to Nottingham. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was ok but I definitely prefer a city university. The SB campus was a bit isolated, but the accommodation was nice. King's is still my first choice, but I'll definitely be applying to Nottingham. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm stuck between Chester and Nottingham the first time I visited Nottingham (last summer) I felt like SB was isolated and I wasn't sure I liked the idea of accommodation being part catered but after going again today and asking more questions it has definitely grown on me! So I think it could be second choice but I'm going to visit Chester again in October! I'm so unsure now

ReputationRep:
    That's actually really good advice thank you x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rose.n)
    What did you guys think of nottingham?
    I quite liked the community feel of SB but I really wished it was a lot closer to something, its really isolated. I think I prefer a city based uni as well especially because I'm used to living close to town, It was still ok tho.

ReputationRep:
    What was Chester like? I don't think I'm going to apply there because it's too close to where I live and I want to move away xxx

ReputationRep:
    I quite liked the community feel of SB but I really wished it was a lot closer to something, its really isolated. I think I prefer a city based uni as well especially because I'm used to living close to town, It was still ok tho.
    what's your first choice?

What was Chester like? I don't think I'm going to apply there because it's too close to where I live and I want to move away xxx
    Chester was small and about 5/10 mins from the city centre, I loved the uni itself but I think the city sold it for me! It was such a nice area and loads of stuff to do there, shopping, cocktail bars, night clubs but it is a small city and uni which is why I know some people aren't so keen! Chester is 2hrs40 mins (with no traffic) so basically 3 hours from home which is the only downside!

ReputationRep:
    I keep changing my mind lol my first choice right now is probs KCL. I do need to visit Chester tho.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 6, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.