2017 Consulting summer internships/Graduate scheme

Announcements Posted on
TSR looking different to you this week? Find out why here. 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellipses)
    Hey all, considering applying for a grad role in consulting after a year of big 4 assurance experience. Assessment day useful for these sorts of online tests?
    yes, that's the one I am using.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know if you have to do all the tests (i.e Numerical, verbal, critical) or do they pick one for a certain role? Put my application in for consulting in the actuary service line in deloitte.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayhanahad)
    Anyone know if you have to do all the tests (i.e Numerical, verbal, critical) or do they pick one for a certain role? Put my application in for consulting in the actuary service line in deloitte.
    I don't know about actuarial, but I have to take an hour long assessment of these mixed for normal consulting. Oh and that game.

Actuarial grad schemes 2017 thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4222798

ReputationRep:
    KPMG numerical and verbal are outrageous, so time pressured I dont think you're meant to finish and q hard content on top of that

ReputationRep:
    Ive just applied to the Human Capital Consultancy graduate scheme. I've just submitted my application form so I guess it'll be a couple of days before I hear anything back.

ReputationRep:
    What kind of consulting is everyone here interested in?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what places have strategy consulting internships?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by groovyd97)
    Anyone know what places have strategy consulting internships?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    the strategy consulting firms, maybe?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just wondered if anyone knew when would be too late to apply for the big4? do I need to be getting my applications in within the next couple of weeks for EY/KPMG?

Seems like Deloitte has already closed, but anyone know about the other three? - need to practice the tests!

ReputationRep:
    Do any of the strategy arms of the big 4 do consulting internships (other than PWC i think)?

ReputationRep:
    Do any of the strategy arms of the big 4 do consulting internships (other than PWC i think)?
    Yeah KPMG allows you to choose the strat group. Deloitte is general. EY-Parthenon has a summer programme.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erj2018)
    Just wondered if anyone knew when would be too late to apply for the big4? do I need to be getting my applications in within the next couple of weeks for EY/KPMG?

Seems like Deloitte has already closed, but anyone know about the other three? - need to practice the tests!
    Monitor Deloitte is still open I believe. Just apply asap to the big 4, preferably before the end of Sept.

ReputationRep:
    A lot of consulting companies are now open and more will be throughout this month

ReputationRep:
    Has the kpmg consulting/strategy internship closed already? All the others (tax,audit etc.) are there but I can't find management consulting or strategy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has the kpmg consulting/strategy internship closed already? All the others (tax,audit etc.) are there but I can't find management consulting or strategy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    it's called advisory at kpmg

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I got invited to an interview and group exercise for Deloitte consulting. What kinds of group exercises does Deloitte do, and what is invoved in them?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Alpha FMC consulting interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foxab77)
    Hi guys,

I got invited to an interview and group exercise for Deloitte consulting. What kinds of group exercises does Deloitte do, and what is invoved in them?

Thanks
    Hi! Which kind of consulting did you apply for?

I had an email saying that they'd like to invite me to the next stage as I'd passed the tests but still waiting for whats next (ive applied for strategy and operations consulting)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l.donaldson)
    Hi! Which kind of consulting did you apply for?

I had an email saying that they'd like to invite me to the next stage as I'd passed the tests but still waiting for whats next (ive applied for strategy and operations consulting)
    It was Consulting -Deloitte Summer Vac Scheme 2017 - Consulting (so the 'standard' mgmt consulting one)

Do you know how we can prepare for group exercises?

ReputationRep:
    Oh I see I've applied for a graduate role!

I haven't started researching anything yet about the assessment centre but I've had an internship this summer with the government and we did a practice assessment centre there where we practiced a group exercise so if it's anything like the one we did there you'll be given some literature to read on a topic so I was the environmental committee and another was commercial committee another was the community committee etc and you all have different
    Objectives so you need
    To show you can communicate well to communicate your personal objective but also meet a consensus showing team work so I imagine it'll be along the same lines where we'll each have a different project we have to brief about and we need to decide the best one as a group

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.