Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    it doesn't really matter how many times it took to pass the test, just cuz you passed first time doesn't make you a better driver......

and i'm just good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYaSSS)
    it doesn't really matter how many times it took to pass the test, just cuz you passed first time doesn't make you a better driver......

and i'm just good
    No passing first time doesn't make you a better driver, but failing 5 times does make you a dodgy one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quiksilver)
    ive always wondered if you could just pay someone (with points to spare), to take the blame for the speeding :confused:
    technological advances have taken place and new cameras are to be implemented which takes the picture of the person in the car

**** i hate it when i talk liek that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    No passing first time doesn't make you a better driver, but failing 5 times does make you a dodgy one
    maybe, but at least I passed and that's all that matters; along with the fact I havent had a prang yet * touch wood *

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    wouldnt it mean that he had far more experience prior to passing his test - less likely to be dangerous compared to someone who passed first time

ReputationRep:
    ive always wondered if you could just pay someone (with points to spare), to take the blame for the speeding :confused:
    they'd have to be insured to drive on your car for starters (or fully comprehensive) and risk going to jail if a picture of them driving as opposed to the actual driver was taken.

ReputationRep:
    wouldnt it mean that he had far more experience prior to passing his test - less likely to be dangerous compared to someone who passed first time
    That could be true, althought it could also be said the person lacks concentration and/or coordination and repeatedly makes the same errors.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    That could be true, althought it could also be said the person lacks concentration and/or coordination and repeatedly makes the same errors.
    or luck isn't in their favour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    they'd have to be insured to drive on your car for starters (or fully comprehensive) and risk going to jail if a picture of them driving as opposed to the actual driver was taken.
    picture of them driving? how can their face be seen?

ReputationRep:
    picture of them driving? how can their face be seen?
    well it wouldn't by the speed camera (prob have to get someone with the same hair colour as you though!) - but if the authorities were bored they could always look at pictures from a nearby roadside camera near the same time the speeding took place. it has been known.

ReputationRep:
    I have 3 points on my license, yea.. when you get that letter through the post headed "Kent Police" and "Notice of Intended Prosecution" in bold.. you just think "ohhhhhhhhhh ....", ruined my day that did! But ah well, £60 and 3 points.. worst thing is that i was doing 36mph in a 30 zone. Okay fair enough, yes, it's still illegal at 31, but y'know.. I was quite angry with myself for doing it for a few weeks, but you get over it. AND it must have been some ******* copper with his mobile gun thing, there aren't any speed cameras on that road.

I have to say though, it definately teaches you a lesson.. i could REALLY do with that £60 at the minute, and ofcourse, that cushion of 6 possible points on my license. This way, one slip.. and i'm DQ'd. grr!

Mod Expression - Watch the language please. Post amended to remove profanity

ReputationRep:
    Oh , for the record.. yes, the speed camera flashes twice. Seen it plenty of times driving on the motorway at night and some poor ******* gets caught driving in the opposite direction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    well it wouldn't by the speed camera (prob have to get someone with the same hair colour as you though!) - but if the authorities were bored they could always look at pictures from a nearby roadside camera near the same time the speeding took place. it has been known.
    how about saying you cant remember exactly who was driving, but it was probably xxxxx?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sahir)
    I have 3 points on my license, yea.. when you get that letter through the post headed "Kent Police" and "Notice of Intended Prosecution" in bold.. you just think "ohhhhhhhhhh .....", ruined my day that did! But ah well, £60 and 3 points.. worst thing is that i was doing 36mph in a 30 zone. Okay fair enough, yes, it's still illegal at 31, but y'know.. I was quite angry with myself for doing it for a few weeks, but you get over it. AND it must have been some ******* copper with his mobile gun thing, there aren't any speed cameras on that road.

I have to say though, it definately teaches you a lesson.. i could REALLY do with that £60 at the minute, and ofcourse, that cushion of 6 possible points on my license. This way, one slip.. and i'm DQ'd. grr!
    would you have to retake yout test, or just not drive for six months?

Mod Expression - Watch the language (Quotation) please. Post amended to remove profanity

ReputationRep:
    Not entirrrrely sure to be honest, but I THINK you get a 6 month ban and then have to retake your theory and practical afterwards. Not that worried about it, with uni coming up in september and the car at home like 200 miles away, meh!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    You have to take a special extended test when you can drive again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juno_the)
    You have to take a special extended test when you can drive again
    man that is bad - seems a bit severe really

ReputationRep:
    My uncle bought a Z4 then got banned from driving. You've gotta laugh really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    My uncle bought a Z4 then got banned from driving. You've gotta laugh really

was it speeding or something worse?

ReputationRep:

was it speeding or something worse?
    Speeding in his old car. He never got to drive the new one haha.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.