Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Immigration: Pro/Against and why? Watch

• View Poll Results: Immigratin-For of Against
    For
    77.78%
    Against
    22.22%

ReputationRep:
    Considering that my parents are immigrants, it would be weird for me to be against immigration. However, I am against immigration from Muslim countries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny the Geezer)
    It's like Brexit - you only get two options, there shouldn't be any grey areas unless you're a Lib Dem supporter :moon:
    And that's why referendums are ****. :/

ReputationRep:
    Personally I am against.

-Housing shortage as well as bringing down the house prices of areas with large migrant populations
    Housing shortage is down to successive governments selling off the housing stock and not replacing it. It is also down to the fact that our government allows 300,000 houses owned by billionaires to remain empty to keep house prices high.

-Strain on other public services such as hospitals, schools, public transport
    That's far more to do with a lack of investment and the selling off of our public services to private companies with a profit motive. Immigrants provide a net benefit to public services, contributing more than they take.

-Potentially more crime- petty theft, major theft, rape etc
    Statistics show that crime in immigrant populations is lower than average.

-Disease
    What?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Personally I am against.

-UK becoming increasingly more alien to UK nationals- Too many langauges, cultures etc A melting pot becomes a tinderbox.

- Lack of jobs for UK nationals.
    1. So what? Most people still know English and most migrants will adopt it at some point.

2. Can you demonstrate this in any way?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHallowvale)
    1. So what? Most people still know English and most migrants will adopt it at some point.

2. Can you demonstrate this in any way?
    Change ya avatar m8 the 'orse as bolted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHallowvale)
    And that's why referendums are ****. :/
    Nah there was a democratic vote with two clear choices and the public spoke.

ReputationRep:
    Immigration from the Colonies including India shouldnt even be an issue; we're a Brotherhood.

Everyone else, get out now....

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 23, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.