Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Today is the two month anniversary of the Brexit referendum watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rorschach II)
    I never said Brexit has happened; I referenced the EU referendum, which the Brexit camp had won.

Yes, the referendum is advisory; not legally binding.

"It's not going to happen for years" it's too early to tell.

"it was basically a mass opinion poll for whether or not you like how things have been going for the last 8 years" it wasn't merely anti-establishment and a whim. There have been quite a lot of reasons that can be nuanced.

I like your positive attitude; it's refreshing.

Quite a lot of Brexiteers said "it was going to be a bumpy ride" OWTTE.

And what exactly haven't you forgiven Brexiteers for?

And to echo someone else's post, I'm quite sure Brexiteers don't want your forgiveness.

It's not in our best interest to trigger Article 50 straight away.

Give it some time, like until March next year, then call them out on it.

It's still too early to tell if they are going to do it.

There's still hope? For a dictatorial move? Well I suppose you can call this referendum populist. But I can both argue the faults of democracy, dictatorship etc.

Why do you want to remain in the EU?

If you had read a few of the responses you would have seen...

I was just trying to provoke people.

Those demanding to trigger Article 50 straight away/immediately are annoying me a bit too.

What is disgusting though is that you think all leave voters are bigoted people. That is well and truly disgusting. There are many reasons one can fault the EU for and you're just reducing the leave camp to xenophobia. Utter tripe your post is.
    you know what really is well and truly disgusting? that there are people out there, in the uk, who hate immigrants so much that they voted away their children and grandchildren's futures. of course i can't generalise every single person who voted leave, as that would be me reaching their level of close-mindedness. i am ashamed to be from the same country as these people. people who really believe that a qualified immigrant is stealing their jobs when they themselves have no qualifications. people who think that someone's ethnicity is more important than their life. are you proud to have voted the same way as these people? are you proud to belong to a group of people that mainly consists of disgusting, low-rise racists? you know what else is 'utter tripe'? the leave campaign. where's that 350 million we were promised every week or every day or whatever it was? the remain campaign wasn't without its faults but that's irrelevant now leave have won. you voted for lies. are you pleased? what have we gained from this? absolutely **** all. we haven't got control back in the slightest, that's 'utter tripe' if i've ever heard it. it is laughable that so many people fell for nigel farage's ********. no matter why you voted, you are on the same side as these disgusting people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by limetang)
    If the vote had been 52% remain 48% leave would you be asking for a second referendum?
    No. But I'd be okay with you asking for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lostintrnslation)
    you know what really is well and truly disgusting? that there are people out there, in the uk, who hate immigrants so much that they voted away their children and grandchildren's futures. of course i can't generalise every single person who voted leave, as that would be me reaching their level of close-mindedness. i am ashamed to be from the same country as these people. people who really believe that a qualified immigrant is stealing their jobs when they themselves have no qualifications. people who think that someone's ethnicity is more important than their life. are you proud to have voted the same way as these people? are you proud to belong to a group of people that mainly consists of disgusting, low-rise racists? you know what else is 'utter tripe'? the leave campaign. where's that 350 million we were promised every week or every day or whatever it was? the remain campaign wasn't without its faults but that's irrelevant now leave have won. you voted for lies. are you pleased? what have we gained from this? absolutely **** all. we haven't got control back in the slightest, that's 'utter tripe' if i've ever heard it. it is laughable that so many people fell for nigel farage's ********. no matter why you voted, you are on the same side as these disgusting people.
    We voted to remain a sovereign nation not become a state in the United States of europe, it's ok that you don't respect this country but don't talk down to those who do.

ReputationRep:
    I'm very happy with the result of the referendum. 17,000,000 voters decided to leave the EU, direct democracy at its finest!

However, 'Brexit' hasn't occurred just yet. For these last two months our money is still going to Brussels, and our new Prime Minister is doing her best to stall the inevitable. If the will of the people is denied by the establishment.......

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.