Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Check your privelege Watch

• View Poll Results: What's your privilege score?
    0-24
    7.14%
    25-49
    35.71%
    50-74
    42.86%
    75-100
    14.29%

ReputationRep:
    I'm a 64/100 privileged **** Lord.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a 64/100 privileged **** Lord.

Well I better go bash myself with a whip.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    It's Buzzfeed ffs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    I could have maybe added on 10 to my score, I'm not saying it's completely unrepresentative. My family has been below the poverty line for most of my life. My parents have been for years renting and have few assets and are unsure of their future housing-wise as they (and, hence, I, outside term-time) might have to go somewhere else within a few years. I have the maximum maintenance loan (not grant) because my parents cannot support me at uni, which will be a ***** to pay off. Right now I have no job and do not have enough money to pay all my rent, hopefully they will let me pay it a little bit late from uni loans. I had definite social problems when I was young, being upset and bullied a lot and was said to be on the Autistic spectrum (never officially diagnosed, I think, for whatever reason - not great because I really feel I have more difficulties with so many "normal" things than everyone else). Furthermore not being entirely straight puts you down a lot of points.

I'm most definitely not gay, but I would not describe myself as fully straight really.
    Ah I see now, did your parents attend university, if you don't mind me asking? Where are you from? I forgot that not being in employment of any sort can be a disadvantage aswell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Ah I see now, did your parents attend university, if you don't mind me asking? Where are you from? I forgot that not being in employment of any sort can be a disadvantage aswell.
    Nah. Manchester area originally, moved to Wales.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    38 out of 100.

Interesting...

I think the results were slightly skewed when there was neither a right answer to few of the questions.

Also it should have definitely been broken down by region, to a degree; I wouldn't get "privilege points" for being white (I would assume they'd do that) if I was in the Middle East, that's for sure. Or it could have at least qualified the quiz, by saying "only applicable in the Western world" or something like that. But it's Buzzfeed...

I think it would be very possible if it was heavily researched and quantified, to get an accurate "privilege level" so to speak...

I think the main things which brought my points down was the issue of money and my bisexuality (and agnostic atheism.)

ReputationRep:
    I think under privileged people need to check their privilege for not being told to check their privilege

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.