Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

    Your first port of call should be the student union advisers. They will have dealt with this situation before and know the relevant regulations at your uni.

    In very a very simple answer - yes you can. I did it myself for my first year starting at another uni after 2 years into my previous course because SFE refused to pay all my years.

    For self funding students, most unis have their own deadline (that is often in installments thay tally with SFE loan payments) that is a month after enrolement in September.
    If you look closely, even when SFE fund you they pay your uni in installments too.

    Best thing to do is contact the finance department of your uni and see if they will be ok if it it a few days late just incase your loan comes through late.

    Don't be put off doing it. It's hard work to save that cash and look after yourself but it is 1000% doable.
    Just double check SFE will either fund your third year or still give you that maintenance loan and you are ready to do the same for the next year.

    Really good luck to you!*
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.